Hybrid View

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    1) Yes. People are waiting for a torrential rain storm. They're desperate to complain. Their expectation is eternal perfection.
    Who? Everyone?
    No.

Some People?
    yes.

Is that your point. Some people are desperate to complain?

Top notch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Who? Everyone?
    No.

Some People?
    yes.

Is that your point. Some people are desperate to complain?

Top notch.
    In case you missed it, my point is that, yes, there's a sizeable (I'll let you estimate) faction of supporters who want the ground share to fail.

And when it inevitably does next year or five years from now or 10 years from now, the I-told-you-so group will emerge.

My take: Grass is a science. It's imperfect. Knowing that, I foresee a day when TFC's pitch is not "top notch" for a weekend or two. I'm OK with that.

I commend TFC ownership for investing in the surface.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In case you missed it, my point is that, yes, there's a sizeable (I'll let you estimate) faction of supporters who want the ground share to fail.

And when it inevitably does next year or five years from now or 10 years from now, the I-told-you-so group will emerge.

My take: Grass is a science. It's imperfect. Knowing that, I foresee a day when TFC's pitch is not "top notch" for a weekend or two. I'm OK with that.

I didn't miss it so much as I summarized it...
    and I don't think it's a point so much as it's a fact...
    But yeah, keep posting.

This is why this thread sucks. It's either people who are way too angry about the ground share, or people who come here to wind them up.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

AS do I. The initial investment in a surface that was top of the league. For our game. Other games have other needs.

I don't get how this is even a soapbox for people. To prevent discussion on the state of the pitch. If you and others are ok with it and don't see a problem, thanks for stopping by and leave your bullshit generalizing somewhere else.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 10-19-2016 at 09:57 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Keep up the good work Kurt. Your coverage and commentary is much needed as some people here take the pitch issue here way too seriously. I think you will know by now some of these suporters types only come out of their mom's basement for games, spending the rest of the time hiding behind a keyboard. I met a few of them once getting dropped off in their mom's mini van at BMO.

In general I do not have any issues with the pitch, but maybe one day it will be who knows. For example Heinz Field in Pittsburgh after getting torn up due to the Steelers and Pitt coupled in with high school games, they changed to turf.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TR-T View Post
    Keep up the good work Kurt. Your coverage and commentary is much needed as some people here take the pitch issue here way too seriously. I think you will know by now some of these suporters types only come out of their mom's basement for games, spending the rest of the time hiding behind a keyboard. I met a few of them once getting dropped off in their mom's mini van at BMO.
    Welcome to the board from one supporter type behind a keyboard.

Glad you aren't too serious. Enjoy the pitch, enjoy the game, enjoy the convo.

I agree on most of Kurts commentary as well. He provides a great insight on many things surrounding TFC for us.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER