Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default MLS Match Day 18 - Seattle @ TFC - Sat July 2 7:36 Under the Infuence

I got no defence

Have at It People

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Always a hunger for redemption.

https://youtu.be/dIxkveUJEKU
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-30-2022 at 08:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m going to guess that this game will either see a very surprising effort or an absolute flop. Fingers crossed for a mighty effort! At least that way if they lose it will be palatable.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

we always got no defense - hopefully our friends Westberg and Salcedo are fine or this one could be rough.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If we lose here, fire Bradley...and terminate his son's contract also.

And then from the 9th we start fresh and build for next year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Overreaction squad is here smh

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Overreaction squad is here smh
    Just fold the franchise and make everyone happy. Never have to complain about TFC again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Just fold the franchise and make everyone happy. Never have to complain about TFC again.
    I was going to suggest they burn the stadium down. Maybe both?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    Giant pyre where we can burn all existing merch so it's like TFC never happened.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giant pyre where we can burn all existing merch so it's like TFC never happened.
    Perfect, like the giant bonfires in Scheveningen!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't burn down the stadium. People will complain about how long it took to burn to the ground and why the fire started in the north end instead of the south end.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Long weekend, great weather forecast. Let's hope it's a packed house with vocal fans. Can't wait.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kamp Berg View Post
    I'm all for this as long as we get a world class 50K outdoor stadium as a replacement!

Asking for the firing of Bob is just trolling, but on the other hand I wouldn't miss Manning,I think his time should have been up after last year's mess, but really for the underwhelming performance the last 3 years combined.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm all for this as long as we get a world class 50K outdoor stadium as a replacement!

Asking for the firing of Bob is just trolling, but on the other hand I wouldn't miss Manning,I think his time should have been up after last year's mess, but really for the underwhelming performance the last 3 years combined.
    I get its early to get rid of Bradley...that's the frustration of last night's loss talking....but HE is the one who didn't start Oso in a must win 6 pointer...and he is the one who decided to go the season without outside backs...and very inexperienced backs as well.

Last night, I just felt for Jimenez...he worked his butt off but had no one up front to help...Ako was literally invisible...kerr did nothing...Shaf nothing...its all on Jimenez and Poz's hands to try and creat something while being surrounded by 6 guys....

Anyways, needless to say this is a must win....and Seattle is no joke.

Any word on Shaff's injury? Looking nasty with the blood and he was dazed and didn't have his balance...hope he is alright....thinkign a concusion or some kind of orbital bone damage....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Long weekend, great weather forecast. Let's hope it's a packed house with vocal fans. Can't wait.
    I'll be there and the 9th. Lets win both...need a winning streak to get into the playoff mix.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    I get its early to get rid of Bradley...that's the frustration of last night's loss talking....but HE is the one who didn't start Oso in a must win 6 pointer...and he is the one who decided to go the season without outside backs...and very inexperienced backs as well.
    It's not a must win at all though. Not yet. Go look at some seasons that Seattle have had for evidence.

As for Osorio, he is coming back from injury and we're on a 4 matches in 16 days stretch. Since he ran out 60 on Saturday he was probably capped at 30-40 this match. It's senseless to start a player to pull them based on minutes in the first half so using them in the second is the smart and normal thing to do.

The wingbacks situation has been explained many times by many people and was included in my point form note on the roster thread to explain to people where we're at and why. Long story short; this is a roster rebuild at it's very beginning so you see what the foundation is. No point in signing randoms in the winter window when mostly everyone is questionable and more expensive. Next, kids don't count against the cap so if you can bleed some in then you will enjoy some cap relief from it later and they will gain some experience (this is why Seattle is always in the playoff picture). We've been told from day one that the moves will happen this summer in the window. That opens in a week. The goal was to be in good shape by then. As long as we're within a few wins of the playoffs we should be good but....

If Westberg goes down for an extended period then I think we're done. We could sign 7 more TAMs & DPs and we'd probably still drop points.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We're definitely feeling the ripples of Curtis (and honestly to some extent, Bez re: youth academy) - this rebuild is going to be painful but hopefully relatively short as we develop both chemistry and the foundation of a more sustainable club - one that both spends where it can and develops where it should.

Speaking to the match, it'll probably a replay of Wednesday unless Salcedo/Q can play again - give up a (couple of) poorly positioned goal(s) then the quality of the offense picks up, that will probably determine if we pick up one or three (hopefully not zero).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seattle's offence is much better then Columbus.

This game is likely to be ugly.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seattle's offence is much better then Columbus.

This game is likely to be ugly.
    The only things that can help us are Salcedo & Westberg. Without them it will be a rough night.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's not a must win at all though. Not yet. Go look at some seasons that Seattle have had for evidence.

As for Osorio, he is coming back from injury and we're on a 4 matches in 16 days stretch. Since he ran out 60 on Saturday he was probably capped at 30-40 this match. It's senseless to start a player to pull them based on minutes in the first half so using them in the second is the smart and normal thing to do.

The wingbacks situation has been explained many times by many people and was included in my point form note on the roster thread to explain to people where we're at and why. Long story short; this is a roster rebuild at it's very beginning so you see what the foundation is. No point in signing randoms in the winter window when mostly everyone is questionable and more expensive. Next, kids don't count against the cap so if you can bleed some in then you will enjoy some cap relief from it later and they will gain some experience (this is why Seattle is always in the playoff picture). We've been told from day one that the moves will happen this summer in the window. That opens in a week. The goal was to be in good shape by then. As long as we're within a few wins of the playoffs we should be good but....

If Westberg goes down for an extended period then I think we're done. We could sign 7 more TAMs & DPs and we'd probably still drop points.
    “Senseless to start” Oso? Sometimes I get the impression that certain guys on this site believe that they are speaking to children or baseball fans that have no idea about soccer tactics. You start Oso because when it’s time to pull him off early in the second half and replace him with our low skilled substitutes, they will be playing against the Crews substitutes. Not starting Oso when you are already down your DP defender in Salcedo is Tim Bits coaching that only Bob Bradley is capable of. Why start Oso against Atlanta and not against Columbus? Toronto kept the game close against Atlanta a better team then the Crew, but fell behind with Oso on the bench. Shame on Bradley, no surprise LAFC canned his ass last year

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    “Senseless to start” Oso? Sometimes I get the impression that certain guys on this site believe that they are speaking to children or baseball fans that have no idea about soccer tactics. You start Oso because when it’s time to pull him off early in the second half and replace him with our low skilled substitutes, they will be playing against the Crews substitutes. Not starting Oso when you are already down your DP defender in Salcedo is Tim Bits coaching that only Bob Bradley is capable of. Why start Oso against Atlanta and not against Columbus? Toronto kept the game close against Atlanta a better team then the Crew, but fell behind with Oso on the bench. Shame on Bradley, no surprise LAFC canned his ass last year
    If they, and by they I mean the trainers and most likely Oso himself, determined he could go 30 to 40 minutes like I said then how exactly would that have extended into the second half?

Also we had Bradley & Priso starting so technically that's a set up with more defensive cover. However Priso didn't show up on short rest and Bradley can only do so much nowadays.

Plus you said it yourself, Atlanta is the better team and an Eastern team so you start your best against them and then rest those that need to against the weaker team. That's how it should work and it would have worked if Westberg & Salcedo would have played.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-30-2022 at 03:16 PM.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If they, and by they I mean the trainers and most likely Oso himself, determined he could go 30 to 40 minutes like I said then how exactly would that have extended into the second half?

Also we had Bradley & Priso starting so technically that's a set up with more defensive cover. However Priso didn't show up on short rest and Bradley can only do so much nowadays.

Plus you said it yourself, Atlanta is the better team and an Eastern team so you start your best against them and then rest those that need to against the weaker team. That's how it should work and it would have worked if Westberg & Salcedo would have played.
    Last time I looked Columbus is also an eastern team and Oso played 48 minutes , they should of started him let him play the half and get him another 10 minutes in the second half, Oso is currently the best player on this team, don’t insult me with Bradley and Priso is more of a defensive cover

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Last time I looked Columbus is also an eastern team and Oso played 48 minutes , they should of started him let him play the half and get him another 10 minutes in the second half, Oso is currently the best player on this team, don’t insult me with Bradley and Priso is more of a defensive cover
    Osorio prefers to go forward and usually gets involved with link up play with Poz. Priso usually stays back and plays it safe. Maybe too safe with the square passes but safe and Bradley will always be there with either of them so that's unchanging forever. The point I also made was that the Crew are the worse of the two Eastern teams we had to play so you adjust the line up accordingly. Osorio should not have been the key to success for us. He should have been allowed the whole match off but we had Bono marshalling a second best back line and it is what it is.

Also if Bob played Oso for 60 or so and Oso re-tweaked his injury then the same people saying he should have started would say Bob should be fired for risking Oso on short rest for a meaningless match against a team below us (technically) in the standings. So I know how this works; team is shit, manager is shit, everything is shit. Got it. Your point is made again......and again.... and again.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 06-30-2022 at 03:43 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How/why Bradley was ever hired is beyond me. He tactically is clueless and is so biased with his son who has no business starting and playing 90 mins a game no matter what. His pathetic shot late was the icing on the cake, Bradley is done.

Nothing we can do now...Manning made this mess, 3rd year out of 4 likely to miss the playoffs despite the highest payroll in the league. If we don't qualify this year with Insgine, Manning has to be fired, he has made a mess of everything he has touched despite huge financial backing. Not sure why MLSE puts up with him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How/why Bradley was ever hired is beyond me. He tactically is clueless and is so biased with his son who has no business starting and playing 90 mins a game no matter what. His pathetic shot late was the icing on the cake, Bradley is done.

Nothing we can do now...Manning made this mess, 3rd year out of 4 likely to miss the playoffs despite the highest payroll in the league. If we don't qualify this year with Insgine, Manning has to be fired, he has made a mess of everything he has touched despite huge financial backing. Not sure why MLSE puts up with him.
    bradley has been one of our best players, and bob bradley is a great coach. the team is starting to play with a real identity and are about to be injected with half a team full of superstar/ senior players.

things are looking up and trending in the right direction, this senseless negativity is crazy.

and if we dont make the playoffs it will be 2/4 years, not 3/4.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8th highest payroll at the moment. Obviously it will be #1 in another week but you're judging the team based on Feb to now and that's where we are.

I don't think we have to make the playoffs this season as it is year one of the clean up but next year will count for or against him in a lot of ways from success on the pitch to in the stands.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wingbacks explained many times? Huh...no explanation is good enough. Our wingbacks are not MLS players...yet we force kids that aren't even defenders there...we have nothing going forward with them and give up garbage goals over and over again as they can't defend. What was Petrasso doing on the goals last night? He offered zero going forward. Same with the right back who Bradley thinks is turning into Alexander Arnold or something....

We've been told from day one we are here to compete by Manning....not potentially miss the playoffs for the third time in 4 years. Or barely sneak in and go out meekly like we did 2 years back. Our payroll is too high to be scraping into the playoffs. Other teams also are strengtening. Columbus is dog s.hit and they beat us with a depleted roster in our house...and they are getting some reinforcements....we aren't the only team making moves. We have zero wiggle room. Imagine Insigne goes down or Poz or Jimenez? We'd be done instantly. We have no goal scorers other than them and no creative players othere than Os....

I hope it turns out well but this has been a disaster so far this year and last year.

Agreed on Westburgh...if he goes down we are in big trouble...but then again, Bradley loves Bono and plays him so much...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    bradley has been one of our best players, and bob bradley is a great coach. the team is starting to play with a real identity and are about to be injected with half a team full of superstar/ senior players.

things are looking up and trending in the right direction, this senseless negativity is crazy.

and if we dont make the playoffs it will be 2/4 years, not 3/4.
    Other teams are getting players too. I am a realist...if we play well, I am will give credit where credit is due...and I love watching Poz play....and cant wait for Insigne to come, he'll be exciting to watch no doubt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

8th highest payroll at the moment. Obviously it will be #1 in another week but you're judging the team based on Feb to now and that's where we are.

I don't think we have to make the playoffs this season as it is year one of the clean up but next year will count for or against him in a lot of ways from success on the pitch to in the stands.
    So if we miss the playoffs this year, you will give Manning a pass? When would you say enough is enough and he needs to go?

I never heard once Manning say this was a rebuilding year and we can miss the playoffs. Its completely unacceptable. He was the one that brough his clueless buddy Curtis here...he brought the other coach (forgot his name he was so bad)...all Red Bulls rejects...and it was a disaster. Manning has to be accountable for the mess he created.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wingbacks explained many times? Huh...no explanation is good enough.
    The explanation is that it's easier to get players in the summer window than the winter one first and foremost. Also if we could bleed in youth at spots like this then it would seriously help our cap situation going forward for many years. Or we could have brought in some journeyman MLSers and paid them $300K for a few years and been possibly better but not guaranteed.

I have no defense for Bradley using Bono so much unless they thought showcasing him early could maybe get him sold in the summer. There really is no other excuse.