Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems to me they do alright with scouting Argentina.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's been a bit of a run on South America by MLS teams in the last few days if reports are to be believed.

Along with the Impact going shopping down south....

Seattle have Nico Loidero from Boca lined up to sign once Boca are done with the Copa Lib. Sebastian Blanco from San Lorenzo is also apparently going to Seattle for next season when Valdez is no longer a DP. Multi million dollar transfer fees being paid for both players.

Atlanta have apparently lined up their first DP as they are linked with a $2m move for San Lorenzo forward/winger Hector Villalba. 21 years old.

Dallas are also apparently close to signing a forward from Brazil.

Racing Clubs Oscar Romero (who is amazing) has attracted an $8m bid from MLS according to the Argie press tonight.

Should be an interesting window. Pity TFC will be on the sidelines not able to do much

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact are preparing for a Drogba exit. Finally bringing in younger forwards using some of the allocation they have built up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whitecaps expected to announce David Edgar and Marcel de Jong signings this week. Shame about Edgar, he would have been a nice replacement for Perquis as a ball-playing CB (that doesn't destroy our cap) but the timing just wasn't right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We've got a good defensive roster, Whitecaps seem to be adapting a TFC model now, they haven't kept up with the improvements of the other teams in the league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Whitecaps expected to announce David Edgar and Marcel de Jong signings this week. Shame about Edgar, he would have been a nice replacement for Perquis as a ball-playing CB (that doesn't destroy our cap) but the timing just wasn't right.
    I want to say this is a great play by the Whitecaps but I've seen way too many Canadians come home from Europe and be entirely underwhelming. I hope the both of them play well as it helps the CMNT but I have my concerns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

De Jong was with Ottawa after a year (and a late release) by sporting KC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mistercorporate View Post
    We've got a good defensive roster, Whitecaps seem to be adapting a TFC model now, they haven't kept up with the improvements of the other teams in the league.
    no, its the fact that Robbo has gone from super hot to ice cold in his primarily latin american scouting/recruiting model. went from hitting 4/5 to 2/5 and then 1/5 in the five guys he would bring in every year.
    Last edited by Onyx; 07-10-2016 at 07:40 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    @emaquix: BREAKING: Argentine FW Marcelo Larrondo (27) will sign with #IMFC | #MLS #CARC #Central https://t.co/9615At6Ltm
    This is after they've signed Moncasu.

And TFC is going to sign Ricketts. Tsskkkkk....
    bez watching MLS live and CMNT games on TSN is our scouting system

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    no, its the fact that Robbo has gone from super hot to ice cold in his primarily latin american scouting/recruiting model. went from hitting 4/5 to 2/5 and then 1/5 in the five guys he would bring in every year.
    His tactics are still shit. He Built his entire team on Morales dropping deep and spraying outlet passes to fast wingers. That stopped working a year ago.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    De Jong was with Ottawa after a year (and a late release) by sporting KC.
    Ah. So last min playing time at Ottawa but still this has got to be last chance for De Jong for a starter role in MLS. Hope he stays in it.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting if they see him as a LB or LW player... to me the guy has always played more like a winger than a back.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will be interesting if they see him as a LB or LW player... to me the guy has always played more like a winger than a back.

I wish him luck except against us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bez watching MLS live and CMNT games on TSN is our scouting system

Most teams in this league have done no moves so far.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think a lot of teams are waiting until Aug ish to let the European transfer window to settle and see which players are still available then. Cheaper at that point.
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a little off topic but Pelle has signed for a Chinese club as has Papiss Cisse.
    I'd have thought Pelle would have interested some MLS clubs, maybe it's a money thing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pelle is making something like $40 mil over the 2-3 year contract he signed... MLS can't compete with China right now in terms of $$$

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Impact are preparing for a Drogba exit. Finally bringing in younger forwards using some of the allocation they have built up.
    Not that he's the "replacement" but I've been impressed with Michael Salazar. Reminds me of a more skillful Steven Lenhart.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Rosario Central fans seem to think Larrondo will never play a game for Montreal. They think this is all a ruse so River Plate can get him on the cheap. He has a release clause of $1.5m for foreign teams only. RC fans seem to think that Impact have bought him - will loan him to River - who will then eventually buy him from the Impact -River sell the Impact a couple of players on the cheap.

Interesting theory, something to keep an eye on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    His tactics are still shit. He Built his entire team on Morales dropping deep and spraying outlet passes to fast wingers. That stopped working a year ago.
    They have struggled at times but in context they are very close to TFC right now in PPG and they finished pretty far up the table last year despite their usual playoff let downs.

They play predictable football and have been banging their head against the wall for years now looking for a reliable target man but it's not a disaster by any means. Robinson is a middle of the road coach but is well-liked in the locker room.

I'd say they're the definition of an average club for this league.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    They have struggled at times but in context they are very close to TFC right now in PPG and they finished pretty far up the table last year despite their usual playoff let downs.

They play predictable football and have been banging their head against the wall for years now looking for a reliable target man but it's not a disaster by any means. Robinson is a middle of the road coach but is well-liked in the locker room.

I'd say they're the definition of an average club for this league.
    Nobody could have predicted that Kendall Waston who was what, 2nd for Defender of the Year award became absolute garbage this season. Yes, the lack of scoring is a problem for Caps, but they had such a good foundation at CB that's gone to shit. (That, and still haven't solved RB problem, which Edgar might solve?)
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edgar signing confirmed - 18 month deal with an option

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pelle is making something like $40 mil over the 2-3 year contract he signed... MLS can't compete with China right now in terms of $$$

Just seen his wages online, 16 million euro per season is what is being reported. That's crazy money, if I am right he is actually now one of the highest paid footballer in the world.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Nobody could have predicted that Kendall Waston who was what, 2nd for Defender of the Year award became absolute garbage this season. Yes, the lack of scoring is a problem for Caps, but they had such a good foundation at CB that's gone to shit. (That, and still haven't solved RB problem, which Edgar might solve?)
    I'd say they created their own RB problem - although maybe salary considerations forced their hand. Robinson reportedly wanted to keep beitashour but was overruled. Jordan Smith looked okay at first but then fell apart. Aird is a convert and looks shakey. In summary: neither is worthy of a starting role.

Watson has struggled but he has also been targeted by the officials. Not that I disagree with it but I think it's funny that Van Damme is getting away with much of the same while playing for LA.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Edgar signing confirmed - 18 month deal with an option
    Ontario talent goes West...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like backup LB, because their backup LB --- CMNT player Sam Adekugbe -- is going to Europe to get playing time according to their beat writer. Robbo likes offensive fullbacks with the formation they play. Edgar i assume will be 2nd or 3rd CB, depending if they move parker out to RB. Smith is playing better at RB. I think Seba ended the MLS career of the the scottish cdn kid they had at RB, effortlessly going around him time after time. I assume this is finally the end for Pa Modou Kah.
    Last edited by Onyx; 07-11-2016 at 02:32 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

looks like backup LB, because their backup LB --- CMNT player Sam Adekugbe -- is going to Europe to get playing time according to their beat writer. Robbo likes offensive fullbacks with the formation they play. Edgar i assume will be 2nd or 3rd CB, depending if they move parker out to RB. Smith is playing better at RB. I think Seba ended the MLS career of the the scottish cdn kid they had at RB, effortlessly going around him time after time. I assume this is finally the end for Pa Modou Kah.
    Great summary!

also - Fraser Aird.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Great summary!

also - Fraser Aird.
    yes, thats the guy.
    Last edited by Onyx; 07-12-2016 at 01:35 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    So Rosario Central fans seem to think Larrondo will never play a game for Montreal. They think this is all a ruse so River Plate can get him on the cheap. He has a release clause of $1.5m for foreign teams only. RC fans seem to think that Impact have bought him - will loan him to River - who will then eventually buy him from the Impact -River sell the Impact a couple of players on the cheap.

Interesting theory, something to keep an eye on.
    Seriously Bez, Why aren't you doing THIS?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Edgar is one of the few CANMNT players I have complete faith in good pickup for Caps. I bet Ronaldo's injury will accelerate his move to MLS.