Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The first part is every team's gameplan against us and the second one wasn't designed specifically for us. That's the Smith strategy; counter and/or try to earn free kicks in dangerous areas.
    Watching how we defend set pieces, that would be every team's strategy on us I think, especially when we are playing at home.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Watching how we defend set pieces, that would be every team's strategy on us I think, especially when we are playing at home.
    This is a typical attitude for some. All season we've defended set pieces well enough as most of our issues came from getting caught on the break from the wings but we happen to have a match against a team that targets this as a main part of their offense and scores so this is now our achilles heel. And of course it has to be pinned on MB.

Charlotte also targets this and MB got a WHO Scored rating over 9 and I saw no mention of this then. Or ever really before this week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is a typical attitude for some. All season we've defended set pieces well enough as most of our issues came from getting caught on the break from the wings but we happen to have a match against a team that targets this as a main part of their offense and scores so this is now our achilles heel. And of course it has to be pinned on MB.

Charlotte also targets this and MB got a WHO Scored rating over 9 and I saw no mention of this then. Or ever really before this week.
    Typical attitude of some? I can't offer my opinion? If you think we defend set pieces well, then I guess we will agree to disagree. My post didn't single out Bradley, you did that yourself it looks like. But if you didn't see him qet beat very easily 3 times in the air by journeyman romney plus not track the man beside him on the final header, then what can I tell you. He should not be man marking on corners in particular because he can't/won't. Put him on a goal post. Mcnaugton got beat on the third goal, but he battled and went up, sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Oso flat out let Mccarty open in the 4th minute and put up his hand to claim offside which of course was not. And Bono also is part of the problem as he can't command the box on crosses. We need to collectively do alot better.

MB had a good game vs Charlotte, as did everyone else and I am looking for that this Saturday night again. What else do you want me to say. If someone plays well, I'll say it. Someone doesn't, I'll say it.

Cheers, Illl be there Sat night cheering the boys on to victory. Its now a "final" every game down the stretch. Must wins and if we get into the playoffs, we will be dangerous.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Typical attitude of some? I can't offer my opinion? If you think we defend set pieces well, then I guess we will agree to disagree. My post didn't single out Bradley, you did that yourself it looks like.
    It is a typical attitude for some. When the currently hated TFC player does well: silence. Any mistakes therafter by him or anyone else plus us dropping points with a draw or loss will usually end up being attributed to the hated player in some way.

Also you did mention MB. Did you forget this one a couple posts up?

Second goal, Bradley beat again easily on a header and its in the back of the net. Not sure if onside or not, but should have never even happened.

And we did get lucky mcarty missed from point blank in the 4th minute when Oso left him...then another one around the 18th minute when (again) Bradley let Romney have a free header...and then the last play of the game, we gave up another free header that just missed the back post.
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 08-10-2022 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You forget this one a couple posts up?
    I didn't single out Bradley, i mentioned Oso too right in that one. And you'll note I was kind enough not to mention who left the man for the last header...)

But okay, did you see Bradley get beat repeatedly or not by Romney? Or is it just me and Section 223? )

And do you think we defend set pieces well, or not?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And do you think we defend set pieces well, or not?
    Over the entirety of 2022? Yes.

Last weekend? No.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Over the entirety of 2022? Yes.

Last weekend? No.
    I guess we'll agree to disagree. Watch this Saturday at the inevitable mayhem in our box and on set pieces against. I guarantee we'll give up big chances off set pieces. And its not about player personanel, its about being willing to be committed to mark your man and win the 1 vs 1 battle in the air.

PS if you don't mind answering, did you see Bradley get beat repeatedly by Romney the other night or not? And very badly at that. If you attribute it to me "hating" Bradley (you edited your post to slide that in so that's why I am asking), then I guess I just am curious if you saw the same thing me and my buddies and son all saw. And my man Section 223 also.

Cheers. And "see" you Sat night if you are going. Should be a great one, the weather will be great, time for 3 points.