Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Regualr Season Phase 2 Game 5 - TFC @ NER Wed Oct 7 7:30pm - Got to Get In to Get Out

Have at it People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would expect Tony Gallacher getting the start, giving Justin some time to mend, guess we will have to see how serious it is.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I would expect Tony Gallacher getting the start, giving Justin some time to mend, guess we will have to see how serious it is.
    What I don’t get about the Morrow situation is that Vanney said post game that Morrow had tightness in the warmup and he decided to see how long he could go into the game before subbing. I don’t get that. Why risk burning an early sub when they could have started a healthy backup and kept all 3 subs for later in the game. We ended up using two subs for the Morrow calf and the Altidore hammy. That only left us with one tactical sub opportunity.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    What I don’t get about the Morrow situation is that Vanney said post game that Morrow had tightness in the warmup and he decided to see how long he could go into the game before subbing. I don’t get that. Why risk burning an early sub when they could have started a healthy backup and kept all 3 subs for later in the game. We ended up using two subs for the Morrow calf and the Altidore hammy. That only left us with one tactical sub opportunity.
    Pure spec here:

They thought it was muscle tightness for Morrow, not a strain. BUT, Gallacher may not be able to go 180 minutes within 100 hours.

They might have been trying to get it to go like this for Gallacher

Saturday - 45 minutes
    Wed - 70 minutes, subbed out for Morrow
    Sunday - 60 minutes, subbed out for Auro coming back or Morrow

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe teams are allowed to use 5 subs now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuckistan View Post
    I believe teams are allowed to use 5 subs now.
    Yeah I know but the 5 is for the total amount of players you are allowed to sub. The total of 5 players can only be subbed during 3 substitutions during the game play so there is still only the 3 substitution opportunities which is my point I was trying to make. Obviously we want those to be tactical subs and not due to injuries. If Vanney knew he would likely have to make an injury sub for Morrow at some point why risk it or causing a more long term injury with Morrow but I guess it comes down to what Og said if Gallacher was not at full game fitness levels yet. I will leave it to Vanney that he is making the right call as he is in the know but his comments were puzzling to me just based on them alone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given our recent form, normally I'd predict a win here, but it's Gillette Stadium ... I'm thinking a 1-1 draw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    Given our recent form, normally I'd predict a win here, but it's Gillette Stadium ... I'm thinking a 1-1 draw.
    I will just take us getting out of there in one piece with no injuries on that garbage pitch

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I will just take us getting out of there in one piece with no injuries on that garbage pitch
    Yeah Vanney may limit the involvement of some of the guys due to it as well as giving some rest/rotation to the squad. I am pretty sure they said on a recent broadcast that Mavinga has a lingering issue that can be aggravated by turf so we may see Ciman.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Given our recent string of results and fixture congestion, I'm more than fine with some squad rotation for this game tomorrow evening.

We might win, lose or draw. Who knows. Just want to see a solid effort regardless the starting 11.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Agreed. Squad rotation here is a must with games being scheduled every 4 days or so.

I would be concerned if we don’t see it at some stage. We’ll burn players out and make them more injury prone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any word on Altidore? I saw that apparently Bradley and Auro travelled with the team out of Canada earlier this week. Appearances from either?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Graeme View Post
    Any word on Altidore? I saw that apparently Bradley and Auro travelled with the team out of Canada earlier this week. Appearances from either?
    Definitely not the surface to have your first action back after injury. I wouldn't even use Piatti.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kloke has that MB is closer to coming back but not yet. Auro is available for Wednesday. Morrow out a couple weeks. Jozy has a hamstring straight, but no timeline on recovery provided.

Time for Tony to put in a big performance on the left.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    Kloke has that MB is closer to coming back but not yet. Auro is available for Wednesday. Morrow out a couple weeks. Jozy has a hamstring straight, but no timeline on recovery provided.

Time for Tony to put in a big performance on the left.
    Thanks!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming Auro subs for Laryea to get him some fitness later in the game and keep Gallacher on the left for the full game since Tony says his match fitness is good in today's interview. I don't think they will start Auro right away for his first game back being available although I suppose they could move Laryea to the left and sub in Tony later in the match moving Laryea back to the right. I think sub is a better situation for Auro though. Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Definitely not the surface to have your first action back after injury. I wouldn't even use Piatti.
    Gallardo Sighting. Shaff on the bench

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Assuming Auro subs for Laryea to get him some fitness later in the game and keep Gallacher on the left for the full game since Tony says his match fitness is good in today's interview. I don't think they will start Auro right away for his first game back being available although I suppose they could move Laryea to the left and sub in Tony later in the match moving Laryea back to the right. I think sub is a better situation for Auro though. Thoughts?
    Auro has lost his position for now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't kill me but I think we lose this 2-1 because that's what history does to us. When we're on a high we always lose a crappy one and none more than in Gillette stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't care if we lose this game so long as we don't lose any player to the turf. I still remember losing Koevermanns.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Game before presser with Vanney

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/1...?autoplay=true

Injuries

"Jozy has a hamstring strain - not sure the extent cause haven't seen the images yet"
    "Justin has a mild calf strain"
    "I think everybody else is OK"

Other stuff

"No I don't notice the goal song during games - kinda like watching TV where I don't hear my wife"

NER

"Tough team to play. Use their athleticism. Everything you do has to be faster & more purposeful"

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would think it will be a game day bus ride for them tomorrow, it is about 100 miles from Hartford to Foxborough, MA.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Game before presser with Vanney

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2020/1...?autoplay=true

Injuries

"Jozy has a hamstring strain - not sure the extent cause haven't seen the images yet"
    "Justin has a mild calf strain"
    "I think everybody else is OK"

Other stuff

"No I don't notice the goal song during games - kinda like watching TV where I don't hear my wife"

NER

"Tough team to play. Use their athleticism. Everything you do has to be faster & more purposeful"

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    Since there are no fans in the stadium why do they even have to play on that turf field? Couldn't they just play at some local college stadium that has natural grass?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would cost them more money to set up in a new environment.

That and NER considers their cruddy pitch a part of home field advantage - regardless of the manager, they build their teams around endurance & quick passing. Their plan, always, is to take advantage of mistakes teams make playing on that carpet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    That and NER considers their cruddy pitch a part of home field advantage - regardless of the manager, they build their teams around endurance & quick passing. Their plan, always, is to take advantage of mistakes teams make playing on that carpet.
    Agreed. This is it for sure. They want visiting teams uncomfortable to give them an advantage just like NYCFC use their mini field to their advantage. It is the same when we used to have our crappy plastic surface at BMO. Teams didn't like playing on turf when they came to BMO so they had to change their lineup or strategy so it was kind of like our advantage at the time and to be honest TFC were not great and kind of needed it. Unfortunately TFC have to play the next two games on turf because Cincy play on turf too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is pressure from the NFLPA to have all stadiums be natural grass fields to reduce injury risk. The turf in NE might only be a thing for another year or two.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting to see who makes the starting 11. Normally this match would be an obvious candidate to rest some starters but with Cincy coming up maybe not as much as normal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PaceyWinger View Post
    It will be interesting to see who makes the starting 11. Normally this match would be an obvious candidate to rest some starters but with Cincy coming up maybe not as much as normal.
    Agreed. But some need to rest. All teams are losing starters to muscle injuries. Piatti for example is a good candidate for a rest. I'd even rest Poz if MB is back, of give him less minutes and tie to Fraser and Deleon, who are both competent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Agreed. But some need to rest. All teams are losing starters to muscle injuries. Piatti for example is a good candidate for a rest. I'd even rest Poz if MB is back, of give him less minutes and tie to Fraser and Deleon, who are both competent.
    Poz, Piatti, Mavinga, all need to sit - why take the chance?

i also think it's a stain on the league that this has to be even considered - it's outrageous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sitting Poz and Piatti to start sounds good. I seriously doubt Vanney would be able to resist bringing them on in a tight game though.