Page 70 of 193 FirstFirst ... 206066676869707172737480120170 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,100 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

colour me amazed so far, and from what i know this is just the start, our team finally should be able to compete every game from here on out

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bobo View Post
    Getting 150K in GAM for an expiring deal in a Year 0 season, to me, is gravy. It allows TFC to attack the DP market during the summer, which is huge. I just feel a bit for Pozuelo.

I've never liked Bernardeschi and the club would overpay to get him, but I do expect him to produce at a DP level. But hoping they go for a real game-breaker with the other DP spot.
    Raps gave up their franchise player for the Klaw (on the final year of his contract)....there must have been more we could have got in return other than $150k

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousGoonie View Post
    Raps gave up their franchise player for the Klaw (on the final year of his contract)....there must have been more we could have got in return other than $150k
    yeah we did

we got the DP spot freed up and are getting bernardeschi. you forget that there are different mechanics...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousGoonie View Post
    Plus I think they want this done fast. Sure you could drag out a few weeks of dealing for the best offer but it could screw your own targets (see Man United every summer window).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Manuel Veth reporting another Italian could be joining. There aren’t many notable ones left in positions of need aside from Romagnoli.

Meet Amico’s, Daniel Bessa.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/daniel-...spieler/140757
    Bring on Belotti!

Could you imagine this lineup?

Insigne -- Belotti -- Bernardeschi

Osorio Bradley MAK

Criscito - O'Neil - Mavinga - ?

Westberg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Adding to your earlier post, I think you might be right with Akinola going the other way for MAK.

And I think the Italian might be Belotti. Nothing official with Monaco and AFAIK no “here we go” yet.
    Actually, this could make a lot of sense. Akinola also counts as domestic for a US-based team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just went to see if Ayo is following the Rapids. Turns out, no. He does follow basically every Instagram 'model' known to man though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All these rumours are great, but the team needs a backline leader more than anything else. Not a peep about defenders.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    All these rumours are great, but the team needs a backline leader more than anything else. Not a peep about defenders.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nothing that happened today has addressed any of the holes we had at the start of the day. Let’s see what else goes down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    For those arguing about Bernardeschi, remember the quote "I'd rather be happy than right".
    'It's better to look good than to feel good. And you look marvelous!' - Fernando Lamas

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Nothing that happened today has addressed any of the holes we had at the start of the day. Let’s see what else goes down.
    Bernardeschi is a good winger and defends diligently which is already a big step up.

If MAK comes that's another big hole filled.i think after that the biggest need is for a CB

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    Bernardeschi is a good winger and defends diligently which is already a big step up.

If MAK comes that's another big hole filled.i think after that the biggest need is for a CB
    It depends where Criscito ends up. We desperately need fullbacks, more so than CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would say that goals or no, our wingers are definitely better now than they were.

Outside of a brief period where we vastly outperformed our xg we have been absolutely toothless. Hopefully that changes.

MAK should improve our midfield.

Criscitio is probably the CB we needed. A clam assured presence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing our best attacking player. Will be interesting to see how that goes. MAK would be great. I hope that happens.

I think we need a fullback or wingback too depending on how Bob wants to use that position.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agree with the above. This is all really fun, but the backline remains a mess.

We need a starting right back at the bare minimum, and if Salcedo goes we'll need another centre back or left back as well.

Insigne and all the fire power in the world won't matter if we keep losing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Replacing our best attacking player. Will be interesting to see how that goes. MAK would be great. I hope that happens.

I think we need a fullback or wingback too depending on how Bob wants to use that position.
    We will sign a full back. One of the 3-4 will be a LB. I have faith this will get done.

This is quickly becoming the house that Bob built.

Looking back at the turd pile that finished last year, and seeing what we look like already it is night and day.

Are we better? Only time will tell.

I think we will definitely be able to play Bradley ball more consistently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS

After Insigne, Toronto to tempt AC Milan star with rich contract - AC Milan News https://www.acmilaninfo.com/transfer...gnoli-toronto/

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If all the pieces talked about come in & the pieces said to be leaving go, we would need 2 decent quality CB's, a RB & a quality GK.

I think we have to temper all this movement with the understanding that

a) some of the parts coming in or currently working well may not work well in 2022 or 2023

b) this was always going to be 3 windows to success - I suspect the defence doesn't get resolved until next January

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is our best but doesnt fit in the way bob is trying to play, we sacrifice a lot defensively.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Have to ask if MAK is a huge upgrade for us why would Colorado trade him? Did they not pay a steep price to acquire him? I don't see the huge upgrade unless what we already have is that poor that any player coming in would be considered an upgrade
    Should be a big upgrade because Poz is neither a two way mid nor a responsible right winger. Bradley had been asking him to play both of those roles. And now we seem to have found that in Berna and MAK.

I love Pozuelo, btw, but I didn’t like seeing him miscast. This was inevitable. Good it’s someone BB knows how to work with.

Question is though, yes, what do we give up to get MAK? I think he’s been less than stellar with Colorado though seemed to help them more than quite a bit.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-05-2022 at 08:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil744 View Post
    https://twitter.com/TransfersMLS

After Insigne, Toronto to tempt AC Milan star with rich contract - AC Milan News https://www.acmilaninfo.com/transfer...gnoli-toronto/

Yeh, I don't think so.

That article indicates Insigne is going to get 20 million a year.....

Mind you though...imagine if it happened what our defence could be for the next 3 years.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 07-05-2022 at 08:41 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Trading Ayo for MAK could be a move. It would also open up that u-22 slot for some backline help also. Could lead to a u-22 guy replacing Salcedo and maybe (a long shot) Belotti taking Ayo's spot at striker with the DP spot opened up.
    Sounds reasonable. Throw in Shaff as well and let Petrasso play that role when needed.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 07-06-2022 at 12:19 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I know, I get it. We lose a bit of something too though.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I have to second this.
    I will even stress that there is a case to be made about an urgency to try to address this situation for this window.

IMHO, at least a seasoned R-FB and a seasoned CB-R.

I am good with it being from within MLS, and yes even non SerieA European.
    However, given the understanding that Kaye is TAM?
    Then I suspect and in keeping with the latest rumours, any CB-R may be a DP and SerieA Italian; likely Romagnoli.
    Latest internet chatter... paraphrasing... 'Lazio deal fell through, possible issues dealing with the Raiola clan; moving on to England'.
    Perhaps it's MLS for EPL. Suspect TFC/MLS can offer better broth for his soup order.
    There may also be a couple of SerieA goalkeeper options available and worth the consideration; if the price is right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never consider Juarez a big spending Liga MX team, but they are supposedly the team after Salcedo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The one time Wheeler tries to break some news, he needs to walk it back a couple hours later...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    Missed everything but this guy right here ..any note info regarding who could be coming in as a DP
    Well thank you to you and @portu

But no I have 0 info, and you’d laugh at how far removed from me this “source” is

I posted a few months ago what they told me (it was outlandish things like “we had a deal for dayne st Clair in the summer but westberg refused to backup a kid”) and sort of got ridiculed (maybe fairly)

Because lets be honest, sounds ridiculous,

I’ll always post what he hears because he does legitimately know people who know things, sometimes it’s tough to know how much of it is his own spin… but hey it’s kinda fun, and even more fun when it comes true

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sad to see Poz go.
    Was just listening to extra time podcast and they said Poz got into a screaming match with Stalteri.. someone said there was more to it above.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    But is dog impressed?
    Grrrr, beat me to it....