Page 167 of 174 FirstFirst ... 67117157163164165166167168169170171 ... LastLast
Results 4,981 to 5,010 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i still think we'll have a couple more additions before roster freeze date, likely by trading or selling one of our forwards and adding a CM.

as it is, i reckon be in the top 6 in the summer window, but not in shield race or anything. summer window is likely where they'll have the chance to make additions to make the squad a contender (3rd dp, more squad players), as they're only half a year budget hit, but impact can be huge.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 02-20-2023 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    i still think we'll have a couple more additions before roster freeze date, likely by trading or selling one of our forwards and adding a CM.

as it is, i reckon be in the top 6 in the summer window, but not in shield race or anything. summer window is likely where they'll have the chance to make additions to make the squad a contender (3rd dp, more squad players), as they're only half a year budget hit, but impact can be huge.
    In the summer they're ditching the GAM for interleague players and replacing with straight cash moves so I would expect some action with that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    In the summer they're ditching the GAM for interleague players and replacing with straight cash moves so I would expect some action with that.
    makes sense! i wonder how that effects the parity in the league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

JJ traded to Dallas!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like we retain some cap hit, the devil is in the details but I think trading him out so long as our retained cap hit is small is the right call. Decent player who could do something in this league but not a fit with what we need

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Brandon Servania coming back improves the midfield depth nicely. Only 23.

https://www.transfermarkt.us/brandon...spieler/455979

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this kid is gonna play 20+ games for us i reckon.

finally MB has a backup/ rotation player!

also, assuming we aren't paying a ton of JJ salary, we'll have enough space for further additions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. Makes sense now for me. Was going to mention last night/early this morning, that given his match absence, that Dallas FC just started following him on his Insta. Was not confident in that assumption leap though.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 02-20-2023 at 12:15 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dallas fans are upset that they traded Servania. That is usually a good sign.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great move. Really sad about JJ but it's the right move

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    this kid is gonna play 20+ games for us i reckon.

finally MB has a backup/ rotation player!

also, assuming we aren't paying a ton of JJ salary, we'll have enough space for further additions.
    I could see him pushing Kaye for that starting spot if he doesn't start regaining some form.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Wow. Makes sense now for me. Was going to mention last night/early this morning, that given his match absence, that Dallas FC just started following him on Insta. Was not confident in that assumption.
    I'm a little disappointed as I rate JJ a good player.

But Servania is a very well-regarded midfielder, generally seen as a successor to Tyler Adams or McKennie for the US national team. I thought he moved to Germany but I guess that didn't stick.

It's a position we need more and he's young. It's a good trade even with us eating some salary. Losing another international spot ain't great but maybe that mechanism is changing soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I could see him pushing Kaye for that starting spot if he doesn't start regaining some form.
    I can see them all getting pretty equal minutes. He's as good as Kaye, easily, at least by reputation.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A lot of pressure on Diomande/Akinola now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the first time in a long time...I think we just won a trade. Cap hit on JJ is still an issue but this really seems to tick some boxes

I'm way less worried about striker given the Italians are so good I could score goals playing with them and there's still a dp slot open. I like this alot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Striker looks to be an obvious position to use an u-22 spot now, depending on how Dio and Ayo perform to start the season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so we now have 5 midfielders by trade for 3 roles, far healthier than the backend of last season.

this guy i reckon starts 20 games + for us when all is said and done this season.

also think they will be adding another striker, have some extra GAM remaining assuming they aren't paying 50%+ of JJ budget charge

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Certainly BB holds significant/enough belief in Dio; let's see. I did like his VAR'd goal against LAG. Seems to still have something to offer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

could catch by leedslandtfc the other night .good to have some young legs in the mid now.i wonder where we stand with intl spots at the moment.i think we have one left

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny. Hadn’t really thought about this name in years.

I remember when Servania was supposed to be the second coming, he was the one they kept while McKennie got away…

If he played against us, I don’t remember him, and I hardly watched Dallas otherwise last year…

No idea what to make of this. That’s OK. BB is supposed to be good at exactly these kinds of calls- kind of like Latif Blessing. I am fine with being favourably disposed based on that alone.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if it's possible for us to use our one offseason buyout on Jimenez's cap hit? I don't think we're going to otherwise use it this season, so if we can remove his cap hit that would be great.
    Either way, really happy with this move. Great to get some depth.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Servania gets some knocks for inconsistency from Dallas fans, notes that he was no longer starting as a result. Quite a few seem to miss him, but his star has somewhat faded from his first two years.

Very young, though, at 23. May be that a change of scenery and coaching was needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It now seems more likely that we are not playing the U22 game. Diomande and Ako get 20 games, and the third DP will be a striker in July, if they don’t get it done.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I wonder if it's possible for us to use our one offseason buyout on Jimenez's cap hit? I don't think we're going to otherwise use it this season, so if we can remove his cap hit that would be great.
    Either way, really happy with this move. Great to get some depth.
    Interesting question. That would make us all feel better for sure (and hey, its not our dough)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    It now seems more likely that we are not playing the U22 game. Diomande and Ako get 20 games, and the third DP will be a striker in July, if they don’t get it done.
    Or a u22 striker from Colombia or Argentina, ala Jhon Duran. If there's a young player lighting it up down there it's the best confluence; we get goals and speed, MLSE gets money back in a few years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Also - the summer of Perruzza is officially back on baby.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have some time to type out some more eloquent thoughts:

Jimenez, in a season, if you told me he'd score 9 goals in 37 matches, would have been passable. But it being so front-loaded makes you think about what could have been and, more importantly, if we could have gotten similar value out of Akinola out of a trade.

However.

Servania is a 23 year old with 67 games of experience already at MLS, and even some experience in Europe with SKN St. Polten, getting quite a few minutes in the half-season he was there over COVID. It is very possible that he will continue to grow, and he is under contract for 2+1. Looking for some big things out of him, and he's in the perfect spot to do it, having played in 23 matches last year (starting in the first half before falling out of favour). Which is odd, because in the games he played in MLS, the team were 8-6-9 (WLD, good for 33 points). He also scored 5 of his 8 points in MLS last season. Behind some veteran talent and with ample opportunity (frankly, because our midfield can be somewhat injury prone), he's in a spot to both grow and take reins on a starting spot if he shows out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of player are we looking at here? Box to box? Defensive?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    What kind of player are we looking at here? Box to box? Defensive?
    sounds like he can play as a 6 or 8