Page 5 of 118 FirstFirst 1234567891555105 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I recall correctly Telfer has a young family already, it was probably his call to go to York9 over Ottawa.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canuck82 View Post
    So why Telfer to York 9 and the other three to Ottawa? Based on what I saw last season Telfer is more of a MLS ready product where the other three never came close to an MLS bench. Interesting TFC said they will be sending two more to Ottawa....
    Possibly, the understanding is that CPL > USL even before they start playing. So Telfer, playing at a higher level, would go to York CPL and the others to USL - essentially where they were last year.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

...the other three never came close to an MLS bench.
    Aidan Daniels played with TFC against Houston last spring. I mean it's not much but it's MLS.
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telfer loan pretty much guarantees we are getting somebody else as a LW - no way we carry just Morrow & Morgan on that side.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So why Telfer to York 9 and the other three to Ottawa? Based on what I saw last season Telfer is more of a MLS ready product where the other three never came close to an MLS bench. Interesting TFC said they will be sending two more to Ottawa....
    Maybe Telfer preferred to go play at York where he went to school. Plus he doesn't have to move to Ottawa and the level of play should be about the same.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So CIA independiente beat Sporting KC in the quarters of CCL and Omar Browne and Romeesh Ivey supposedly had another big game. Did not watch but this is what I read. We need to steal one of these guys. I like Browne a lot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Telfer loan pretty much guarantees we are getting somebody else as a LW - no way we carry just Morrow & Morgan on that side.
    Yeah I'm kinda with this. Quick, someone start googling Argie left wings

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Definitely moving Telfer indicates someone coming in otherwise we wouldn't be moving someone who could be a backup from the bench in times of need like last season. I am still curious why we traded for the number one allocation spot and never used it. I am assuming something fell through that was supposed to happen....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    Definitely moving Telfer indicates someone coming in otherwise we wouldn't be moving someone who could be a backup from the bench in times of need like last season. I am still curious why we traded for the number one allocation spot and never used it. I am assuming something fell through that was supposed to happen....
    That's for the summer window when the European season is done. It just happened to become available now because Cinci are newbs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They can sit on the allocation spot for the whole season, it doesnt have to be used straight away.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    That's for the summer window when the European season is done. It just happened to become available now because Cinci are newbs.
    I guess that could make sense. Question is if they bring in the couple other pieces that they are talking about now, will we even have the budget to add someone in the summer window?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I guess that could make sense. Question is if they bring in the couple other pieces that they are talking about now, will we even have the budget to add someone in the summer window?
    Just guessing that they pair allocation list add with vdW subtraction (in budget terms, if not position/needs terms) come summer?

El Patron
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we get VdW off the books already? Transfer him for a bag of pylons or something.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Damien View Post
    Can we get VdW off the books already? Transfer him for a bag of pylons or something.
    Probably have to wait until Summer to transfer him if anyone wants him. I bet they just buy him out when they can.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Maybe Telfer preferred to go play at York where he went to school. Plus he doesn't have to move to Ottawa and the level of play should be about the same.
    Can we call up Telfer from York9 on a game-by-game basis? If that is the case, then maybe that is another reason to have him here in the GTA. I thought he showed some promise in the games he played with the first team. Yes, a TAM winger would be better, obviously, but I thought he was ok depth as an enthusiastic late sub.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Can we call up Telfer from York9 on a game-by-game basis? If that is the case, then maybe that is another reason to have him here in the GTA. I thought he showed some promise in the games he played with the first team. Yes, a TAM winger would be better, obviously, but I thought he was ok depth as an enthusiastic late sub.
    I don’t think so and yeah he was fairly good when he got a shot to play last year and I think led the team in scoring in preseason. I knew something was up when he wasn’t even making the team over Shaffleburg or Dorsey.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well we can always trade the spot for allocation $$$ if we don't need it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    So CIA independiente beat Sporting KC in the quarters of CCL and Omar Browne and Romeesh Ivey supposedly had another big game. Did not watch but this is what I read. We need to steal one of these guys. I like Browne a lot.
    This. How much could Browne really cost? Like 100-200k barely?? Get it done.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    This. How much could Browne really cost? Like 100-200k barely?? Get it done.
    In MLS it comes down to who has discovery rights too. That would also play a part. If nobody has it, TFC would be wise to at least get that done. The guy is making enough of a splash against MLS teams to get some serious consideration.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Well we can always trade the spot for allocation $$$ if we don't need it.
    But then we have to give some of that funny money back to FCC. I assume the FO had some reason for acquiring the spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    But then we have to give some of that funny money back to FCC. I assume the FO had some reason for acquiring the spot.
    Maybe the player they want can't come over until the summer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t think so and yeah he was fairly good when he got a shot to play last year and I think led the team in scoring in preseason. I knew something was up when he wasn’t even making the team over Shaffleburg or Dorsey.
    Its actually a bit odd. He is far more developed than those guys and had a lot of appearances last year.. molinaro retweeted something about this and the tweet he had retweeted was taken down.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by stegosaurus View Post
    But I assume the FO had some reason for acquiring the spot.
    Johnson is the easy answer but he doesn't fit in with what we're doing now. I always suspected it was in anticipation of Larin leaving Turkey.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabian Castillo would be a perfect fit if he can be a tam deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fabian Castillo would be a perfect fit if he can be a tam deal.
    Won't happen Pareja is his coach at Tijuana now and he's a big Castillo fan. Looked into this when we got the allocation spot the first time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/03/07/stejskal-potential-deals-watch-during-mls-primary-transfer-window

Toronto FC got their big one over the line on Monday, when they announced the signing of Pozuelo to a DP contract from Belgian club Genk.

With Pozuelo’s protracted, dramatic, complex transfer saga out of the way, TFC are now turning their full attention toward TAM targets. A source told MLSsoccer.com on Wednesday that it’s still up in the air whether the team will use their available TAM on one or two new signings. If the team uses all their available TAM on one player, it’s most likely that the new signing will be a winger. If the team splits their TAM between two new signings, they’d either bring in two wingers or a winger and a defender. The source added that Argentine winger Jonathan Menendez, who TFC were pursuing earlier this winter, is no longer a target.

The source also confirmed that the team is looking to get out from under Gregory van der Wiel’s contract. The Dutch defender reportedly got into an altercation with TFC head coach Greg Vanney early in preseason and hasn’t taken part in team activities since. A separate source told MLSsoccer.com last week that van der Wiel has been training individually at TFC’s practice facility since the incident while he and the club work to resolve his status.

Until the European, Chinese and Middle Eastern transfer windows re-open later this year, TFC are essentially down to three options in regards to van der Wiel: Trade him to another MLS team, waive him/buy him out or keep him. The only option that would offer any budget relief would be to trade van der Wiel, but, considering his hefty salary, up-and-down 2018 form and the reported altercation with Vanney, sources around the league expect TFC to have a hard time moving him without covering a significant portion of his budget charge.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

EDIT: Double Post

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2019/...ransfer-window
    Until the European, Chinese and Middle Eastern transfer windows re-open later this year, TFC are essentially down to three options in regards to van der Wiel: Trade him to another MLS team, waive him/buy him out or keep him. The only option that would offer any budget relief would be to trade van der Wiel, but, considering his hefty salary, up-and-down 2018 form and the reported altercation with Vanney, sources around the league expect TFC to have a hard time moving him without covering a significant portion of his budget charge.
    Anyone know why buying him out wouldn't offer budget relief? Isn't that the whole point of it?
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ben - D.O.W. View Post
    Anyone know why buying him out wouldn't offer budget relief? Isn't that the whole point of it?
    They would have had to do it before roster compliance to get full relief IIRC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    They would have had to do it before roster compliance to get full relief IIRC.
    Ah right, thanks. I guess that would beg the question why the #$%# we didn't do it then. It's not like the bust up with Vanney didn't happen with plenty of time to work that out before the compliance deadline.