0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC123ABC View Post
    I'm in 207 as well. See you there!
    Is there a bus going down?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In all the years I have been watching MLS . I have seen players like Donavan, Beckham , Dempsey get the calls yet I am seeing Gio and Altidore get Hacked and nothing gets called . Starting to piss me off . Like I aid in my prevouis post Hopefully Vanney uses this as motivation for his team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The other way to set up against Columbus is to attack their weaknesses, instead of defending against their strengths. So attack the defence:

Ricketts
    Edwards - Vasquez - Bradley - Osorio- Delgado - Hasler
    Hagglund - Moor - Zavaleta

or

Ricketts
    Edwards - Vasquez - Bradley - Hasler
    Morrow - Mavinga - Moor - Zavaleta - Beitashour

risky, but the pace of Edwards and Ricketts with the crossing of Hasler and Vasquez would be awesome

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GuelphStorm2007 View Post
    In all the years I have been watching MLS . I have seen players like Donavan, Beckham , Dempsey get the calls yet I am seeing Gio and Altidore get Hacked and nothing gets called . Starting to piss me off . Like I aid in my prevouis post Hopefully Vanney uses this as motivation for his team
    Well for Giovinco you have the Italian stigma attached to him, and for Altidore its the issue that he is such a physical beast that makes ref weary of giving him calls which is bullshit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Only 12 or 13 seats left in 207 now. Hop on board while you can, the Red Army is coming!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just bought 5 in section 207. Buddy of mine is going with 6 more. So TFC fans should have 4 sections to ourselves.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Unfortunately I've seen this alot during my time as a competitive player and as a recreational player. Whenever I try to "man up" and stay on my feet eventhough I am being fouled, I never get the call. But as soon as I fall I get the call.

It's a double edge sword but I understand why the players do it. I blame it on the refs who aren't consistent and don't call the foul in the first place.
    The same point was raised during last years Conference finals in the 2nd leg. I think it was Cooper was running for a ball in the box, Bush came out and initiated contact but because Cooper stayed on his feet and tried to finish the chance it was ruled no penalty. Even the commentators (the American ones not Wileman and Caldwell) said it should have been a penalty regardless whether the player goes down or not. A foul is a foul. The lack of consistency by all officials is very annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    I wonder if FIFA would benefit from the 2-referee system like the NHL. In regards to the lack of consistency fouls, I think many of them also occur because of perspective of the referee. If the referee is behind the play, he doesn't even see a push to the back because the person who is pushing is in the way, but a second ref on the other side would see it. I get this a linesman job as well, but linesmen have their own half plus have to stick with the last defender. A push to the back near the sideline with the ref behind the play and the lineman all the way at the other end goes unnoticed simply because there is no one to see it and the ref has to make a guess: foul or dive based on no visible evidence
    I would like to see them at least trial this. It was mentioned somewhere else on this forum (I cannot recall which post or who brought it up) but you would have 1 official responsible for each half. That way both teams each have both officials in their respective attacking and defending ends. Why with how the game has evolved, they would want to put that much responsibility on 3 officials is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Looking ahead rather than behind, I think we will see Varney employ tactics than nullify the strengths of Columbus, in the same way he employed tactics against NYRB that nullified their strengths (ie pressing, so we gave them the ball up field and pressed them). Columbus relies on Higuain, so disrupting the middle will be important. I wouldn't be surprised if we see a 4-5-1. Osorio will almost certainly start. And in that 4-5-1 look for some width and pace, either hasler or edwards. Personally, I love cheyrou but I'd be very surprised if he starts over Osorio given the way Oso is playing and how Vanney has been using him.
    If we can weather the first 15 minutes, I think we are looking good for a result there.
    I am with you there. We MUST get out of the first 15 minutes. They will be coming out swinging I believe. We need to weather the storm and pick our spots. If we can get an early goal to suck the crowd out of it even better. If we he 15-20 minutes still tied or ahead, we will be coming home with a very positive result.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bought 3 in 207. It's Niagara boys making all that noise!!! Does anyone know if we have to register banners with the Crew to put them up? Also, where is everyone meeting up pre-match?
    Last edited by UpTheReds; 11-10-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by UpTheReds View Post
    Bought 3 in 207. It's Niagara boys making all that noise!!! Does anyone know if we have to register banners with the Crew to put them up? Also, where is everyone meeting up pre-match?
    For anyone staying downtown the Three Legged Mare is a good option for a pre-match meetup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Well for Giovinco you have the Italian stigma attached to him, and for Altidore its the issue that he is such a physical beast that makes ref weary of giving him calls which is bullshit.
    Lets see if Ricketts gets the calls, he is big boy too

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Just curious - How much were tickets for the CBus game?
    Just trying to compare it to our ticket prices

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    I'm sorry this is bullshit.... All players dive this narrative that only Italians dive is incredibly biased and BS. American players dive, English players dive, Spanish players dive, Central and South Americans players dive etc...

At the end of the day the ref has to call the games by rules if they can't because of inherent biases or just plain incompetence they should not be there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    45$ US all in

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    away section is $40 US each plus service charges, 2 tickets cost me with service charges from ticket master and conversion $119 Canadian

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I'd like to see a "War of 1812 2017" banner posted at BMO next game.
    Quote Originally Posted by JT Red127 View Post
    Why? I don't think that makes much sense.
    Hmm, the 1812 was supposed to have a strike-through when I pasted it in. I guess the board doesn't support that font?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Has anyone here booked with TFC on the road before? Was looking into booking with them for transportation but just wanted to make sure they were okay

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Hmm, the 1812 was supposed to have a strike-through when I pasted it in. I guess the board doesn't support that font?
    good idea, but the last thing Id want is a discussion over war history with the Mericans. you usually end up discussing some hollywood version of it

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well that and our side lost the battle of Lake Erie....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Well that and our side lost the battle of Lake Erie....
    Ya if we were playing say Detroit or even DC a war of 1812 reference might be right.. but for Columbus? not really.

Toronto's participation in the war of course was basically... getting blown up. Not really something one should want to brag about.. particularly when the stadium is very near the landing point the Americans used at the Battle of Fort York. (just a few hundred meters off shore)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    I'm sorry this is bullshit.... All players dive this narrative that only Italians dive is incredibly biased and BS. American players dive, English players dive, Spanish players dive, Central and South Americans players dive etc...

At the end of the day the ref has to call the games by rules if they can't because of inherent biases or just plain incompetence they should not be there.
    I don't disagree, just saying that the stigma exists.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^ I wasn't thinking of referencing specifically Columbus in such a banner, I was just thinking about the comment trane made about it being TFC against the rest of the league and how they don't want us to succeed because they really don't want to come here to freeze their nuts off in December again. Remember the angst in the media south of the border when the Jays brought the World Series trophy out of the US for the first time? I want to see that again...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Speaking of nut freezes, prepare accordingly for C-bus. Cold but dry. "Shirts off for the TFC!" may become "First 3 layers off for the TFC!"
    "

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Speaking of nut freezes, prepare accordingly for C-bus. Cold but dry. "Shirts off for the TFC!" may become "First 3 layers off for the TFC!"
    "
    This makes no sense. Cold and dry is way more comfortable than cold and humid.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just booked the hotel! Reds on tour!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Check out this blatant foul on Giovinco from past NYRB game - courtesy of Waking the Red blog site.

The push occurs right in front of Chris Penso and he doesnt even make a call. The numerous dirty fouls on Seba probably led to him blowing a gasket later on. Altidore also was nearby and witnessed this foul. So when Giovinco fouled Tyler Adams later in the game and Adams secretly tried to kick back at Giovinco as they were falling - Altidore went nuts on Adams. Kinda puts things into a bit of perspective from that emotional day.

https://streamable.com/gj5wm - Direct video

https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto...s-mls-playoffs - article
    Last edited by DinamoTFC; 11-13-2017 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What the hell is taking DisCo so long? Are they purposely dragging this out or something?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Check out this blatant foul on Giovinco from past NYRB game - courtesy of Waking the Red blog site.

The push occurs right in front of Chris Penso and he doesnt even make a call. The numerous dirty fouls on Seba probably led to him blowing a gasket later on. Altidore also was nearby and witnessed this foul. So when Giovinco fouled Tyler Adams later in the game and Adams secretly tried to kick back at Giovinco as they were falling - Altidore went nuts on Adams. Kinda puts things into a bit of perspective from that emotional day.

https://streamable.com/gj5wm - Direct video

https://www.wakingthered.com/toronto...s-mls-playoffs - article
    Yeah that Adams push was just so weird and completely uncalled for

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I just realized this games still more than a week away. Great way for MLS to kill any excitement.