Page 48 of 86 FirstFirst ... 3844454647484950515258 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 2556
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's wayyyyyy too many seats in the north patio. I doubt it could support that kind of weight. That graphic is junk.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Adamo23 View Post
    My problem with the retractible stands are that they can not hold all that weight. It's mostly a supports section and they always be jumping and standing. I remember at a TFC II game last year against Roma's academy they used that temporary stand (benches no seats) made of metal. Towards the end of the game Inebriatti who were the supports there broke the bench completely and were moved to another part of the stadium. These retractible stands have to be able to withstand 200 fans (first 7 rows) jumping.
    Again, they are not using retractable stands.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone go out to take some pictures recently?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by troy1982 View Post
    So...No puckheads feel cheated out of the ACTUAL first classic being Leafs/Habs? I wonder if they'll have to do 3 of these games all vs Detroit to equal the event at the Big House(?).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    That's wayyyyyy too many seats in the north patio. I doubt it could support that kind of weight. That graphic is junk.
    They will probably build a temp stand in the North end just for the game once the Grey Cup is completed (when the south end additional seats will be added).
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Your new BMO Field

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder when the Canadian bowling championship is slated for the Raptor Hardwood at the ACC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    So...No puckheads feel cheated out of the ACTUAL first classic being Leafs/Habs? I wonder if they'll have to do 3 of these games all vs Detroit to equal the event at the Big House(?).
    Ya, but I get why - They want that sweet sweet US Currency - that stuff is gold right now! .. although is Gold still a good price these days? Bah

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cas87 View Post
    They will probably build a temp stand in the North end just for the game once the Grey Cup is completed (when the south end additional seats will be added).
    looks like the are taking down the jumbotron for this to fit in all those seats

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    If it was possible I would say hang the scoreboard at Center field like at BC place, but it is likely impossible

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    I don't know if they will.

I forget which Grey Cup it was but I remember it was in a stadium that had an endzone scoreboard like BMO and the temp stands were built around it (in a U-shape for lack of a better description).

Possible idea for what they are doing for the Centennial and logistically would be similar to TFC game days (concourse open to the food building).

They may also just keep the North as the super expensive, race car seats and charge the gross domestic product of a small nation state in order to sit there.
    Toronto FC,#CMNT & #CWNT, Scotland, Heart of Midlothian FC, Tottenham Hotspur FC
    "The Harder the Struggle, The Greater the Reward" - @OsoJ92

AWAY DAYS - CHICAGO August 2017, MONTREAL March 2018

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess it all depends on how they build the retractable part of the north end structure.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Uh, people, they are not bringing down anything. Those are marketing concepts, not reality. Pay those pics no heed.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, would the rink really be that small in that space?
    Toronto 'til I die - but I think they're trying to kill me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it was possible I would say hang the scoreboard at Center field like at BC place, but it is likely impossible
    I assume they would bring in temporary screens probably put them by the four corners posts. its not that expensive on relative terms to rent them anymore. They would probably just take down the Led screens of the jumbotron (so they are not damaged when putting up the temporary bleachers) and build over the two big posts.

U shape is another solution which was brought up above.

I wonder if they can build over the food building

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't do that as it projects very annoying shadows onto the field. BC Place is horrible for that when the roof is open. It makes the game really difficult to watch on TV (in particular).
    Last edited by Blizzard; 03-10-2016 at 03:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Uh, people, they are not bringing down anything. Those are marketing concepts, not reality. Pay those pics no heed.
    Agreed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Correct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    I wouldn't do that as it projects very annoying shadows onto the field. BC Place is horrible for that when the roof is open. It makes the game really difficult to watch on TV (in particular).
    Even though most of the games are at night.. I feel that the flood lights will create a bigger shadow due to their strength

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Even though most of the games are at night.. I feel that the flood lights will create a bigger shadow due to their strength

The Power of the light will make darker more defined shadows to a point. Because the lights are coming from many spots the power of the light can actually weaken the blackness of the shadow while it still remaining crisp.

If you have 4 sets of Lights at each Corner the light is all coming from one spot spreading out in a cone shape. The players blocks that light and as there is no light spreading out from that direction in any other spot the shadow is strong and crisp. This creates the Cross shape shadows we often see.

If you have a Row of lights along the whole length of the field all of those lights will also be spreading out in a cone shape. If the lights are on both sides they should cancel out the shadows significantly. Leaving a weaker shadows as the lights are being cast and are spreading out from a much larger source that will move around the players more more easily than they would from a single source.

Think of it like a hose on Pavement. If you have on hose spreading water out, the pavement in front of you should stay dry. But if you have a row of Hoses are spraying water out lost of the water will hit the pavement in front of you leaving a short shadow.

Thus the shadows from the new lights should be much smaller shadows. That will look more like a faint outline getting dark closer to their feet as their bodies are blocking some lights and other lights are flooding around them. (I believe.. I could be wrong but I should be right)

A hung scoreboard hung lower than the roof would block more of the lights and cast odd shadows.. but height and size would play a big roll.. it is also just a weird thing to do. Day games would be horrible with it though.
    Last edited by Kaz; 03-10-2016 at 06:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    The Power of the light will make darker more defined shadows to a point. Because the lights are coming from many spots the power of the light can actually weaken the blackness of the shadow while it still remaining crisp.

If you have 4 sets of Lights at each Corner the light is all coming from one spot spreading out in a cone shape. The players blocks that light and as there is no light spreading out from that direction in any other spot the shadow is strong and crisp. This creates the Cross shape shadows we often see.

If you have a Row of lights along the whole length of the field all of those lights will also be spreading out in a cone shape. If the lights are on both sides they should cancel out the shadows significantly. Leaving a weaker shadows as the lights are being cast and are spreading out from a much larger source that will move around the players more more easily than they would from a single source.

Think of it like a hose on Pavement. If you have on hose spreading water out, the pavement in front of you should stay dry. But if you have a row of Hoses are spraying water out lost of the water will hit the pavement in front of you leaving a short shadow.

Thus the shadows from the new lights should be much smaller shadows. That will look more like a faint outline getting dark closer to their feet as their bodies are blocking some lights and other lights are flooding around them. (I believe.. I could be wrong but I should be right)

A hung scoreboard hung lower than the roof would block more of the lights and cast odd shadows.. but height and size would play a big roll.. it is also just a weird thing to do. Day games would be horrible with it though.
    Everything you said was true.. But What happens to the north end? there are no stands which means that there is nothing to hold or support the lights. Won't that cause a horrible shadow aswell. Plus the end zone for Argos won't be evenly lit.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lighting is coming from the roof.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The lighting system is being installed now. The south looks like it's done already.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    The lighting system is being installed now. The south looks like it's done already.
    I'm going to see if I can snap a few pics. I'm going downtown this weekend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pics anyone? I have seen more renderings of the stadium since the south end lift was completed then actual pictures of the stadium.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Everything you said was true.. But What happens to the north end? there are no stands which means that there is nothing to hold or support the lights. Won't that cause a horrible shadow aswell. Plus the end zone for Argos won't be evenly lit.
    The north end may have some lighting still even if none of the renderings show it. Since they show some on the south stand I bet there is something on the north side even if it is a stand alone kind of thing. Not a lighting expert at all....just a guess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If it is nice out sunday ill try and come down early and take a walk around before heading to watch the game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

People shadows, yes but the lights are high and the shadows will be short.

I'm referring to a massive sun shadow of suspended scoreboard/PA system over the field when the roof is open.

http://www.miss604.com/wordpress/wp-...AwwcJune21.jpg

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That avatar! HOW, Sway?!

This, though, is what I thought would be the logical solution to making up numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Indeed. #StepAwayFromTheLedge

Quote Originally Posted by eustacchio View Post
    Yeah, would the rink really be that small in that space?
    Yeh… for me, the initial renderings always looked to have overestimated the pitch-size (which was then mangled a few times).

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Your new BMO Field

Howlin'! xD

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blizzard View Post
    People shadows, yes but the lights are high and the shadows will be short.

I'm referring to a massive sun shadow of suspended scoreboard/PA system over the field when the roof is open.

http://www.miss604.com/wordpress/wp-...AwwcJune21.jpg
    They need to find position where the majority of fans could clearly see. People on the north patio have to constantly turn their heads around if there's a replay or something else. If there's a way that they could install a score board on one of the supports for the roof that would be beneficial.