RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default The Michael Bradley thread

Now this is how you use stats to make a point

http://theshinguardian.com/2014/02/1...ve-toronto-fc/
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Great read, and I agree that the high impact leadership role we will ask of Bradley has the chance to improve his game further.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

KEEP your filthy hands off our midfield general!!!

http://espnfc.com/blog/_/name/usnati...d/1768?cc=5901

Could Michael Bradley thrive in the Premier League?

Posted by Roger Bennett

AP PhotoIs there a better Hollywood doppelganger for Bradley than Jason Statham?
    Michael Bradley is the American Jason Statham.

A bald man who kicks ass, and in doing so makes all those around him feel both safe and full of hope. In the past, his physical commitment and mental tenacity have combined to make the midfielder a virtual security blanket simmering away at the heart of the U.S. national team.

Bradley was unshackled in the U.S. team's 2-2 draw with Mexico last Wednesday night, thriving in a more advanced, buccaneering role at the tip of the diamond. No sooner had Bradley led the U.S. in touches (81) and passes completed (56) than Mexican coach Miguel Herrera was left to marvel that Bradley "looked as if he was the best player in the world."
    NOTICE: Wager with STB: OVER 2 shots on goal in the First half wins a Pint at HT.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hat tip to "ronzilla" who posted this elsewhere

http://gianlucadimarzio.com/en/eng/sampdoria-interested-in-toronto-fcs-michael-bradley-medicals-scheduled-for-schick/

So this could be nothing, or it could be that he's now in the shop window.

I have always felt that bringing Bradley in was a poor business decision, much as I love the guy
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably nothing, I don't see him wanting to move back to Italy at this stage. We're going to see the same thing with Giovinco once the Euros are over.

If they make that move TFC better have another DP lined up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Its David Amoyal, people.

He of the "TFC is going to fire its coach and get an Italian."

Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 06-20-2016 at 06:33 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anyone else think that Bradley should lose the captaincy role? Moor looks more of a leader on the field for this team & Johnson plays with more passion. Him taking all the free kicks and wasting them needs to be addressed - he can't even seem to take a dangerous corner. As the captain he should have stepped up in the last four games in Gio's absence and led the team to some wins. Maybe he is more focussed on the big Mexico game coming up and doesn't want to risk anything?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Anyone else think that Bradley should lose the captaincy role? Moor looks more of a leader on the field for this team & Johnson plays with more passion. Him taking all the free kicks and wasting them needs to be addressed - he can't even seem to take a dangerous corner. As the captain he should have stepped up in the last four games in Gio's absence and led the team to some wins. Maybe he is more focussed on the big Mexico game coming up and doesn't want to risk anything?
    No. Bradley is just as proud of his club and his captaincy as playing for the US.

If you see a lack of stepping up its not the first time or season its been noted.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I think sometimes Bradley tries too hard to step up. He tries to do too much.
    Toronto FC baby...best team everrrrrrrrrr -Jozy

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anyone else watching the same game as me? He owned Kaka throughout the match, was all over him and had many tackles on him. Not to mention every time we put Bradley in a tight spot, he gets his way around 2 defenders and finds an outlet. There was a ball he sent to Morrow about 60 yards away that was put on a dime.

He had about 8 set pieces and I agree they aren't the best part of his game, but he hit Ricketts on the first corner that he hit over the net and another one in the first half fell right on the six yard line and Ricketts / Moor couldn't convert.

The man runs the most yards, completes the most passes on anyone on the field and absolutely plays his hardest for the club

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by michaeltfc91 View Post
    Was anyone else watching the same game as me? He owned Kaka throughout the match, was all over him and had many tackles on him. Not to mention every time we put Bradley in a tight spot, he gets his way around 2 defenders and finds an outlet. There was a ball he sent to Morrow about 60 yards away that was put on a dime.

He had about 8 set pieces and I agree they aren't the best part of his game, but he hit Ricketts on the first corner that he hit over the net and another one in the first half fell right on the six yard line and Ricketts / Moor couldn't convert.

The man runs the most yards, completes the most passes on anyone on the field and absolutely plays his hardest for the club
    ^ Despite the fact that I'm 100% certain this IS Michael Bradley anonymously bragging (he used his real name to throw us off), it's spot on.

I won't add to that summary except to say that it's impossble to see some of the things Bradley does well on the pitch unless you watch him closely. Try doing it. Twice next game say I'm going to watch Bradley for a 3 minute stretch (like an isolation camera shot) and I think you'll see what the rest of us do: he's borderline irreplaceable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    ^ Despite the fact that I'm 100% certain this IS Michael Bradley anonymously bragging (he used his real name to throw us off), it's spot on.

I won't add to that summary except to say that it's impossble to see some of the things Bradley does well on the pitch unless you watch him closely. Try doing it. Twice next game say I'm going to watch Bradley for a 3 minute stretch (like an isolation camera shot) and I think you'll see what the rest of us do: he's borderline irreplaceable.
    Absolutely, he joined the boards back in 2009 while playing Borussia knowing that in 2014 he would be playing here.

Although I agree with the rest of your statement...

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post

Bang on. He is a beast out there.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    Absolutely, he joined the boards back in 2009 while playing Borussia knowing that in 2014 he would be playing here.

Although I agree with the rest of your statement...
    At least some people agree with me! I just want to get some love from the fans of the club I've played on for 3 years

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was anyone else watching the same game as me? He owned Kaka throughout the match, was all over him and had many tackles on him....
    That was the best part of the match watching those two duel. Was worth the price of admission.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We are better this year, in terms of organization both ways, and defense in large part because Bradley is playing as the CDM/Regista, he controls the team from that position, he leads defensively and directs our attack from the back. He is the best at it in the MLS by a long shot, he is our general.

I am never sure what people expect from players playing that role. He has been superb at it, and he more then deserves to be the Captain. While I am disappointed that we dropped points, it is certainly not because of him. He is one of the reasons we are in my opinion the best team in the MLS, we are the best defensively ( as hard as that is to beleive-but in the MLS it is true) and we have two of the best attacking options in the MLS ( the best Giovinco and for my money as good as it gets in these league at CF in Altidore, goal total aside).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sure sometimes Bradley might have an off night, but there is no way you can question his work ethic and intensity.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

The Bradley-Kaka duel was, indeed, one my high points of the match. Great battle between two hardcore competitors.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ok Michael I might have gone a bit far there withbthe captaincy thing. You have done really well in the DM position and i really think it brings the best out of you. That role is in valuable IMO - its the main reason we have given up so few goals. That can't be underestimated. But please let some else have a go at the free kicks and corners. Please.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's the things people don't notice that helps make him such a special player for us.

Last night for example, Kaka had some space in the middle of the pitch while attacking, Bradley was marking. Kaka had passing options, went with a double take head fake (a move we've all seen before), yet Bradley was not phased, calmly put his boot out at the correct moment and the ball goes flying out of bounds and backwards. We have plenty of time to reset formation and gather ourselves. A lesser player and that patented move may successfully beat them and turn into a scoring chance.

Or later in the match, Beitashour wins a ball right in the southeast corner, Bradley comes back into space to help. Receives the ball and then lays a beautiful long cross to Cooper on the left wing at half. Right on his boot. In the past we'd have some fuckin scrub entirely incapable of such a pass, try to force something while under pressure leading to a chance against us.

This is what we pay for and it's worth the money.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'll chime in too. I am by no means a huge fan of Bradley. Frustrates the hell out of me at times. Like others have stated, he tries to do too much. BUT, last night, vs Kaka he was HUGE!!! It truly was an epic battle.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    The Bradley-Kaka duel was, indeed, one my high points of the match. Great battle between two hardcore competitors.
    Bradley played an excellent game yesterday. Finally stepped it up with greater intensity since the past few games. However, his free kicks have been horrible all year. He essentially floats the ball into the box which is easy for a defender. Yesterday he finally started whipping in some balls and they were more dangerous. Still needs to practice more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FRANKIE65 View Post
    I'll chime in too. I am by no means a huge fan of Bradley. Frustrates the hell out of me at times. Like others have stated, he tries to do too much. BUT, last night, vs Kaka he was HUGE!!! It truly was an epic battle.
    kaka took a few players pants off without them even noticing.

Bradely was class going toe to toe with Kaka, and by end of game you can see Kaka appreciated the match up

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    It's the things people don't notice that helps make him such a special player for us.

Last night for example, Kaka had some space in the middle of the pitch while attacking, Bradley was marking. Kaka had passing options, went with a double take head fake (a move we've all seen before), yet Bradley was not phased, calmly put his boot out at the correct moment and the ball goes flying out of bounds and backwards. We have plenty of time to reset formation and gather ourselves. A lesser player and that patented move may successfully beat them and turn into a scoring chance.

Or later in the match, Beitashour wins a ball right in the southeast corner, Bradley comes back into space to help. Receives the ball and then lays a beautiful long cross to Cooper on the left wing at half. Right on his boot. In the past we'd have some fuckin scrub entirely incapable of such a pass, try to force something while under pressure leading to a chance against us.

This is what we pay for and it's worth the money.
    I remember that thinking how will TFC build out of that situation. Bradley saw the outlet b4 i even had to time to say oh fck

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just saw this conversation - agree, Bradley was superb Wednesday (even if not 100% successful). That was an elite battle.

Something to keep an eye on btw

http://www.si.com/planet-futbol/2016...fc-mls-manager
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    Sure sometimes Bradley might have an off night, but there is no way you can question his work ethic and intensity.
    Absolumente. Like that loss to Montreal in the 4-nil-1 derby. Or the 3-3 tie with NYRB. He was walking the ball into trouble all over the place and turning it over in dangerous areas to help NY to a 3-1 lead. Never once did he fail to look concerned or snap his fingers in frustration.
    Last edited by greatwhitenorf; 09-30-2016 at 10:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

At least some people agree with me! I just want to get some love from the fans of the club I've played on for 3 years
    Hi I'm Defoe's mom, this is my alternate account, hit me up or find me on Tinder...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is clearly an excellent player, but that doesn't mean he can't improve. His set pieces have been off and he is not looking for late runners into the box - ball watches - against Montreal Patti will pick up on that. On the other hand, his referee baiting is world class . Love it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What's so frustrating about Wednesday is that is an example of what Bradley could be every week. He's his own worst enemy. If he sticks to what he's good at he's one of the best in the league
    The problem comes when he thinks he's Xabi Alonso rather than Javier Mascherano. If we could convince him to never pass the ball more than ten yards and get off set pieces he'd be fantastic but at times he's downright terrible