Page 90 of 193 FirstFirst ... 4080868788899091929394100140190 ... LastLast
Results 2,671 to 2,700 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    So... no one. Heard.
    im not the gm...but doing some bill manning scouting there are alot of FA DMs that are tam type players,that was a lazy trade,i hope im wrong and we go on a run,i dont mind kaye,but from what ive seen in mls and canada he has regressed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Of course this is about winning in 2023. Insigne won’t be around forever. That move was also about winning in 2023. If we wait for Priso to become the midfielder we need, he’ll be competing against Michael Bradley’s son for minutes. MAK was so good in 2019 under Bradley. If he can do that again now, and with the World Cup coming, we’ll be a very good team. Still need full/wingbacks but we’re getting close now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we judging Kaye based on his play and form since moving to Colorado where he didn't really fit and was surrounded by nothing? Didn't we just have the same chat about judging Poz and his decline because he didn't fit in our system and was surrounded by nothing?
    Last edited by Ultra & Proud; 07-09-2022 at 07:47 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So essentially what we are doing is swapping in Kaye for Delgado. For a long while it was Bradley, Oso and Marky and presumably for the next season or 2 it will be Bradley, Kaye, and Oso. So the cost to go from Marky to MAK is roughly 500K in MLS money (as I believe we got 500 back for Marky), Priso, a draft pick, and an international roster spot. Is that upgrade worth the price? Our two best games this year were MTL and ATL and Priso featured in both, I know I wanted to see how Priso developed but our window looks like it is going to be more immediate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ beat me to it (fast boards) I don’t think it was lazy. I think it was costly. BB rates MAK very highly and wanted him. Priso was the rub for me. Why not anyone else and pay more cam/gam whatever considering what Colorado originally paid. We need to move on and MB needs a reliable back, the team needs CB and FBs oh yeah and Bernie needs to sign… where is that announcement.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Some people from March 2022 to July 7, 2022 - "Management is clueless. They stick to kids who aren't MLS players. We need vets or they wasted the year. Fire everyone."

Same people July 8, 2022 - "Management is clueless. They traded away our future for a MLS vet that knows how to play this system. Fire everyone."
    a little bit of both lol.no team in the world can start 5 - 6 teen acad players and expect results,we still dont have wb,a stud cb and a proper keeper

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    a little bit of both lol.no team in the world can start 5 - 6 teen acad players and expect results,we still dont have wb,a stud cb and a proper keeper
    But the window has been open for 2 days so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

But the window has been open for 2 days so far.
    yup but they had 6 mths to work on targets .hopefully they are lined up and ready to go soon

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love MAK and am fine with the price. I was upset when Montreal got Johnson. I will freely admit to a level of CMNT fanboy irrationality about being excited to see Oso together with MAK out there. Priso is not anything close to a sure thing.

The price of good players moving inside the league got reset when Arriola was sold for 2M this year. Also MAK is now a signed player, which he wasn’t when he moved last summer.

(I am more critical of BB for his handling of Poz, something about that isn’t sitting right. I would have liked to have seen Poz with Insigne.)

Anybody who thinks Manning is in charge of anything… I don’t care what the org chart say, that's over, this week is confirmation of the end of that. Bob Bradley is the real life President/GM/whatever of the club. Manning will in due course leave for some USSF job or whatever. Bob has a pretty unique role in world soccer right now, his sole control over everything with a wallet of this size …. Suspect we are going to see a structure with MB becoming the coach or GM sooner or later, with Bob over top of him.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    ^^^ beat me to it (fast boards) I don’t think it was lazy. I think it was costly. BB rates MAK very highly and wanted him. Priso was the rub for me. Why not anyone else and pay more cam/gam whatever considering what Colorado originally paid. We need to move on and MB needs a reliable back, the team needs CB and FBs oh yeah and Bernie needs to sign… where is that announcement.

We wanted Kaye more then the Rapids wanted rid of him. Priso was the price.

As for this being a like for like with Delgado - Delgado is a shuttler but has issues with link up play while Kaye can pass the rock as a box to box. BTW, if we want to talk about scoring ability in a midfielder, MB is dang awful. Our really only scoring threat in our starting midfield is Oso.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yup but they had 6 mths to work on targets .hopefully they are lined up and ready to go soon
    Well trades within MLS don't really get rolling until the window is open usually and generally a few shoes have to drop before things really get going. Also TFC likes to space moves for more PR opportunities. Might not be the best thing for winning now but this has been their way since day one.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Some people from March 2022 to July 7, 2022 - "Management is clueless. They stick to kids who aren't MLS players. We need vets or they wasted the year. Fire everyone."

Same people July 8, 2022 - "Management is clueless. They traded away our future for a MLS vet that knows how to play this system. Fire everyone."
    To be clear.
    Roll Tide.
    MAK>Priso

Lets get that DP CB this window; go for it even at a choking cost.
    Drop that money on a known quantity of quality.
    Within the league, an international or domestic? Dangle JMR somehow, if warranted.
    With Arsenal, Club Brugge or Liverpool, get that cash and start that car.
    As a sell down, in exchange, try to take from them a lengthy player loan or get the full rights to an under contract CB player of theirs.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    ... CMNT fanboy irrationality about being excited to see Oso together with MAK out there. Priso is not anything close to a sure thing... handling of Poz, something about that isn’t sitting right... Anybody who thinks Manning is in charge of anything… this week is confirmation of the end of that. Bob Bradley is the real life President/GM/whatever of the club... Manning will in due course leave... Bob has a pretty unique role in world soccer right now, his sole control over everything with a wallet of this size …. Suspect we are going to see a structure with MB becoming the coach or GM sooner or later, with Bob over top of him.
    Oso and MAK and even MB, for now, should be enjoyable.
    Poz, I may be reading into... 'it's complicated'... as something more, when something might not be there at all.
    There is a succession plan. What and when...? jloome caused me some pause on this; a rethink.
    Maybe BB stays in his role/s and MB leapfrogs him in position; although I would hate to have to 'Draft Day' my father.
    To me MB may be a big picture guy and has the credentials of football knowledge and experience/playing destinations to engage and entice potential signings.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Oh, and don't forget, the Leagues cup next year is a priority of equal value to this team as CCL.
    Regularly beating LigaMx teams in that competition will be a yardstick in MLS for quality.
    This is mos def part of the equations.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The more I think of the trade and MB role within the squad. I think BB will ride or die with MB for this year get the rest of the squad molded into the team he wants and then transition him out next season as there should be less turnover once

If you look a the big picture MAK cost us Delgado 500k and priso. The rest of the trade is fluff and irrelevant. Where are I think priso has tremendous upside, this team wants to win now and not in 5 years. So it’s the sacrifice they made, my hope is that MAK can find is LAFC form or we will all regret this trade for years

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why are we judging Kaye based on his play and form since moving to Colorado where he didn't really fit and was surrounded by nothing? Didn't we just have the same chat about judging Poz and his decline because he didn't fit in our system and was surrounded by nothing?
    how in the world can you compare his production with Vella, Diommande and Rossi with the current Colorado forwards

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    The more I think of the trade and MB role within the squad. I think BB will ride or die with MB for this year get the rest of the squad molded into the team he wants and then transition him out next season as there should be less turnover once

If you look a the big picture MAK cost us Delgado 500k and priso. The rest of the trade is fluff and irrelevant. Where are I think priso has tremendous upside, this team wants to win now and not in 5 years. So it’s the sacrifice they made, my hope is that MAK can find is LAFC form or we will all regret this trade for years
    Conflation and confirmation bias.

Delgado was running out of contract. We were not going to pay him what he was worth in wages, so we move him while we can. Not related in any way to Priso or MAK. Losing Delgado did not create the need for MAK.

On the Priso front, when will he be starting material? We traded a prospect (yes a highly touted one) for a known quantity that does well in our managers system. This is a win for both us and the players. It was an expensive win, but still a win.

We are not done making moves. The most glaring need is still a DP CDM, this could be coming once Salcedo moves on.
    Last edited by bought with blo; 07-09-2022 at 09:38 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly.

And these moves don't address the MB problem. They actually ensure he will continue here for many more years.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Exactly.

And these moves don't address the MB problem. They actually ensure he will continue here for many more years.
    According to your oh so enlightened and not at all biased opinion.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We traded away our one kid that has any ability and was the only one who could replace the ageing mike bradley.

We didn't address at all the defensive issues. Petrasso and Thompson are not nor ever will be defenders. Chung, McNaugton are not good enough either. Surely you agree our defensive issues and MB issue should be priorities but weren't adressed.

And I don't care about BB's "system". He puts guys out of position like kids getting beat continually out wide, gets rid of legit talent like Pozuelo, and then where we need ball winners that can run tirelessly in the middle of the park, like Priso and Delgado, they get shipped off to not compete with his son. Just calling it like it is. How is Mikey a fit for the "system" by the way?

As for Priso, if they wanted to trade him fro some journeyman 28 year old, fine...but don't make it such lob sided deal...we got fleeced. And all this deal did also was further cement Mikey's "untouchable" spot in the middle of the park.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bought with blo View Post
    According to your oh so enlightened and not at all biased opinion.
    How am I biased? I just want to win.

When does MB not start and why doesn't he ever subbed? He is always gassed in games and that's with doing little running as it is. I get you love Mikey, and that's fine...he was a legend here before and I was a huge fan of his in the past, but he is done now. And should be phased out, not actually being cemented as first on the team sheet no matter what.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When does MB not start and why doesn't he ever subbed? He is always gassed in games and that's with doing little running as it is. I get you love Mikey, and that's fine...he was a legend here before and I was a huge fan of his in the past, but he is done now. And should be phased out, not actually being cemented as first on the team sheet no matter what.
    You repetitively and constantly make the same arguments with little to no variation.

You treat your own opinions as self-evident facts, and circularly argue based on your own opinions.

You make no concessions to the valid points of others. You therefore argue in bad faith.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You repetitively and constantly make the same arguments with little to no variation.

You treat your own opinions as self-evident facts, and circularly argue based on your own opinions.

You make no concessions to the valid points of others. You therefore argue in bad faith.
    Give up on him. He clearly has no interest in the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe ask yourself how many posts you’ve made in the past month expressing the opinion that Michael Bradley is done and only starting because his Dad is the coach - and then ask yourself if continuing to repeat the same opinion ad nauseam, usually in a toxic, disrespectful manner, is contributing to interesting and/or useful discourse on this board.

You don’t like either Bradley. We get it. Consider complaining about something else.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yuushalinsky View Post
    Give up on him. He clearly has no interest in the team.
    Again my good friend Yushalingsky. Why do you always take little passive agressive shots at me dude?

But okay, I'll play along...I apparently have no interest in the team yet will there again tonight with 4 tickets. If I had no interest in the team, I wouldn't be in on seasons, and I wouldn't watch them ever, nor would I post about them.

Frankly, my issue is I care too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No I don't. We can all post our opinions. I am sure many agree with me that MB is past it. And we need defenders. Badly.

If someone makes a valid point, I'll agree. There isn't a "like" function here so it doesn't mean I don't agree.

But you called me biased, so how am I biased? Biased to what?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by dmacd View Post
    Maybe ask yourself how many posts you’ve made in the past month expressing the opinion that Michael Bradley is done and only starting because his Dad is the coach - and then ask yourself if continuing to repeat the same opinion ad nauseam, usually in a toxic, disrespectful manner, is contributing to interesting and/or useful discourse on this board.

You don’t like either Bradley. We get it. Consider complaining about something else.

I'd like some defenders? Can we agree on that at least?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes, you’re right, fans are fickle. The problem is that so is the club. There is no sense of direction. The last three years have been a complete waste of time, pretending there was a mythical great academy lurking behind all the dysfunction. One of the few bright spots was Priso. Time to put that all to bed and buy the best they can get and try to win every year again. They would be better off closing the academy too and hiring the biggest network of scouts possible. Or not, just pick one and stick to it. My hope is Manning leaves soon and the Bradley’s get a full kick at the can. At least it will probably be consistent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I love MAK and am fine with the price. I was upset when Montreal got Johnson. I will freely admit to a level of CMNT fanboy irrationality about being excited to see Oso together with MAK out there. Priso is not anything close to a sure thing.

The price of good players moving inside the league got reset when Arriola was sold for 2M this year. Also MAK is now a signed player, which he wasn’t when he moved last summer.

(I am more critical of BB for his handling of Poz, something about that isn’t sitting right. I would have liked to have seen Poz with Insigne.)

Anybody who thinks Manning is in charge of anything… I don’t care what the org chart say, that's over, this week is confirmation of the end of that. Bob Bradley is the real life President/GM/whatever of the club. Manning will in due course leave for some USSF job or whatever. Bob has a pretty unique role in world soccer right now, his sole control over everything with a wallet of this size …. Suspect we are going to see a structure with MB becoming the coach or GM sooner or later, with Bob over top of him.
    I think you may be right. I can definitely see MB staying with the club post retirement and working in some type of coaching or managerial role, and essentially being the face of the franchise.

Not sure how I would feel about that. Although he definitely has the background and football knowledge, I have heard stories about his personality which suggests he is difficult to work and get along with because of his demanding nature.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We traded away our one kid that has any ability and was the only one who could replace the ageing mike bradley.

We didn't address at all the defensive issues. Petrasso and Thompson are not nor ever will be defenders. Chung, McNaugton are not good enough either. Surely you agree our defensive issues and MB issue should be priorities but weren't adressed.

And I don't care about BB's "system". He puts guys out of position like kids getting beat continually out wide, gets rid of legit talent like Pozuelo, and then where we need ball winners that can run tirelessly in the middle of the park, like Priso and Delgado, they get shipped off to not compete with his son. Just calling it like it is. How is Mikey a fit for the "system" by the way?

As for Priso, if they wanted to trade him fro some journeyman 28 year old, fine...but don't make it such lob sided deal...we got fleeced. And all this deal did also was further cement Mikey's "untouchable" spot in the middle of the park.
    Okay let's go through some of these points:

1) Priso would not be an adequate current Bradley replacement. Bradley is being used at DM as he lost his wheels. Priso is not a DM and that's pretty evident if you've watched him. He will pan out to be a box to box buy like Bradley was from 2014 to 2018. Now we have Kaye to do that job for 4 years so that's done. We need a real DM and Priso isn't it. Also currently Bradley is better than Priso.

2) The window opened 2 days ago. Everything doesn't fall on day one especially intra league moves and there's only so many internationals you can fit in and afford.

3) MAK isn't a journeyman. He got moved once after he found his footing in LA because LAFC changed managers and needed GAM replenishment.