Page 11 of 20 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gmacpheetfc View Post
    I know, I know. But It would be epic to do every away leg of a champions league run. I plan on going to monterrey if we get there; what do you think that turn out could be?
    depends who we get if/when we get to the next round but I'm planning going south for the away leg provided it's in a part of Mexico or some other CA team in a safe area. Sticking to Mexico City, Costa Rica, Jamaica and maybe Panama as the options. Everywhere else can be fairly dangerous for foreigners.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seeing as we should get past Colorado.. Tigres are frickin Scary I think 80% of their starting 11 would be DPs in MLS.. Plus they will be into their Clausura period, hopefully out of form. Perhaps their yoyo trend continues 2015 Ap Champs 2016 Clausura 8th, 2016 Champs, 2017 Clausura 7th, 2017 Ap Champs......

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ummmmm...so our home leg against Colorado is 3 weeks from today, and no word or news yet about tickets??

Am I missing something there?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CBTFC View Post
    Ummmmm...so our home leg against Colorado is 3 weeks from today, and no word or news yet about tickets??

Am I missing something there?
    You talking about SSH or regular sale tickets?

SSH are getting a PDF ticket sent to them via TFC account manager.

Ticketmaster has the following info for a general sale
    Onsale Date & Times

Onsale to General Public
    Fri 02/09/18 02:00 pm EST

Member Additional Presale
    Start: Thu 02/08/18 10:00 am EST
    End: Thu 02/08/18 10:00 pm EST

Presale Offer
    Start: Fri 02/09/18 10:00 am EST
    End: Fri 02/09/18 02:00 pm EST

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone remind me how Colorado made it?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I love my team... but if I go to that Colorado game, it'll be last minute, and only if we have above average weather.

I have been freezing since the Seattle game!
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    Can someone remind me how Colorado made it?
    FC Dallas qualified as both 2016 U.S. Open champion and Supporters' Shield winner, opening a berth for Colorado, the 2016 Supporters' Shield runners-up.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    FC Dallas qualified as both 2016 U.S. Open champion and Supporters' Shield winner, opening a berth for Colorado, the 2016 Supporters' Shield runners-up.
    Lol, right. It's hard at this point to imagine they came in second in anything recently.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lol, right. It's hard at this point to imagine they came in second in anything recently.
    Well after finishing 36 points behind the Reds and second to last in the league last season, it should be interesting to see how the Rapids do. The one factor that could come into play is that both teams will essentially be at the same preparation, having just some off their pre-season compared to if the Reds were facing a Mexican team in the first round.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Well after finishing 36 points behind the Reds and second to last in the league last season, it should be interesting to see how the Rapids do. The one factor that could come into play is that both teams will essentially be at the same preparation, having just some off their pre-season compared to if the Reds were facing a Mexican team in the first round.
    Colorado is just playing a couple MLS teams and some college teams for preparation. TFC should dominate them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This is probably supposed to go in the ticket trader but I am not able to go to the CCL match on the 27th so I will have my SSH tickets up for grabs for that match.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Boddington View Post
    This is probably supposed to go in the ticket trader but I am not able to go to the CCL match on the 27th so I will have my SSH tickets up for grabs for that match.
    I opened up a thread for this over there. Account manager still has a hold on any actions like forwarding or print at home. Anyone know when that comes off?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sidvan View Post
    I opened up a thread for this over there. Account manager still has a hold on any actions like forwarding or print at home. Anyone know when that comes off?
    According to my ticket rep sometime next week was the plan.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so excited man hopefully it warms up LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So after going up by 2 against America we are now down by 3 at 6-3 in the third period. I imagine the altitude is getting to them as they seem to have conceded 3 in quick secession.

Not bad though, managed to put three in the net so far.

Also after reviewing my post it looks as if I'm talking hockey lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds like it turned into a shitshow at the end. This is where I say "just an exhibition" but crying inside.

edit:
    on second thoughts, I'm ok with this, I just hope this was more than just the CA reserve squad. If it was a mix of starters and reserve players, then that's a good taste of what to expect. If it was just reserve players, we're not in great shape.
    Last edited by Detroit_TFC; 02-08-2018 at 01:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club America's twitter actually has videos of their goals. It looks like we're really a step behind, which makes sense given the fact that we're in preseason and America is a few weeks into the season already. They also only landed yesterday, they must be running out of breath.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where was the game?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I’m sorry, but the 4th and 5th goals never happen in a real match. Take it for being an tune up match. A lot of these guys aren’t match fit.

That being said, the first 2 goals off a corner and a cross were a little worrying. Both, especially the 2nd should be dealt with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where was the game?
    Mexico City, pretty sure it was at this training complex

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Holy shit this team looks slow and unfit in those Club America clips

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RealG-TFC View Post
    Mexico City, pretty sure it was at this training complex
    Ah. Yeah, definitely altitude would play into that game. It's rough breathing in Mexico City when you're running. I wouldn't worry about the score too much.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Club America goalscorers (didn't get the times):
    MF Diego Lainez
    FW Darwin Quintero
    FW Andres Ibarguen
    FW Alex Diaz
    FW Henry Martin
    MF Joe Corona (on loan from Tijuana)

All first team players but only Henry Martin is a regular starter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The boys ran out of gas today. They need these experiences and adversity. After a few more matches I'm sure they will start coming together. Altitude and heat takes more then a few days to really adjust to.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We should be pretty optimistic about Colorado. The last game they played was October 22nd. They will be a lot more rusty than TFC on that basis alone. They have also had wholesale player changes this off-season so will be a long way from gelling. With having a better pre-season prep..we should on paper win this home and away in a canter. That being said - anything can happen in this game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Detroit_TFC View Post
    Club America goalscorers (didn't get the times):
    MF Diego Lainez
    FW Darwin Quintero
    FW Andres Ibarguen
    FW Alex Diaz
    FW Henry Martin
    MF Joe Corona (on loan from Tijuana)

All first team players but only Henry Martin is a regular starter.
    I spotted Emanuel Aguilera in one of the videos. He's been starting for them recently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well Seba certainly hasn't skipped a beat

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We really don't need to worry about the result here. Here's Vanney's take on the game:

“I thought for the first 30 minutes—against essentially their first team—we were the better team. We went up 2-0 and scored two good goals; we were able to play through their pressure and had a very good outing. But even in those first 30 minutes, I could tell that the altitude was starting to take an effect on the guys. This is a big change from where we’ve been, so I knew there would be a big change as the game wore on. There are still some things we can tighten up, but in the grand scheme of things I was very pleased with how we dealt with their high press, the chances we were able to create and the goals we scored. On the other end, we stayed solid defensively; we didn’t give up anything.

“We started the next 30 minutes strong and probably played 20 of it quite well. I could start to see some guys fading because of the altitude—we trained pretty hard yesterday, as well. But once they started putting fresh guys out there, you could see our guys starting to decline against the new guys that were picking up the tempo. I think we could have managed the goals we conceded a bit better in terms of our marking and dealing with balls in the air, but I was pleased with the first 60.

“The third period was a struggle physically just to see things out. They were starting to really feel the effects and it became a tough one. Our spacing started to get pulled apart and we weren’t connecting passes in the attacking third, so we were giving them the ball back to them pretty quickly. The great thing about coming down here is that you get punished when you make a mistake. That doesn’t always happen in preseason when you’re playing against college sides and MLS teams, but if you come down here and make mistakes, you’ll get punished. It’s a good reminder of what it takes to be sharp.”

https://www.torontofc.ca/post/2018/02/08/quote-sheet-head-coach-greg-vanney-club-am-rica-friendly

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s really tough running in Mexico City. You get out of breath at a much slower pace than here. Having just gotten there, and still early in our training it doesn’t suprise me we ran out of steam. Unfortunately we probably have to do well there at some point to win the CL.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seems that the friendly vs Cruz Azul is against some reserve squad. Cruz Azul social media not even covering it. I'm slightly concerned that none of these matches in Mexico have been against a starting Liga MX line up. Maybe that was never in the cards due to the Clausura being under way already, but starting to wonder about the quality of these preseason games.