Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    LOLOL, I do appreciate a good laugh. If you really believe no one has improved in the east...I can't help you there...you can live in your own ignorance.
    You better hope everyone can stay healthy. Not sure if you realize just how big of a loss Michael (the glue) Bradley is.
    Ciman...that was a good one.
    Still need a LB, striker, winger and probably a quality utility player imo.
    Ignorance, huh?

Who got added in the east? Nagbe in Columbus, Gressel in DCU. Know where those players came from? THE EAST. (Columbus lost Accam,whom I would take over Nagbe btw)

Other than that, you want to make the case that some CB on loan from Palmeiras has changed everything for Orlando, or this Dutch LB from Vitesse has made NE scary, or Tabla's return means Montreal is awesome (even though it seems they are losing Piatti), be my guest, sensei.

Atlanta blowing it up is the only meaningful change in the east.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Actually, I think Atlanta signed someone yesterday.... maybe i am wrong.

edit - https://www.atlutd.com/post/2020/02/...theus-rossetto
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 02-04-2020 at 09:11 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Actually, I think Atlanta signed someone yesterday.... maybe i am wrong.

edit - https://www.atlutd.com/post/2020/02/...theus-rossetto
    Looks like a nice TAM player.

They still lost 4 major players.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ignorance, huh?

Who got added in the east? Nagbe in Columbus, Gressel in DCU. Know where those players came from? THE EAST. (Columbus lost Accam,whom I would take over Nagbe btw)

Other than that, you want to make the case that some CB on loan from Palmeiras has changed everything for Orlando, or this Dutch LB from Vitesse has made NE scary, or Tabla's return means Montreal is awesome (even though it seems they are losing Piatti), be my guest, sensei.

Yes now I would say ignorance. Clearly you have not seen what has been happening. You may want to take a good look at each roster. for example, CLB had added 4 significant players...LOL. DCU got another DP from Peru plus Gressel. NE has another DP, Chicago added DP, Miami is looking really good. Even Cincy added 2 DP's. If you wanna fight me on any of this, at least get your facts better and also not assume that those teams wasted their time and got nothing but at bunch of Aketxe's in their acquisitions. Guess what, they want to win too.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes now I would say ignorance. Clearly you have not seen what has been happening. ....
    Just a reminder that the discussion point here was about Toronto being 7th in the conference.

&

We are talking about subjective views of rosters prior to the season.

Nothing we have seen moves the needle of a team more then what we have seen in the past. It always comes down to how teams put it together. And it is VERY rare to see every single signing work out for 1 team, let alone every team in a conference.
    There will be regressions by expected starters and progressions by others. There are just way too many variables to say Toronto is going to be lucky to be more then 7th in the East.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes now I would say ignorance. Clearly you have not seen what has been happening. You may want to take a good look at each roster. for example, CLB had added 4 significant players...LOL. DCU got another DP from Peru plus Gressel. NE has another DP, Chicago added DP, Miami is looking really good. Even Cincy added 2 DP's. If you wanna fight me on any of this, at least get your facts better and also not assume that those teams wasted their time and got nothing but at bunch of Aketxe's in their acquisitions. Guess what, they want to win too.
    Jesus what a post. What is your problem? You love all these signings, fine. I think almost all of them are marginal and don’t do justice to what significant means. I am sure one or two of them will turn out fine.

But give me a break with these insults for someone who doesn’t sign up for your overwrought POV
    Last edited by ensco; 02-04-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jesus what a post. What is your problem? You love all these signings, fine. I think almost all of them are marginal and don’t do justice to what significant means. I am sure one or two of them will turn out fine.

But give me a break with these insults for someone who doesn’t sign up for your overwrought POV

Tell you what, we'll just agree to disagree, sound fair to you? Etienne Jr. going to CLB for their 5th signing...I will just say they suck more than they did last year.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tell you what, we'll just agree to disagree, sound fair to you? Etienne Jr. going to CLB for their 5th signing...I will just say they suck more than they did last year.
    Etienne Jr couldn't find a space at Cinci last year and NYRB wasn't sure what to do with him. Might fit Porter ball better but their bigger ad is Adi who is notorious for being a good spring player who tails off in July - and I have no idea how Adi & Zardes are going to play together.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I have no idea how Adi & Zardes are going to play together.
    It looks like Bez has no plan or else no money to go out and get what they need. It's just getting whatever they can at this point.

Also it looks like Hamilton is to be forever buried or waived because there isn't much room behind Zardes & Adi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Etienne Jr couldn't find a space at Cinci last year and NYRB wasn't sure what to do with him. Might fit Porter ball better but their bigger ad is Adi who is notorious for being a good spring player who tails off in July - and I have no idea how Adi & Zardes are going to play together.
    What about Zelarayan from Tigres? I liked that signing a lot. Wormgoor too.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to see how they gel with Porter-ball and also how they adjust to life in a world class city like Columbus.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're right about Columbus. I think they've done real well and Porter's second year likely bump has them favored in the east in my book. but that's it. The only team in the east that looks better. Chicago got a DP alright but gave up 2 or 3 and Dax. Currently they have like 17 guys on the roster 2 bulldogs and a Pitbull and I don't mean character-wise. I mean the last three are like real dogs

I hope the front office makes a good move in good time. I like our team this year. Canadian homegrown roster spots got younger with more upside. They've all had a real off-season. Good to go
    Last edited by djking2; 02-04-2020 at 07:18 PM.