Page 146 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4696136142143144145146147148149150156 ... LastLast
Results 4,351 to 4,380 of 5725
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I'm sure that is technically fraudulent if found out but it could be covered up.
    OgTheDim posted this a while back:

Nick Weaver@GrymSC2

· Feb 12, 2019

Replying to @24thminute
    The Act of 24 February 1978 concerning the employment contract for paid sportsmen and sportswomen, often referred to in the football world as the law of '78, is a Belgian law that allows paid sportspeople to prematurely and unilaterally terminate a fixed-term contract

Nick Weaver@GrymSC2

(maximum 5 years). , provided they pay a fee to the canceled club. This compensation is equal to the wages that they would still earn between the time of termination and the normal end of the contract

6:14 PM - Feb 12, 2019

So I guess the 2.5 mil euros is the wages still left on his deal...? At 3.75 mil cdn I doubt TFC/MLS covers this.
    Last edited by Redskiesatnight; 02-14-2019 at 02:08 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redskiesatnight View Post
    OgTheDim posted this a while back:

Nick Weaver@GrymSC2

· Feb 12, 2019

Replying to @24thminute
    The Act of 24 February 1978 concerning the employment contract for paid sportsmen and sportswomen, often referred to in the football world as the law of '78, is a Belgian law that allows paid sportspeople to prematurely and unilaterally terminate a fixed-term contract

Nick Weaver@GrymSC2

(maximum 5 years). , provided they pay a fee to the canceled club. This compensation is equal to the wages that they would still earn between the time of termination and the normal end of the contract

6:14 PM - Feb 12, 2019

It seems to me that could circumvent the whole transfer fee system. Another reason why it would be great to have a reporter/journalist to do a bit of research and tell us what's up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am amused by this Genk team.

A Tanzanian striker (!)
    A guy named Malinovsky (History buffs - same name as a Russian general in WW2),
    Pozo’s replacement is a Croatian U21 from Zagreb
    A Congolese winger named “Dieumerci”,
    The longtime Australian MNT keeper, who after 15 years in the A league just moved to Genk....
    The 18 also has Poles, Danes, Ghanaians, Brazilians, our Spaniard of course
    Oh and a couple of Belgian defenders (I guess they need them for a domestic quota purposes)

This is as motley a crew of football mercenaries as you will ever see.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-14-2019 at 02:16 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozo on for Genk now

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pozo is cracking them wide open all by himself. Creates a goal (Called back offside). Two or three other lovely cross field balls.

I think I am in love.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Im watching genk live when Poz cam on he looks calm and controlled making an impact right away with good possession and vision best player on the pitch

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Same here. He completely changed their attack for the better, as soon as he came on the pitch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Pozo is cracking them wide open all by himself. Creates a goal (Called back offside). Two or three other lovely cross field balls.

I think I am in love.
    Oh boy

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Wouldnt a Genk win be better, shows they can move on without him and release him quicker?

A Slavia win reinforces their worst fears of everything going down hill without him and might drag out longer. Thats how I see it at least.
    No chance they will feel this way. They are a completely different team with him on the field.

Clueless announcer: “I cant imagine they won’t start him for the second leg”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are there any other rumours for other players - or has everything run dry?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I am in love.
    If you forget all of the contract drama and we actually land this guy dear lordy. Offensively he's a level above most guys on the pitch but defensively ouch. I imagine this is what VV looked like in his prime. The game slows down for some guys.

It would also be good to understand how good is SLP in relations to an average MLS squad. Would they have handled Atlanta last year? Us 2 years ago?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

His teammates are treating him well...hug and words on the way in....paw shakes after efforts.

Well I'm sold.

If he plays like that, he'd be worth the price of admission as much as Seba. And I for one would be willing to wait until June for that level of quality.
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 02-14-2019 at 03:06 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    His teammates are treating him well...hug and words on the way in....paw shakes after efforts.

Well I'm sold.

If he plays like that, he'd be worth the price of admission as much as Seba. And I for one would be willing to wait until June for that level of quality.
    Agree.

Caliber of competition looked similar to MLS, and he was the dominant player out there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flambe View Post
    Anyone know of any streams?
    The Genk - Slavia Prague game was/is available on dazn.ca, for anyone who has that service. I wish I had time to watch it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    The Genk - Slavia Prague game was/is available on dazn.ca, for anyone who has that service. I wish I had time to watch it.
    I just got it recently. Everyone is making me want to watch this now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Kool View Post
    I just got it recently. Everyone is making me want to watch this now.
    Skip to 55th minute

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Skip to 55th minute
    Awesome thanks. I thought I was going to have to figure that one myself. Cheers!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lots of positive reports about him. Thanks everyone for posting for those of us who couldn't watch.

Maybe there is a win-win here? Is he worth waiting until June? CL is out this year anyway. I think we're good enough to stay close in MLS in the first few months. Could maybe even be an advantage - really focus on our defensive game and get that in order before we add the offensive pieces. Just a thought.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Lots of positive reports about him. Thanks everyone for posting for those of us who couldn't watch.

Maybe there is a win-win here? Is he worth waiting until June? CL is out this year anyway. I think we're good enough to stay close in MLS in the first few months. Could maybe even be an advantage - really focus on our defensive game and get that in order before we add the offensive pieces. Just a thought.
    I think he might be, honestly, seeing that made me salivate.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All signs are positive - that's great.

However, this story needs to garner some clarity or we need to move on from the player. Has to be said. If the expectation is that we have to pay $8M now or that same $8M in June then I am entirely against the idea. What if this guy tears an ACL playing for Genk and we're on the hook? The fact that he featured in this game at all is very bad news for a potential deal to TFC, clearly this in nowhere close to being done.

I reject the notion that we should toss away this years CCL, if we can get the right pieces to get the job done now then we have to go for it. Anything else would be us taking for granted another Voyageurs win and we absolutely cannot have that attitude.

Conclusion - it's either worth going to war with Genk now or looking elsewhere for our DP re-enforcement. Indecision is a telltale sign of weak leadership. Your move Bill.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    All signs are positive - that's great.

However, this story needs to garner some clarity or we need to move on from the player. Has to be said. If the expectation is that we have to pay $8M now or that same $8M in June then I am entirely against the idea. What if this guy tears an ACL playing for Genk and we're on the hook? The fact that he featured in this game at all is very bad news for a potential deal to TFC, clearly this in nowhere close to being done.

I reject the notion that we should toss away this years CCL, if we can get the right pieces to get the job done now then we have to go for it. Anything else would be us taking for granted another Voyageurs win and we absolutely cannot have that attitude.

Conclusion - it's either worth going to war with Genk now or looking elsewhere for our DP re-enforcement. Indecision is a telltale sign of weak leadership. Your move Bill.
    Agreed - I am not down paying the 8 mil euro transfer fee for summer and it's suggested that TFC wants their reinforcements now.

RPB Member
    Past President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jonathan Menendez is off the table:

Jonathan Menéndez will finally stay at Independiente, after a talk with Ariel Holan and when his move to Toronto was agreed . The coach asked him to remain on the roster and the 24-year-old forward accepted the proposal of the technical director.

The footballer had managed the interruption of the loan in Al Rayyan, Qatar, where he played on loan during the second half of 2018 (the charge was 500 thousand dollars and the purchase option was 3,500,000 more). The decision was due to its lack of continuity.

The leaders of Independiente had everything agreed to cede it again, although in this opportunity to Major League Soccer. In Toronto they are still not aware that the pass will not finally be made.

Jonathan Menéndez will finally stay at Independiente, after a talk with Ariel Holan and when his move to Toronto was agreed . The coach asked him to remain on the roster and the 24-year-old forward accepted the proposal of the technical director.

The footballer had managed the interruption of the loan in Al Rayyan, Qatar, where he played on loan during the second half of 2018 (the charge was 500 thousand dollars and the purchase option was 3,500,000 more). The decision was due to its lack of continuity.

The leaders of Independiente had everything agreed to cede it again, although in this opportunity to Major League Soccer. In Toronto they are still not aware that the pass will not finally be made.

Source:
    https://www.tycsports.com/nota/superliga-2019/2019/02/14/menendez-finalmente-se-quedara-en-independiente.html
    2020 Away Days: San Jose (Feb 29)
    2019 Away Days:
    Philadelphia (March 2), Montreal (July 13, September 18), New York City (October 23), Atlanta (October 30), Seattle MLS CUP (November 10)
    2018 Away Days: Monterrey MX (March 13), Mexico City (April 10), Guadalajara MX (April 25), Montreal (Oct 21)
    2017 Away Days
    : Salt Lake City, Philly, LA, ATL, NJ, Columbus

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Oh FFS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

LOL Why can't we have nice things.

I've changed my mind about one thing, I am now grateful we signed Oso to a big contract

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

God damn it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's fucked. Manning and Curtis have to pull several rabbits out of the hat now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going to have to start signing TFC 2 players to senior contracts soon just to fill squad slots.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There should be backup targets here. Nice player, certainly not one of a kind

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is always another race and another racetrack

EDIT: Unless we don’t get Pozo. Then I am upset.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-14-2019 at 06:29 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the curse of kristian jack