Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 456789 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I much doubt we can put up 3 goals on the scoresheet to have a very strong chance at a draw, or maybe (just maybe) even more.
    Any less than 3, and I'm afraid this will be our first loss of the season.

...Because seems out of a sci-fi scenario to think we'll not be scored on minimum 2 times in Seattle, as per what our defence and goalkeeping has showed us so far this season.
    Sorry that I was right on these thoughts.

Some after game observations:

1. With this defense we wont get anywhere, ever.
    2. If Jozy will miss games, we are in deep shit, because Poz will have nobody to play to upfront. All other attacking obtions ve have are dead hands compared to Jozy... but this is of course too obvious for everybody. Another problem: if this happens, I'm afraid Poz will get very frustrated.
    3. Nice debut for Westburg, I hope I won't see Bono for a while after this.
    4. This was the very first good team we played this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I fear MLSE have pulled a ball & cup trick on us this off season because whatever way you spin it we lost our best player and he hasn’t been replaced. Sure Pozuelo looks impressive but I he falls quiet for large stretches of the game and is incapable of dominating and changing a game the way Séba did....
    Who scored again?

And on passes from whom?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW I would recommend everyone give Michael Leach a follow, he's on Twitter, Instagram & just started his own YouTube channel. Nice to see another journalist covering TFC more closely, after a couple others were re-assigned, spread over multiple sports, or at least reduced in their TFC coverage. Journalism is a tough market these days, let's support what we have.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Quentin on becoming the 211th player to suit up for the Reds in team history.

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Sorry that I was right on these thoughts.

Some after game observations:

1. With this defense we wont get anywhere, ever.
    2. If Jozy will miss games, we are in deep shit, because Poz will have nobody to play to upfront. All other attacking obtions ve have are dead hands compared to Jozy... but this is of course too obvious for everybody. Another problem: if this happens, I'm afraid Poz will get very frustrated.
    3. Nice debut for Westburg, I hope I won't see Bono for a while after this.
    4. This was the very first good team we played this season.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC really misses Auro. If we have two TAM spots available sign a CB and a winger 100%. The problem with MLS teams is the depth, once you ar emissions half of your starting back four, its going to be rough out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Who scored again?

And on passes from whom?
    Pozuelo has 2 goals and 4 fucking assist in 3 games and people are complaining? Wow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Pozuelo has 2 goals and 4 fucking assist in 3 games and people are complaining? Wow.
    Apparently he was "coasting" & "uninterested". Personally, I think he's like Seba in that the degree of difficulty of stuff he is trying is quite high. He is laying off passes that nobody is even remarking upon because he makes it look so darn easy.

Our defence suks & we all know & see that. But the Poz to Jozy combo is causing opposing defences fits.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tweet makes my point better

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After last weeks debut Laryea surely would have widened the field . He was spirited last week . Spirit isn’t highly prized with this coach .
    Last edited by jazzy; 04-13-2019 at 07:09 PM.
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    After last weeks debut Laryea surely would have widened the field . He was spirited last week . Spirit isn’t highly prized with is coach .
    Not to diminish Laryea, but Chicago was on something like their 3rd or 4th choice LB. This was not the same scenario.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just rematched both jozy goals.
    I do not understand how anybody can criticize him.
    The skill level shown on both of the goals is really high.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This tweet makes my point better

Poz is the Ineista of this league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stevep View Post
    Just rematched both jozy goals.
    I do not understand how anybody can criticize him.
    The skill level shown on both of the goals is really high.

This.

Unsurprisingly there's little noise now from the bright individuals who were trying to chase Jozy out in the offseason...give your heads a shake.

Only on these forums will you find people clamouring for the return of Nico Hasler yet calling for Jozy's head.

He is a legend.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    This.

Unsurprisingly there's little noise now from the bright individuals who were trying to chase Jozy out in the offseason...give your heads a shake.

Only on these forums will you find people clamouring for the return of Nico Hasler yet calling for Jozy's head.

He is a legend.
    Do you realize "these forums" is not one person? If some people wanted Jozy gone, those are very likely not the same people that wanted Hasler back. Plus they're on very different salaries, with very different roles.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This.

He is a legend.
    I can still want Jozy gone while acknowledging he's been lights out this season apart from injury. All this does increase the ease with which we can get rid of him

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle nearly conceded own goals twice in 30 seconds in the 90th minute under pressure, then Ciman kissed the post.

So so close to pulling out a result.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I can still want Jozy gone while acknowledging he's been lights out this season apart from injury. All this does increase the ease with which we can get rid of him
    He signed a DP contract - he's going nowhere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We can score but if we dont improve our defence it doesnt matter how many goals we score, we will be more likely to lose then win, Defense is crucial and we are looking for a winger instead of Defense, i dont know if i should support this move as it doesnt make sense to me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He signed a DP contract - he's going nowhere.
    Fair, but I still want him gone. And that contract could just as easily serve to secure transfer value of the player

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Seattle nearly conceded own goals twice in 30 seconds in the 90th minute under pressure, then Ciman kissed the post.

So so close to pulling out a result.
    Yes and their players looked battered and gassed... That game goes for 5 more minutes and we get a point. We are in the mix as a top 3-4 team in the league as it stands today.. we have to fix the Centre of Defense and have a second reliable goal scorer. If we do that we have a chance of getting back to the top. We may have solved our goalkeeper problems as well - which is encouraging. West burg had better distribution than Bono..it was apparent after about 10 minutes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fair, but I still want him gone. And that contract could just as easily serve to secure transfer value of the player
    One can only assume there is something personal behind your takes on Jozy. Outside of that it’s complete lunacy....what would you like to replace him with? A world class striker that can score consistently and reliably while providing championship moments...oh wait

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Thoughts
    Too many mistakes by Zavaleta & Ciman
    Smith is a great pick up for Seattle

Despite the loss, I think we might have our new starting Keeper. Westberg is much better than Bono at the moment.

Pozo and Altidore are a great combo. Looking forward to seeing how it develops during the season.

Disappointing loss, TFC should not have given up that third goal.
    The third goal is all on Bradley, he gave the ball right to Seattle in the middle of the park, that was the glaring mistake,
    Zavs is far too slow and indecisive, you can read what he will do with the ball, Delgado always gives up the ball.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One can only assume there is something personal behind your takes on Jozy. Outside of that it’s complete lunacy....what would you like to replace him with? A world class striker that can score consistently and reliably while providing championship moments...oh wait
    If you think Jozy is world class or that there aren't better ways to spend that money we're far apart in terms of how we rate players.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you think Jozy is world class or that there aren't better ways to spend that money we're far apart in terms of how we rate players.
    Come on guys, take the Jozy debate elsewhere, every game thread it's the same thing, it spirals beyond the actual game analysis

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    The third goal is all on Bradley, he gave the ball right to Seattle in the middle of the park, that was the glaring mistake,
    Zavs is far too slow and indecisive, you can read what he will do with the ball, Delgado always gives up the ball.
    And then Bradley jogged slowly, didn't look around, and didn't follow the players into the box. Morgan ended up having to deal with 3 players on his own, the ball holder and two runners, one of whom ended up scoring.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Reported 71% Passing accuracy for Westberg, impressive considering the mix of playing it long and passing out the back that we saw. Distribution is an area that massively lets Bono down and having a keeper comfortable with the ball at his feet is a massive bonus with the way we set up.
    Thought he could have done better with all three of the goal but let’s see how he does against Minnesota. Hopefully the competition does Bono some good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    And then Bradley jogged slowly, didn't look around, and didn't follow the players into the box. Morgan ended up having to deal with 3 players on his own, the ball holder and two runners, one of whom ended up scoring.
    It’s worrying to see Bradley’s form dip. I know everyone thinks he has an iron clad mentality and his contract situation won’t effect him. Well I think everyone is human & it seems to be effecting him. We need to get it resolved and have him stabilized. We missed Auro and Moor badly.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    It’s worrying to see Bradley’s form dip. I know everyone thinks he has an iron clad mentality and his contract situation won’t effect him. Well I think everyone is human & it seems to be effecting him. We need to get it resolved and have him stabilized. We missed Auro and Moor badly.
    I don't think this is a form dip for Bradley. I've seen this off & on from Bradley for years. Sometimes he makes lung-bursting full-field runs topped off by incredible game-saving tackles. And other amazing feats. Sometimes he drifts, doesn't look around, doesn't organize his area of the midfield, and jogs after turnovers. Sometimes his intense focus and zen-like demeanour are assets; sometimes they're not. And I wonder if the coach has authority over him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Yeah, it was shockingly bad bit of play from Bradley. Vanney called out the midfield for not tracking runners when its no longer 3/5 at the back.

I suspect that is going to get hammered into them this week because the Loons & Portland love to run wide and then throw it at runners coming in late.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, it was shockingly bad bit of play from Bradley. Vanney called out the midfield for not tracking runners when its no longer 3/5 at the back.

I suspect that is going to get hammered into them this week because the Loons & Portland love to run wide and then throw it at runners coming in late.
    I'm glad that Vanney mentioned that. I don't want to hammer Bradley too much; other midfielders also mess up on defensive duties. I just expect more from Bradley, as an experienced player, captain, and supposed midfield general. Mostly he delivers; sometimes he doesn't.

I feel we never adequately replaced Will Johnson. I think we need that kind of defensive midfield destroyer, at least for certain games or game states. I think we should be able to find a cheaper version of that, from the inside (academy etc.) or the outside. Hasler and a few other former players, had some of those qualities. I think Liam Fraser has lots of skills, great for starting the play and passing the ball forward. But I don't think he has the mobility & terrier-nature to play that Will Johnson role (and support Bradley in that way). Maybe Fraser can be trained for that. Or maybe DeLeon, after we get a TAM winger?