Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Still buzzed from last night. I have real hope that TFC can get a result at Azteca.
    Quote Originally Posted by Derko View Post
    Caldwell's commentary is trying to be so non-biased that he actually is more biased towards the opposing team. You are a TFC commentator, be a fucking homer for god's sake.
    Some of his comments are just asinine.
    Actually, I thought his team-effacing comments were very Canadian of him.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would love to see a montage of the sheer number of one touch passing combos we executed flawlessly in this game. A lot along the touch line, or otherwise in a phone booth. It would take a while to get through them all.

We are just better than Club America.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When we string together good quick passing, we are almost unplayable

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At what point does Bono improve with the ball at his feet? Maybe I'm being too critical ...or Ceasar spoiled me

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any full match replay streams? Missed the game last night due to a conflict and forgot to pvr it. I've seen the highlights but a full match stream would be amazing

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It started on the field the second the halftime whistle blew.

3 or 4 players were jockeying Seba and in his face while leaving the field.
    Yeah I was watching that then saw this CA coach/staff make a straight line for Giovinco and pushed just in front of him then elbow him in the face just at the entrance to the tunnel. I thought something may come of that but everyone disappeared into the tunnel so I didn't see anything else.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Herrara has - ahem...priors for extravagant demonstrations not always including reality.

Lets see them file a report

Then TFC throws CONCACAF a copy of the tunnel video.

This story ends tonight.
    Hopefully after the NYRB incident they installed a few more cameras for different angles so that crap couldn't happen again and not get caught on camera.
    Last edited by Joe Kool; 04-04-2018 at 08:23 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Caldwell's commentary is trying to be so non-biased that he actually is more biased towards the opposing team. You are a TFC commentator, be a fucking homer for god's sake.
    I was at the game so didn't hear his commentary on this one but that was always my issue with him and stated that on this forum in the past. He does exactly what you said and it is annoying.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My opinions.. Van der wiel was very impressive as was Zavs of all people. Oso was solid, Morgan was great.

Not so good---- Bono, at least half a dozen Poor distributions Bush league keeping his worse game so far

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    By the way..regarding the penalty. It was a stonewaller for me. Caldwell can get to fuck with that commentary - tired of his BS.
    TSN needs some borrow from the MLS model and bring in some DP announcers.
    lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Amazing game. Love that Morgan scored that goal. That was the best moment. I honestly wish we could play Mexican teams more often. The games are far better - watching that really just shows the bottom 1/2 to 2/3 of MLS is still so far behind the top teams. We'd be a much better team if we played to this level game in and game out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's the press conference with Herrera which shows some video in the tunnel. Most of the video is from afar so you can't see much. There is a bit of a shove by the policeman on America goalie when he gets in his face (:59 mark) but it's hard to make out what's going on. The video is embedded in the article:

https://deadspin.com/miguel-herrera-...ers-1824305321

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    That may have been Delgado's best game for us. Osorio and Morgan were great too.

This Club America team is a classless group of entitled shits. I'm going to be so happy seeing us leave the Azteca with a result.
    Quite the opposite from Tigres who are nothing but class.

Anyone else think Perelta is a Diego Costa doppleganger? Yet another reason to dislike America

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm amazed at our ability to score at just the right time in these matches. We seem to be scoring right at times to really change the flow and put teams on the back foot. Our finishing has been superb.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Herrara has - ahem...priors for extravagant demonstrations not always including reality.

Lets see them file a report

Then TFC throws CONCACAF a copy of the tunnel video.

This story ends tonight.
    Classic managing strategy.
    Walked into a game where he was on record saying the team couldn't compete with his.
    Got to half time where the team was not only competing but outplaying.
    His history shows this might be one of his........ cough...... strategies
    Headlines comment on the brouhaha, not his teams play, and ensure a particularly hostile crowd for the return leg

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by pfk View Post
    Here's the press conference with Herrera which shows some video in the tunnel. Most of the video is from afar so you can't see much. There is a bit of a shove by the policeman on America goalie when he gets in his face (:59 mark) but it's hard to make out what's going on. The video is embedded in the article:

https://deadspin.com/miguel-herrera-...ers-1824305321
    pretty sure if I got in the face of a Mexican police officer my passport would be confiscated pretty quickly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

there needs to be repercussions for the CA coaches that clearly had this planned out.

Im sure they saw the NYRB tapes and tried to sucker a TFC player into a red car while only a coach gets booted

this is beyond unprofessional and sours the game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Zavaleta and Moor were the weakest links. They can’t handle the pressure and give up the ball too easily. Bradley started off slow, but was incredible defensively for most of the game. Impressive.

Kind of agree on Bono, but I attribute most of his issues to the crazy weather.

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post
    My opinions.. Van der wiel was very impressive as was Zavs of all people. Oso was solid, Morgan was great.

Not so good---- Bono, at least half a dozen Poor distributions Bush league keeping his worse game so far

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just noticed through the first 4 games (Saprisa, Tauro) , America let in 3 goals all tournament. We put 3 on them in one game

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another crazy night at BMO where something strange happens when the weather gets worse the games get better most of the time -- last night had a little of the vibe of the Montreal game in the ECF in 2016.....I agree with others that Zavaleta and Moor are still frightening back there but considering we had no Morrow or Mavinga, the options were somewhat limited.....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 04-04-2018 at 02:11 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have we lost at home to a Mexican team? I remember beating Cruz Azul and a tie with Santos Laguna in previous years.

As an aside well done to security for appropriately handling the fight in my row in 115

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RedsYNWA View Post

he stopped what i thought was a sure goal by Club America in the second half

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    Have we lost at home to a Mexican team? I remember beating Cruz Azul and a tie with Santos Laguna in previous years.

As an aside well done to security for appropriately handling the fight in my row in 115
    Was the fight between two rival fans? The only thing that upset me was in my section a Club America fan celebrated the Club America goal by turning around and taunting the rest of us TFC fans behind him after their goal, you don’t do that when your in someone else’s stadium, you celebrate yes but you don’t turn around and taunt everyone else around you, try doing that in their stadium and you will probably get smacked.

Section 114... News Flash: Flatpicker doesn't listen to everything he reads!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post

Im sure they saw the NYRB tapes and tried to sucker a TFC player into a red car while only a coach gets booted

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
    haha, classic concacaf gif

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In terms of the tunnel, not sure how wide it is but maybe they can do what the Raptors do and have a gate down the middle of it with each team on one side. Now I know the tfc tunnel is much longer with the teams beside, but a gate would easily show who is on the wrong side and eliminate any excuse you have

Example of raps
    Last edited by rydermike; 04-04-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Giovinco and Altidore are unstoppable. They have a ridiculous record of coming through in big games. Just astonishing. Every team spends all week working on a gameplan to try to deal with them. It mostly doesn't work.

Both have an edge to their game - Gio with the whining/flopping, Altidore because almost every ball to him involves meaningful physical contact, usually a foul by somebody.

Both also have the same achilles heel - their temper. Both can be goaded into cards.

So.... Presto! Teams are getting in their faces. Hard. This is a very deliberate strategy that is only going to increase. NYRB came thisclose to pulling it off.

—————————————

I am fine acknowledging that the Giovinco PK was a 50/50 call and that he helped it along. Those are both true. This is elite world football, it's pretty common, like it or lump it, and for once in my life I have a big slice of “Italia” on my side.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-04-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Actually I thought America's backline was not that good
    Really? I thought they they kept the scoreline respectable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I would love to see a montage of the sheer number of one touch passing combos we executed flawlessly in this game. A lot along the touch line, or otherwise in a phone booth. It would take a while to get through them all.

We are just better than Club America.
    I think the elements played a part in last night's game. They will be much more difficult to handle on their own pitch.

Nonetheless, full credit to TFC for a masterful performance last night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm impressed we beat out the Blue Jays Attendance in that shitty weather