Page 115 of 193 FirstFirst ... 1565105111112113114115116117118119125165 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,450 of 5785
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    OK there was 20% of me that found these posts amusing for a few days a long time ago but I’ve officially reached my limit reading repetitive, mean spirited crap. The board is a worse place for these posts. My day is worse for reading them.

Someone posted awhile back how to enable the ignore function. Can someone please remind me?
    On the left side bar, right click on the user name & open up a new tab

On that left side bar, click on ignore user

It asks for a confirm and off you go without having to wade through certain people's post.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Great signing for sure.

Do we know when he'll be ready to play?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    On the left side bar, right click on the user name & open up a new tab

On that left side bar, click on ignore user

It asks for a confirm and off you go without having to wade through certain people's post.
    Thanks. Much appreciated. I don’t post often but I do enjoy reading balanced, well articulated points from people like you.

This board is feeling a bit like a microcosm of the current state of the world, with the loudest voice dominating the conversation, completely irrespective of logic, facts or basic decency.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've seen a few posts about recalling Auro. Anyone know how Luke Singh is doing with FC Edmonton? He's played 13 of their 15 games, playing the full 90 almost every time. I know Edmonton is basically a collection of castoffs since the owner gave up control of the team, so they're expected to be a bottom feeder. With Mavinga going through issues, could he be a recall candidate?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    Thanks. Much appreciated. I don’t post often but I do enjoy reading balanced, well articulated points from people like you.

This board is feeling a bit like a microcosm of the current state of the world, with the loudest voice dominating the conversation, completely irrespective of logic, facts or basic decency.
    Wow...so because you don't like me posting reality and my opinion, that means I lack basic decency, facts or logic? That hurt but it won't ruin my day. And others like my posts and said so. And even you admitted you found my posts amusing....and with the current state of the team, if we can't at least have a few laughs then we are crying. I prefer to have a laugh and wait for better days.
    The calvary is coming (sans defenders) so it can only get better after tonight.

PS You said my posts lacked facts..the 28 game goals against streak is reality. I wish I made that one up. And Mikey can't take set pieces, its fact.

Cheers!
    Last edited by Hala Hrvatska; 07-16-2022 at 08:03 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I've seen a few posts about recalling Auro. Anyone know how Luke Singh is doing with FC Edmonton? He's played 13 of their 15 games, playing the full 90 almost every time. I know Edmonton is basically a collection of castoffs since the owner gave up control of the team, so they're expected to be a bottom feeder. With Mavinga going through issues, could he be a recall candidate?
    I don't know. He was pretty ineffective last year. Maybe he's improved?

The Auro cast off really is puzzling. We have no one to replace him. And I had never heard once that he had any "attitude" issues with Vaney, Armas and Perez so what changed once BB came in to make him getting dumped and we literally had no back up for him. We went from Layrea and Auro to a kid that never played the position before.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I don't know. He was pretty ineffective last year. Maybe he's improved?

The Auro cast off really is puzzling. We have no one to replace him. And I had never heard once that he had any "attitude" issues with Vaney, Armas and Perez so what changed once BB came in to make him getting dumped and we literally had no back up for him. We went from Layrea and Auro to a kid that never played the position before.
    Bob Bradley has a very clear idea of how he wants to play and what players he believes will fit in his system. I applaud his aggressive roster rebuild, which was needed, but I Auro has always seemed like an odd decision to me. He's a great passer, stays in his position, and makes very few mistakes. I don't get this one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    Bob Bradley has a very clear idea of how he wants to play and what players he believes will fit in his system. I applaud his aggressive roster rebuild, which was needed, but I Auro has always seemed like an odd decision to me. He's a great passer, stays in his position, and makes very few mistakes. I don't get this one.
    I’ve often found Auro to be a player that had great stats but doesn’t pass the eye test. But it’s hard to know if it’s him or because playing on an awful team made him look bad.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My problem with Auro is the same problem I have with a lot of the kids right now - he doesn't move the ball quick enough & prefers to go back rather then be progressive.

Example, he must average 20 seconds to take a thrown in.

Thompson is a bit like that too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I’ve often found Auro to be a player that had great stats but doesn’t pass the eye test. But it’s hard to know if it’s him or because playing on an awful team made him look bad.
    I’m with you. He seemed to be good for a mistake a game and was average defending as well as going forward. That said I think he’s better than what we there right now. I agree with OG’s point too.
    Last edited by Canary10; 07-16-2022 at 09:09 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the next DP is to be a Forward / Striker,
    and if Belotti is the leading candidate,
    and Mertens may still be in the mix as an outlier,
    then FinallyMario could be the JackInTheBox.

IIUC there has been consideration by, and outreach between, TFC and SuperMario at times throughout the last few years.
    And if it is the 'run and gun' show for now, then IMHO this 'gladiator' still seems to have 'gas in the tank'.
    Helped Turkish newly promoted Super Lig team Adana Demirspor to 9th place this past season.
    Seems to have thrived under former striker and Italian coach Vincenzo Montella.
    Despite his past and antics, this brand may also check a lot of TFC/MLSE and MLS marketing boxes.

Here are his goal highlights...

https://youtu.be/YxAnn2cFyYw

I recommend paying attention to the magic at about 2:28.
    Does Toronto want or deserve to enjoy some of that?
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 07-16-2022 at 09:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

auro is average,i guess we dont remember how many bad plays he made that cost us points the last 2 years,he is Brazilian has a cn tower tatt,so he is likable,the fact that we are paying him to play away and couldnt move him in the mls says alot,i still dont understand why they didnt give frankllin a shot?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it’s a mistake to stick wide midfielders and in some cases forwards (!) at fullback and expect them to do the job. That’s what we’ve done all year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

[QUOTE=Mr. Inbetween;1965319]If the next DP is to be a Forward / Striker,

IIUC there has been consideration by, and outreach between, TFC and SuperMario at times throughout the last few years.
    And if it is the 'run and gun' show for now, then IMHO this 'gladiator' still seems to have 'gas in the tank'.
    Helped Turkish newly promoted Super Lig team Adana Demirspor to 9th place this past season.
    Despite his past and antics, this brand may also check a lot of TFC/MLSE and MLS marketing boxes.

Does Toronto want or deserve to enjoy some of that?[/QUOTE

plz stop the teasing,he would tear mls apart.it wont happen,plz make it happen
    Last edited by reggie; 07-16-2022 at 09:32 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh's article mentioned that tfc are set to fill the dp spot this window because of all the quality free agents available right now.

Veth article on transfermarkt mentioned them being in for another Italian superstar.

The list of Italian free agents that would improve the team is pretty short...

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You might want to rein in your praise of Bradley a wee bit, everything he has done is all with the safety net of MLSE money bringing in fantastic players without this he would be in the same predicament as Armas was last year and the entire fan base would of been calling for his head weeks ago.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    If the next DP is to be a Forward / Striker,

Does Toronto want or deserve to enjoy some of that?
    I don't see Super Mario being a character that Bradley wants on his team. He always had huge natural talent but a lack of focus and discipline.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Singh's article mentioned that tfc are set to fill the dp spot this window because of all the quality free agents available right now.

Veth article on transfermarkt mentioned them being in for another Italian superstar.

The list of Italian free agents that would improve the team is pretty short...
    yes im thinking it is the rooster,but hoping for BALO, it would be a media circus sort of like a zlatan signing its not happening,not the mlse type

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My hot take of the day: I think Bernardeschi will end up being a better player for TFC than Insigne.
    Feel free to save this post and drag me for it in a couple years when I'm wrong

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If the 3rd DP is Italian and a free agent, it basically has to be Belotti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    My hot take of the day: I think Bernardeschi will end up being a better player for TFC than Insigne.
    Feel free to save this post and drag me for it in a couple years when I'm wrong
    He might well be. I was quick to jump on his Juve stats but if we look at the guy’s highlight reel it’s clear he was playing more of a linking role.

His Fiorentina highlights, when he was an out-and-out attacker are much more impressive, and he scored a goal every 2.5 games (39 in 93).

If he can do that there we might have Seba production levels on our hands, if we’re lucky.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not all contracts line up with the transfer window dates. It might be someone whose deal hasn’t quite expired, so they’re not listed on transfermarkt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Though, it is still fun to further speculate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Not all contracts line up with the transfer window dates. It might be someone whose deal hasn’t quite expired, so they’re not listed on transfermarkt.
    Here's the list of Italian players that will be free agents next year: https://www.transfermarkt.us/transfe...id=75&yt0=Show

Not any clear good fits for TFC. One player who is a free agent this year and is kind of Italian is Dybala. I don't know if he's a better fit than Belotti, but having him would be fun

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't see Dybala coming to MLS before a World Cup. Thankfully that isn't an issue with the Italians.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh has said multiple times that TFC has no interest in Belotti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok - so we current line up like this:

Insigne -- Jimenez -- Bernardeschi

Osorio -- Bradley -- Kaye

Criscito -- O'Neil -- McNaughton -- Petrasso

Westberg

To make a run at the playoffs we need at least a CB and a RB. We could survive without a DP striker but we cannot survive with this crop of defenders.
    Agreed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Singh has said multiple times that TFC has no interest in Belotti.
    He said there hasn't been any new contact.

The old offer could still be on the table.

Also this was before Salcedo dp spot opened

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok - so we current line up like this:

Insigne -- Jimenez -- Bernardeschi

Osorio -- Bradley -- Kaye

Criscito -- O'Neil -- McNaughton -- Petrasso

Westberg

To make a run at the playoffs we need at least a CB and a RB. We could survive without a DP striker but we cannot survive with this crop of defenders.
    Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    Agreed.
    I am ok with that 'au courant' line-up.

But, and understanding Mavinga is likely a persona-non-grata and toast,
    as a best footy forward, I would prefer, for now, to see this...
    -Insigne--------------Jimenez------------Bernardeschi-
    -Osorio---------------Bradley---------------Kaye-----
    -McNaughton---Mavinga---Criscito----------O'Neil----
    ---------------------Westberg-----------------------

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

John Molinaro's reporting on TFC Republic that Bono and the club have not had any discussions about contract renewals. His contract is up December 31st.