Page 186 of 191 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190 ... LastLast
Results 5,551 to 5,580 of 5725
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You'd think a brewery deal with a Belgian owned firm would include a decent Belgian beer.

So, Altidore tomorrow or Poz or both?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    You'd think a brewery deal with a Belgian owned firm would include a decent Belgian beer.

So, Altidore tomorrow or Poz or both?
    If I am them I wait until next week. If we get blasted Saturday it'll take the buzz off fast.

Also I expect them to extend Bradley as part of this, and wrap the whole thing in a bow. I think if offered 1.5M per he stays.

Unlike Altidore, I don’t see him playing for a US team ever.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wouldn't be surprised if Bradley took a TAM deal either this season or next.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If I am them I wait until next week. If we get blasted Saturday it'll take the buzz off fast.

Also I expect them to extend Bradley as part of this, and wrap the whole thing in a bow. I think if offered 1.5M per he stays.

I’d expect that Bradley signs a 3 year extension on his remaining year. 2 more years as a DP...1 as a TAM.takes him through to 2022..and that we support him getting his Coaching badges. He goes on to replace Vanney as Manager when it is time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BakaGaijin View Post
    Nah dawg. Most trappist beers are great and Rochefort 10 is amazing....but trappist breweries can't beat Cantillon and 3 Fonteinen.
    Westvleteren 12

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    I’d expect that Bradley signs a 3 year extension on his remaining year. 2 more years as a DP...1 as a TAM.takes him through to 2022..and that we support him getting his Coaching badges. He goes on to replace Vanney as Manager when it is time.
    Except there are serious doubts there will be a 3rd DP slot in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Except there are serious doubts there will be a 3rd DP slot in 2020.
    That would be going backwards. Add more DP spots or get rid of the cap. I'd be ok with a soft cap like the NBA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think they offer Bradley more than that. He has been a fantastic club man and can still play. Plus he can educate the next generation and help embed a club ethos about commitment and excellence that goes beyond Bez (clearly) Vanney or Manning’s tenure. I hope they do it now and we can move forward with some confidence this year.

Bradley’s comment that there were personal agendas last year really stuck with me. I think he meant Seba, not just VdW.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 02-28-2019 at 10:51 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    Next!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Press conference today at 1 according to the Sun, to announce Altidore extension. No Bow.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    That would be going backwards. Add more DP spots or get rid of the cap. I'd be ok with a soft cap like the NBA.
    The plan is to add to the cap significantly while adding more TAM. In practice, we were/are one of the few teams with 3 DP's without 1 that could be brought down below the cap threshold with enough TAM. Every team but 1 last year used TAM to bring a salary down below the cap.

The league, & I would say likely the players union too, would prefer more teams like NYC with a couple of big payouts and lots of guys just slightly above average then 3 big salaries and holding everybody else down.

Our approach is really only been done by us & LAG & NYC for a couple of years until they ditched Pirlo & Lampard - its a product of Tim L more then anything else.

All this has to be taken into account now when deciding on long term contracts.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The markets for strikers and central defending midfielders are totally different. Night and day. What’s fair for Jozy and Michael are two different things.

Ola Kamara, a decent MLS striker, but one that has done zip in the clutch (swing and a miss late in the 2017 conference final) and prior to arriving here fizzled out in the Austrian league, just got $3M a year.

Bradley was always the most wildly overpaid, even when he arrived. Elite guys like Diego Chara make in the area of half a million. Dax McCarty makes $700K, and he's probably the best DM in MLS.

I really don’t know what Bradley's bid away is. His personal brand is uniquely toxic in US right now.

Bradley on more than $750K would be overpaid. I am happy to do it, but no way they can pay him more than $1.5M

More than anything, I hope they are doing whatever they are doing now. Treat him with respect, give him your best offer now. He deserves that and has earned that.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-28-2019 at 09:44 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The markets for strikers and central defending midfielders are totally different. Night and day. What’s fair for Jozy and Michael are two different things.

Ola Kamara, a decent MLS striker, but one that has done zip in the clutch (swing and a miss late in the 2017 conference final) and prior to arriving here fizzled out in the Austrian league, just got $3M a year.

Bradley was always the most wildly overpaid, even when he arrived. Elite guys like Diego Chara make in the area of half a million. Dax McCarty makes $700K, and he's probably the best DM in MLS.

I really don’t know what Bradley's bid away is. His personal brand is uniquely toxic in US right now.

Bradley on more than $750K would be overpaid. I am happy to do it, but no way they can pay him more than $1.5M

More than anything, I hope they are doing whatever they are doing now. Treat him with respect, give him your best offer now. He deserves that and has earned that.
    Well said. I think Bradley should be less than a million, but I would not be pissed if we could afford to pay him more. Just not DP money in the next year's if his career.

As for what the league will do about DP spots in the future, I would think the best thing to do is eliminate them. Eliminate that TAM threshold as well, and allow teams to have as many max plus players as they can pay for with their AM. I would support a luxury taxed system of buying TAM. Say 5 million dollar lots of TAM on sale for 6 million. The extra million goes to the teams with the lowest salary that do not buy extra lots of TAM. I would also eliminate the restrictions on what you can do with purchased TAM such as trade it. If the players want to see domestic salaries rise, they have to allow intraleague trades to become larger.
    For example if TFC wants Richie Gannon we are limited in the amount of AM we can throw at Dallas. If we can buy lots of AM and trade it we could pay multiple millions for an intraleague trade. Since Reggie is one of the only young American RB's who looks to be top MLS level out there he has increased value to American teams. Domestics are always overvalued in their home leagues. this is why Jozy is so valuable, and why Larin is also a highly valuable commodity. Domestic strikers are right now at a premium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    I’m okay with this. Nothing terribly inspiring here (although not that different from Menedez in entirety).

We would look at Yamil Asad if available.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nico Gaitan to Chicago as a TAM player, per the Athletic

Can we get involved? That would be a great player here

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree on signing Bradley. He is Mr.Iron man, Mr. Clean and The General.

He should retire as a red.

Oh he is also Lex Luthor as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So is the Pozuelo signing official? Moreover, the sooner they sign a few more players the better, the way the playoffs are structured now where you really need to make at least the top four in the standings to have a chance, just making the last playoff spot is like not making it at all with no home games right up until the final,moreover, same amount of regular season games in less time . Sign some bloody players already get them settled in , less room for errors the way the regular season and playoffs are structured this season.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    You know that pushing Pozuelo up into the 10, and having Osorio play the eight and you just made the exact same lineup. The 4-2-3-1 is just a variation of the 4-3-3 as is the 4-1-4-1 you suggested. Different ways to talk about the basic responsibilities of the players at the start of the game.

I would like to see us play a 4-2-3-1 with poz in the 10 and Oso a defensive 8 beside Bradley in the 6. In attack I would like to see a 4-1-4-1 with Oso moving up to join Poz in the centre of the pitch, as a late arriving attacker giving overloads and creating space for Poz to work in.

As for players I think that I would prefer one TAM winger and a TAM right back rather than two TAM wingers. I think that adding one TAM winger will hopefully give us enough optionsI. The attack with endoh DeLeon Akinola and Telfer just needs a bit of time and a dynamic option to lessen the responsibility on the others. Our defense needs help. And a proper good defender beside Ciman should help to shore things up.
    Ya - but when you sais 4-3-3 and listed the players as such I just assume that is exactly what they mean as there are multiple versions of 4-3-3
    What I listed was a variation, but not what i would call a 4-3-3 - anyways I digress.

I'm hesitant on the idea of 4-2-3-1 because I don't know how Oso would do with more defensive responsibilities. I feel like we saw the best of him when he was moved higher up the pitch and relied upon to track back. And TBH after seeing our lack of creativity the past two games, I feel like having him up the pitch would be more beneficial.

The thing I like about the 4-1-4-1 is that your wingers are the ones bombing up and down the flanks to help with the attack or help with the defensive responsibilities. We saw a bit of that with DeLeon / Auro - where DeLeon would come back to support and Auro would then move forward. As someone who played alot of RWB i my day, this is an excellent tactic to catch defenders off guard and it helps both players manage their energy a bit better. it's like a track and field relay race on the wings lol
    Last edited by jabbronies; 02-28-2019 at 11:59 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    Ya - but when you sais 4-3-3 and listed the players as such I just assume that is exactly what they mean as there are multiple versions of 4-3-3
    What I listed was a variation, but not what i would call a 4-3-3 - anyways I digress.

I'm hesitant on the idea of 4-2-3-1 because I don't know how Oso would do with more defensive responsibilities. I feel like we saw the best of him when he was moved higher up the pitch and relied upon to track back. And TBH after seeing our lack of creativity the past two games, I feel like having him up the pitch would be more beneficial.

The thing I like about the 4-1-3-1 is that your wingers are the ones bombing up and down the flanks to help with the attack or help with the defensive responsibilities. We saw a bit of that with DeLeon / Auro - where DeLeon would come back to support and Auro would then move forward. As someone who played alot of RWB i my day, this is an excellent tactic to catch defenders off guard and it helps both players manage their energy a bit better.
    I’d rather have ten outfield players. 4-1-3-1 leaves us short.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I had his true value to be pegged at $1.5m - $2.0m

You give the guy $1.5 and it's fair.
    You give him $2.0 because you are generous and it becomes more of a gesture to say thanks to the captain.

To be honest, doesn't really matter if we went to $2.0m as long as it doesn't hamstring us 500K on the other 2 DPs....which I don't think it does.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    I’d rather have ten outfield players. 4-1-3-1 leaves us short.
    hhaha opps. Updated

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

.. I feel like we saw the best of him when he was moved higher up the pitch and relied upon to track back... And TBH after seeing our lack of creativity the past two games, I feel like having him up the pitch would be more beneficial.
    I do feel that you just expressed exactly how I understand an 8 playing in the 4-2-3-1, not having Oso play as a true 6 in a double pivot, but relying on him to be the link between Bradley and Pozuelo. Tracking back to defend with Bradley, being the outlet when Bradley needs to move the ball forward. Providing connection between the 6 and the 10. Then as we move into the later stages of an attack having Oso join in as a late arriving attacking player. To occupy space, drawing attention away from Poz, providing another creative outlet to when Poz has nowhere to go. Thus a 4-2-3-1 in defense that morphs into a 4-1-4-1 in attack. When defending really deep the shape can change to a 4-4-1-1 with the wingers contributing defensively while Poz remains a bit further up field to help us on the break.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had his true value to be pegged at $1.5m - $2.0m

You give the guy $1.5 and it's fair.
    You give him $2.0 because you are generous and it becomes more of a gesture to say thanks to the captain.

To be honest, doesn't really matter if we went to $2.0m as long as it doesn't hamstring us 500K on the other 2 DPs....which I don't think it does.
    It matters a great deal. Bradley cannot get a single penny over 1.5. I believe salaries below 1.5 can be bought down with TAM. You can leave him DP but you need a number you can buy down just in case. No way they screw themselves just to say “thanks”.

Note - I actually think Bradley would know this and would not want that little bit extra if it meant the team was weaker. He’s not poor or greedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe loan Osorio to that Columbia’s team that wanted him, he doesn’t fit a 4-3-3 or a 4-2-3-1. TFC needs two defensive mids, you cant get away with Osorio and Bradley as the two mids that will defend especially with Ciman at CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OFFICIAL:

Toronto FC announced today that forward Jozy Altidore has signed a three-year contract extension keeping him with Toronto FC through the 2022 season. Altidore will remain a Designated Player.
    https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2019/0...ion-toronto-fc

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think he fits in just fine. In 2017 most of the work he was doing was as a 2-way shuttler in the midfield.

His job going forward will be half offensive / half defensive. He won’t be the play maker but will be counted on to make late runs into the box (which is how he got most of his goals last year).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Moving Oso is not going to happen.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    I do feel that you just expressed exactly how I understand an 8 playing in the 4-2-3-1, not having Oso play as a true 6 in a double pivot, but relying on him to be the link between Bradley and Pozuelo. Tracking back to defend with Bradley, being the outlet when Bradley needs to move the ball forward. Providing connection between the 6 and the 10. Then as we move into the later stages of an attack having Oso join in as a late arriving attacking player. To occupy space, drawing attention away from Poz, providing another creative outlet to when Poz has nowhere to go. Thus a 4-2-3-1 in defense that morphs into a 4-1-4-1 in attack. When defending really deep the shape can change to a 4-4-1-1 with the wingers contributing defensively while Poz remains a bit further up field to help us on the break.
    Yup...we are saying the same thing. easier to talk about this in the pub lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Vanney said it

Jozy is the focal point around which the attack will be focused.

Just like everything in the last 4 seasons was wrapped around Seba - now its around Jozy.