Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Bez is partly responsible for 2018 & for what he left the team with, the end of 2020 into 2021. He was good - but I would not say he's a guarantee "winner".

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I really didn't want to get on here as my Dad passed this morning and I didn't need the negativity but after that match I will say this:

1) Conway has officially ruined every GK we ever had. We have no starting level GKs

2) We have no starting level CBs

3) We have no starting level CFs

4) The players have mailed it in for 2022

5) Laryea is largely terrible. I know people watch him with blinders but he is barely playing above Kosi level defensively. Absolutely terrible. He'll probably be back because he really isn't good enough for the championship much less the EPL.

6) Our Italians need a rest because they don't look great either and we all know they are. As soon as the travel miles kicked in, they fell off and so did we.

7) Bob has until June as a coach and realistically this winter seals his fate as anything going forward as a director of any kind with this organization. His seat is hot even though this season never mattered. It still should have ended more put together than this.

That's it. Peace everyone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well I really didn't want to get on here as my Dad passed this morning and I didn't need the negativity but after that match I will say this:

1) Conway has officially ruined every GK we ever had. We have no starting level GKs

5) Laryea is largely terrible. I know people watch him with blinders but he is barely playing above Kosi level defensively. Absolutely terrible. He'll probably be back because he really isn't good enough for the championship much less the EPL.

6) Our Italians need a rest because they don't look great either and we all know they are. As soon as the travel miles kicked in, they fell off and so did we.

7) Bob has until June as a coach and realistically this winter seals his fate as anything going forward as a director of any kind with this organization. His seat is hot even though this season never mattered. It still should have ended more put together than this.

my condolences

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My condolences dude. My father died three years ago. It's never easy and I wish I could say something to make it less difficult.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Some wanted him gone, and got their wish. I'll give time to rebuild, but I don't think we're playing better technically now than under him.

Thoughts are with you my friend. Please reach out if you need anything

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    I notice Bob threw the kids under the bus in the media yesterday, too. If this was a building year, what was he expecting? 19 year old academy players to blossom into first teamers overnight?
    Yeah, that sounded ingenuous. Getting rid of your full backs, starting teenage wingers in their place and what do you expect? Not to mention the other decisions as Sporting Director. I’d like to hear a little bit of accountability there or at least something reasonable.

He said the same thing about Priso after he got rid of him… has to learn how to play, etc. Well, let’s see an overall structure in which he’s likely to succeed.

As I’ve said previously though, I don’t think this season was about developing the kids. It was about taking an axe to the roster (as Davidson put it) and starting from ground zero.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 09-18-2022 at 04:37 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I mean, allegedly BB is a really smart guy and things will snap together next year but it’s hard not to doubt of bit of what we’re doing here on every level.

Player acquisition, tactical decisions, team unity… everything feels a bit foul
    It’s all a fine balance. Turning over 21 guys means a compromised training camp. The idea that you can prepare to play a certain way when the Italians arrive - with guys that can’t keep up with the play and aren’t experienced or sophisticated enough to play this way - is nonsense. And then even with the additions, we have rarely had a good enough starting eleven.

Maybe the biggest frustration is the lack of adaptation by the manager. We can all see possibilities for trying, at least, to get something more out of the roster (even as thin as it is). But that hasn’t been happening - not enough - all year.

At the same time, I think we would have made the playoffs if we had the current best eleven healthy for ten matches or so. And maybe a keeper on $550,000 who wasn’t a rank amateur.

I’m willing to see what happens next year with a proper camp, a really good starting eleven and some genuinely useful guys on the bench. Though that’s not a given… it’s quite a bit of work to get there.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 09-18-2022 at 04:46 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Peace & thoughts with you....13 years ago since my Dad died & I still wish I could talk to him about things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toronto Sun on Saturday
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So sorry to hear this. Peace to you and your family!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes...MB is a legend,but man i an really sick of seeing him play every second of every minute of every game no matter what the score is,what is his dad trying to prove,and our keeping omg,westberg looked like a jr b butterfly style keeper last night,what a nightmare of season,but i cant wait until next season

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ah damn. I’m so sorry to learn this. Losing a parent leaves such a sorrowful void. I can promise with time, memories will fill in the emptiness, and they will be good memories, and they will bring you smiles. But not in the moment. Nothing eases the pain in the moment. My thoughts are with you and your family.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think that BB is too inflexible. I'm not sure if that's fixable, especially in this league.

More in the roster thread.
    Last edited by Auzzy; 09-18-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yesterday was the first day that I’m actually growing impatient with BB. I understand it’s a building year, and am trying to keep calm. But these last few games, especially even the ones being at home, have been pretty pathetic. And now starting to wonder that coaching is playing a part as well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Some wanted him gone, and got their wish. I'll give time to rebuild, but I don't think we're playing better technically now than under him.
    Well, if we are taking any cues from SerieA or the EPL, their teams... some misters do return for a second and even third stint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well I really didn't want to get on here as my Dad passed this morning and I didn't need the negativity but after that match I will say this:... That's it. Peace everyone.
    My condolences U&P.
    A trying experience and time.
    Recently went through it myself; during one of the Covid waves.
    Not easy; keep on keeping on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mo Babouli playing for York United is a better mid fielder than anything we have other than Osorio. Sign him for the last 2 games.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My tower of belief is starting to sway; I am starting to wobble.
    Maybe it is 'foundation' issues as many may be suggesting.
    Maybe 'the builder' is at fault.

I guess with the loss it's now official...
    TFC must begin to 'prepare to prepare'...
    The 2022 MLS Off-Season Calendar for Player Moves is soon upon us...

https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2022-...r-player-moves

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Prof View Post
    Mo Babouli playing for York United is a better mid fielder than anything we have other than Osorio. Sign him for the last 2 games.
    I suspect dodging bomb craters on the pitch during match play at club level in Syria did not work out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    There are no other CB's.
    Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    it's not who's playing it's how he's using them.

If you don't have the players with sufficient speed to push up to the half, don't push up to the half.

it's so fucking naive a kid playing football manager could figure it out.
    Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I can confirm I was that kid
    Ok class, kids, lets go, take your seats.
    Eyes front, now have a look at these two graphs being projected on the screen.
    What do you see?
    Notice anything?
    Can a correlation be made?
    Or any cause and effect?

Bob Bradley, stop kidding yourself!

Playing the kids did not work out.

Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 09-18-2022 at 12:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one constant in our 16 year existence is shit defense. Aside from Vanney no other coach has got a handle on it and even he had some down years as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    The one constant in our 16 year existence is shit defense. Aside from Vanney no other coach has got a handle on it and even he had some down years as well.
    ...and bad goalkeeping.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

First and foremost my condolences on your loss. My you and family find peace and comfort within each other in this difficult time.

I agree with your entire post but will say to the CB point, Mavinga is a starting level CB provided he can stay healthy and his personal life remains calm. If not then yeah we have no CBs still

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Condolences Ultra.

I share concerns, but don't think we should overreact to these last few meaningless games, especially against teams that are playing for something. Bound to be some ugly games in there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Yes and keep in mind as Canary said things could get ugly here. Miami fighting for their life to stay in the playoffs.
    Then you have Philly, unless they rotate the squad, (which they might not if they are still trying to get the shield) They handily beat Orlando 5-1 and in the last 10 games they have scored 34 goals. I sure hope we don't concede more than 5 in the next two games.