Quote Originally Posted by flatpicker View Post
Watching the replay of TFC v Montréal leg 2 on TSN right now. It’s funny how riveted I am. This game was something magical.
Watching it now on TSN again (Hagglund just scored!!!) - I can never turn this off if it comes on my screen - one of the greatest sporting nights I have ever experienced in person and I’ve been exceptionally fortunate to be there in person for almost every major Toronto sports moment since the mid-80s or so in this city (every Blue Jays and Raptors key playoff moment, and even the Leafs ones (lots of Game 7s) such as they are - and some other exceptional events too like Super Bowls and Grey Cups)......Winning MLS Cup in 2017 was cathartic after 2016s heartbreak, but for actual spectacle and drama and emotion on the field, it’s hard to match November 30th 2016 at BMO. Anyone who was there that night knows that clearly was the most intensely contested game ever played at BMO, and I highly doubt we will see the likes of that again as the concept of going to a Finals for the first time against your historic rival (and then winning it all a year later) will never be matched, as all future experiences will be compared to that Montreal series, that 2016 Finals, and the subsequent redemption and satisfaction (and catharsis) of 2017s treble winning season. There will never be another “first time” like this one.....it just never gets old watching this night at BMO - it’s everything great about what this sport, this team, this city, that stadium, and our fans could be.....