Page 66 of 193 FirstFirst ... 165662636465666768697076116166 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,980 of 5785
    Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    Who, that fills the goal regularly, and has a guaranteed ability to do well here is willing to come?
    MLS as a lower league always has to play the balancing act. It is not just who you want, it is who you can get. FB not scoring at Juve is not a guarantee that he won't score here. His record at Fiorentina that earned his move to Juve was quite good. If he is freed to be a pure attacker and give the ability to use his skills why would he not score?
    He does have a 1 in 3 season in serie a under his belt.

Is it beyond comprehension he could be a 1in 3 guy in MLS? It certainly seems possible if he is given the attacking options. A defensively solid 10 plus scorer who has pace and serie a level ball control wouldn't be worth a DP spot?

I am not married to him being a great DP. I just think dismissing him outright greatly overestimates the difference in level.
    This is a an excellent post from someone who understands that the quality in MLS is frankly brutal compared to Serie A and as he says dismissing Bernardeschi is laughable, hope this happens so that some of you can learn the difference between the two leagues

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    150k GAM is fine. They obviously just wanted that DP spot opened for a Weekend with Berni.
    If Salcedo is going as well, that suggests they have two more DPs already lined up.

If Bernardeschi is one, who’s the other?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

150k GAM is fine. They obviously just wanted that DP spot opened for a Weekend with Berni.
    Well played...

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insert "Wow, that escalated quickly" gif here.
    Yeh, if you went away from 8 pm last night to now.....

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yeh, if you went away from 8 pm last night to now.....
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Who plays attacking midfielder, Osorio?
    We won’t have one. Poz was a #10 through and through (even when pushed out wide) and he didn’t look at home in Bradley’s conception of football. Bernardeschi is more like the player BB was asking Poz to be: defensively responsible right winger.

We still need quite a few players however, especially if Salcedo is gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So TFC just traded a former mvp make 3.5 million to go sign a dp that didn’t score in over a calendar year and probably pay him in the 6–7 million range (gross not net)

before any of you start… he played the majority of his games against the lower positioned teams.

fire manning straight into the moon. He really is useless

i hope pozeulo torches every single time he plays us…

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    So TFC just traded a former mvp make 3.5 million to go sign a dp that didn’t score in over a calendar year and probably pay him in the 6–7 million range (gross not net)

before any of you start… he played the majority of his games against the lower positioned teams.

This is a Bob Bradley move. It's success or failure, which we don't know yet, will sit with him. With the info we have right now our transfer business has been appalling, but we'll see

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    This is a Bob Bradley move. It's success or failure, which we don't know yet, will sit with him. With the info we have right now our transfer business has been appalling, but we'll see

No it hasn't

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Didn’t Manning say that DP moves go through him?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I share your concern about his overall value but we have to temper it by considering that he’s a) playing at a higher level and b) may be primarily tasked with roles outside the final third.

I’ll be on board until it doesn’t work, as usual.

If we sign him, great, hopefully it works out. I can’t see a guy who’s played regular for their national team HURTING us. Our team play and transition play is so poor, even a guy who’s being overpaid relative to production can be pretty valuable.

As long as he fulfills his team responsibilities at a top level, his overall production may be less important, because we still have Insigne, Jimenez and Akinola, all of whom are pretty much locks to score 10 plus a season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    This is a an excellent post from someone who understands that the quality in MLS is frankly brutal compared to Serie A and as he says dismissing Bernardeschi is laughable, hope this happens so that some of you can learn the difference between the two leagues
    At least we'll find out! No longer just a theoretical question.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Right - literally every player we've moved on from except maybe Kemar this year has been just as bad if not WORSE than we've been.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Didn’t Manning say that DP moves go through him?
    I'm sure they do, but it seemed clear Bob either didn't rate Pozuelo too highly or just didn't think he'd fit in his system. I'm sure Manning has to approve, but I'd say Bob was the one pushing this. Both are culpable really, but I'd bet the decision was Bobs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning literally said he looked at transfermarket to figure out who to sign….

JFC they should all be fired into the moon. MLSE board, manning and anyone else who was in on these decisions

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell me we didn't trade one of the best mid fielders in the league for $150k and opening a dp slot, we better have someone special lined up to be our third DP
    I know that’s a crappy feeling but he’s 6 months from the end of his deal. He’s probably not happy playing out his contract and may have been a risk to hold out if we didn’t move him this summer.

He could bolt from Miami in 6 months. Nothing forces him to resign.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm sure they do, but it seemed clear Bob either didn't rate Pozuelo too highly or just didn't think he'd fit in his system. I'm sure Manning has to approve, but I'd say Bob was the one pushing this. Both are culpable really, but I'd bet the decision was Bobs
    Could be. He’s was talking a lot about how he has tried to use Poz different ways in the last after game presser.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woah. Sad to see Poz go. I would've like to see him get a couple of games with Insigne to see how they'd work together. Now we'll never know.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    If Salcedo is going as well, that suggests they have two more DPs already lined up.

If Bernardeschi is one, who’s the other?
    Gotta think it is either an 8 or a 6. DP watch is back on, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He’s ultimately a guy who seems very keen on positional responsibility. Even when he was good (which was, really, most of the time) Poz was all over the pitch because he’s played like a guy with a free role since basically his second year at Genk.

He’s been successful being the guy on the ball for six years, so he’s probably locked into it now.

But on a team that relies on taking positional advantage — basically eschewing prescribed movement in favor of supporting triangles and filling zones to support teammates, ala Cruyff ball — that forces teammates to be as good as he is, because they have to read and adjust more.

GIven that Oso tends to do this as well in the final third as a consequence of being able to keep the ball in traffic, we end up with a lot of disjointed situations that turn into bad transitions the other way,.

On a team of veterans none of this would be an issue, because the other players would all read, react and adjust quickly enough to cover problems. But the kids just need more positional discipline. That’s my read, anyway.

Poz is very much a round peg and Bob wants square pegs in square holes.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i hope pozeulo torches every single time he plays us…
    Yes they did , and you will soon learn not to shit on 28 year olds that just won A European Championship

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gotta think it is either an 8 or a 6. DP watch is back on, I think.
    Anyone know who’s out there with a deal up in six months? Out side of the free agents, that’ll be who they’re looking to move.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Manning literally said he looked at transfermarket to figure out who to sign….

JFC they should all be fired into the moon. MLSE board, manning and anyone else who was in on these decisions
    Every team on earth uses transfermarkt and insigne and berna signings are a cut above MLS and fit with the style of football Bob likes to play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Poz is very much a round peg and Bob wants square pegs in square holes.
    100% agree with this. Poz was (and is) a great player and did so much for TFC. But he wasn't a fit with the vision for the team. Getting a significant return for Poz was always going to be tough with 6 months left on his deal - especially if he was wanting to go to Miami in the future.

Whatever the future holds for this team, it's going to be fun.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    I'll be extremely sad if Poz leaves.
    One of the hardest things about following a team.

For me it was losing Vazquez.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

160 people browsing this thread…. Been a while… LOL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

I'm gutted - even though I know it was correct and it means some better things for the composition of the team, I'm gutted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Getting 150K in GAM for an expiring deal in a Year 0 season, to me, is gravy. It allows TFC to attack the DP market during the summer, which is huge. I just feel a bit for Pozuelo.

I've never liked Bernardeschi and the club would overpay to get him, but I do expect him to produce at a DP level. But hoping they go for a real game-breaker with the other DP spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post

Vasquez hit me harder than anyone, too. For me our second best ever player, and the true final piece to turn us from good to great. Criminally underappreciated by our fanbase overall, I think.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is the man we got - even though he wasn't great for us these past couple years, he'll always be this guy to me.