Page 149 of 191 FirstFirst ... 4999139145146147148149150151152153159 ... LastLast
Results 4,441 to 4,470 of 5705
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is Pozuelo about to be moved?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Signing Gio is like when Dero came back, it's a nice feel good story but the on-field contributions will be lacking. I hope he proves me wrong, his ceiling at this point is a super sub, or maybe occasional starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Signing Gio is like when Dero came back, it's a nice feel good story but the on-field contributions will be lacking. I hope he proves me wrong, his ceiling at this point is a super sub, or maybe occasional starter.
    I just don't know if Seba's ego will allow him to not be the star here. If he is willing to take 500k and be the first or second guy off the bench? Sign him up.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba in training is really a trialist - gives a chance for Bradley to see whether he's still any good & fits in somewhere.

I put no stock in his presence = being signed soon.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Seba in training is really a trialist - gives a chance for Bradley to see whether he's still any good & fits in somewhere.

I put no stock in his presence = being signed soon.
    He is no ordinary trialist.

I cannot imagine BB wanting a distraction of this magnitude for his first training camp based on an ordinary trial type setup.

I assume he and the team are down to arguing about price.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like unless he completely bombs in training, we're gonna sign him.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    He is no ordinary trialist.

I cannot imagine BB wanting a distraction of this magnitude for his first training camp based on an ordinary trial type setup.

I assume he and the team are down to arguing about price.
    Couldn’t agree more with this comment. Sebastian is here to stay and I will bet that many will have their foot in their mouths with the lack of faith given to Giovinco

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Looks like unless he completely bombs in training, we're gonna sign him.
    Well that's good to hear, as I said before I'm open to having him back at a reasonable price, if he performs then give a bonus.

I am sure a part of the change in heart is wanting to be a part of the Italian project, perhaps recapture some of the glory when he was here. He must regret that excursion to the middle east.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who keeps #10? They need to figure out how to sell as many shirts as possible….hahaha!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Who keeps #10? They need to figure out how to sell as many shirts as possible….hahaha!
    He should just pick #53 because it's funny.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought you would say #17, does that mean Insigne is wearing 54

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am going to make a bold statement and say that we keep Jozy.

Not sure how it will work, but I think he will show up in camp soon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Thrillos View Post
    I am going to make a bold statement and say that we keep Jozy.

Not sure how it will work, but I think he will show up in camp soon.
    Would be pretty hypocritical of Manning and Bradley to say that we need to move on from 2017 and then just completely try again with a core of Bradley, Giovinco and Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Would be pretty hypocritical of Manning and Bradley to say that we need to move on from 2017 and then just completely try again with a core of Bradley, Giovinco and Altidore.
    Agreed. But I also think it was more about riding the coattails of 2017 and it applied to players that are not either of those three… even though those three were the real drivers of 2017.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we get Liam Fraser back?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Can we get Liam Fraser back?
    This game sort of encapsulates him as a (still) young player; earlier in the game, Herdman could be heard screaming at him to get back as he was the safety man on a set piece, and he did just in time, as they got a long break. Then five seconds later, he hit a beautiful exit pass.

And then that laser. So, you know, major skill but still a little distracted. Because a national team coach should never have to scream to remind a dude on the national team that he's the safety man.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty amazing to watch a keeper control a game… i wonder if he is available?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That save was bonkers.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think Hutchinson can still play btw

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign him up….

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sign him up….
    Borjan standing on his head.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    This game sort of encapsulates him as a (still) young player; earlier in the game, Herdman could be heard screaming at him to get back as he was the safety man on a set piece, and he did just in time, as they got a long break. Then five seconds later, he hit a beautiful exit pass.

And then that laser. So, you know, major skill but still a little distracted. Because a national team coach should never have to scream to remind a dude on the national team that he's the safety man.
    Have to imagine he'd have rounded out his game a bit more had we not buried him behind Bradley for 4 years... Sigh.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fraser was pretty wonky, I thought. Him picking passes has never been an issue for him though. What a beauty to David there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought Borjan looked off tonight, especially the first half, misread some of the balls in the air and a bit tentative on some of the balls he came for but he sure came up huge when needed.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Doesn't MLSE have modern technology like fax machines to get these signatures on documents? Why do we always have to travel there?
    After the debacle of trying to fax Jonas Hoglund's trade to the NHL, and the fax jamming, MLSE just thought a Private Jet would be money better spent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Salcedo in as dp and soteldo gone

Late night news:Source tells me that Toronto FC has completed its deal to sign Carlos Salcedo from Tigres. The Mexican center back will be a DP for TFC.Ex-TFC DP Yeferson Soteldo headed the other way. He leaves Toronto for Tigres after one disappointing season in Canada.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/1486936360904794112?s=20&t=tFVQ2PVyefJ53b6AbU8Z1Q

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Amir. View Post
    Salcedo in as dp and soteldo gone

Late night news:Source tells me that Toronto FC has completed its deal to sign Carlos Salcedo from Tigres. The Mexican center back will be a DP for TFC.Ex-TFC DP Yeferson Soteldo headed the other way. He leaves Toronto for Tigres after one disappointing season in Canada.

https://twitter.com/samstejskal/status/1486936360904794112?s=20&t=tFVQ2PVyefJ53b6AbU8Z1Q
    If he's a DP that either means no new DP striker or Poz is gone.

I actually don't think Salcedo is going to be a DP. I think he'll just have his salary bought down with a lot of GAM.
    Last edited by James17930; 01-28-2022 at 04:49 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't know what to think about Giovinco coming back, but if he's fit in training, and if Bob Bradley sees a good spot for him, then this must make sense.

The salary will not actually be an issue, and that recent interview with Giovinco was surprising. Perhaps Manning and Co had a chance to speak with him in quiet in the meantime and explain some things.

With Giovinco planning to stay in Toronto anyway, the pay is in fact a gimme. I mean look at the roles of Dero, Jason Hernandez and Justin Morrow with TFC after retiring as players. There were other ex-TFC players that hung around Toronto at least for a while and had somewhat plausible post-player careers. Then there were the real laughers, like Cheyrou, Frings, and others I can't remember, where post-playing-career roles with TFC were announced, yet they barely stayed in Toronto after retiring as players, and were never heard from again in any TFC context. Common thread among all the above: low salaries in their last 1-2 years playing for TFC. Or in the case of Frings' retirement, probably some kind of insurance payout, plus a retirement payout or buyout of his remaining salary, which was also disguised as a bogus job. The wording at the time: "Frings ... will continue to serve TFC in what amounts to a consulting role in Europe" -- LOL. Cheyrou is also a funny story that I remember: supposedly hired as a TFC Academy coach in late Dec. 2017 after playing for peanuts in his final year with TFC, yet I don't know if he ever did anything with the Academy. And in August of 2018 he was already back in France. Probably earned more in the first 7 months of 2018 than he did in his last two years playing at TFC.

With Seba it would be so much easier, since he will continue living in Toronto anyway. Pay him $500k or so for 1-2 years as a player, perhaps plus some performance-based bonuses. (Although then he would get upset if he doesn't get enough playing time.) After that he gets a 5- or 10-year staff contract with TFC. I mean, Hernandez is the "Manager for Player Engagement with Toronto FC." So Seba is then the "Manager for Italian Player Engagement" as he works to keep Insigne and others after him happy in Toronto. Seba's role also includes schmoozing with the folks from Vaughan and their friends in the TFC Premium, Club and Box seats; and other "Ambassador" roles in that community, similar to Dero.

Seba just has to accept that on paper he won't be paid much as a player. Probably that conversation has happened in the meantime, and it remains for Bob Bradley and assistants to confirm that Seba won't pully a hammy in his first game off the bench at TFC.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

I actually don't think Salcedo isn't going to be a DP. I think he'll just have his salary bought down with a lot of GAM.
    Maybe it helps here that Insigne is coming in July. Salcedo as DP for 6 months, then bought down.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

I actually don't think Salcedo isn't going to be a DP. I think he'll just have his salary bought down with a lot of GAM.
    That’s not necessarily true though, is it? My understanding is that it depends on how much he would be making as a DP.