Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default CCL Rd of 16 1st Leg- TFC @ Colorado Tues Feb 20 10:00pm Strong Love Never Dies

Have At It People!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If TFC loses this game, I'll be surprised and disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

10 days away... what a ridiculously quick offseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    10 days away... what a ridiculously quick offseason.
    That about sums it up.

The long range forecast (as of today) actually looks decent:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCO0105:1:US

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe we are going to go all out in this match for a big fat win. That way, we can play a few of the subs in the second leg and save guys for the MLS opener and the likely game against Tigres the week after that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't want to be cocky, but it seems like the Rapids are building a USL roster or something. This team will get generally massacred by al the big teams in MLS this year.

Here's a kind of snide rundown on the Rapids offseason done by an Atlanta United blogger/supporter.

https://www.dirtysouthsoccer.com/201...ference-part-1

This stuff rhymes with Ryan Nelsen's move for the great Jeremy Brockie. Imagine a Fijian's reaction to the playing conditions in Denver in February and March.

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...-fijian-winger

The big excitement this weekend is around an older League 1 striker.
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2018/...rd-billy-sharp

Colorado sure haven’t done much to help themselves in the offseason, and the guys the have brought in are all Mo-type signings.
    Last edited by ensco; 02-11-2018 at 05:09 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don't want to be cocky, but it seems like the Rapids are building a USL roster or something. This team will get generally massacred by al the big teams in MLS this year.

Here's a kind of snide rundown on the Rapids offseason done by an Atlanta United blogger/supporter.

This stuff rhymes with Ryan Nelsen's move for the great Jeremy Brockie. Imagine a Fijian's reaction to the playing conditions in Denver in February and March.

Colorado sure haven’t done much to help themselves in the offseason, and the guys the have brought in are all Mo-type signings.
    Sounds like they're building the classic Paul Mariner / Ryan Nelsen team modeled after one designed to fight relegation from League 1. Not to discount that anything could happen in a two game series, but I'm damn glad we've moved far past that attitude towards team construction

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Sounds like they're building the classic Paul Mariner / Ryan Nelsen team modeled after one designed to fight relegation from League 1. Not to discount that anything could happen in a two game series, but I'm damn glad we've moved far past that attitude towards team construction
    Even if you listen to their coach, he seems to be someone who is a nice guy, but was selected more for his English background ("he must know soccer, he has the right accent") than for his experience or technical knowledge. Until recently he was a player /coach. Shades of Ryan Nelson for sure!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ajax TFC View Post
    Yeah, there is a huge gulf opening between teams in MLS right now between the 'have/have nots,' or maybe the 'want/want nots.'

Somebody said in another thread how we are at the point that 1st round Superdraft picks probably don't even make the team anymore ... then I see that New England are proudly displaying the TWO 1st rounders they just signed to deals. And you look at what Colorado are doing to fill-out their roster, or Minnesota ...

Those teams are truly just trying to throw a roster together as cheaply as possible – maybe with one big DP or large contract to make the fans believe they are doing something well – and milk revenues as much as they can. They just aren't doing the same type of due diligence that someone like Bez does to find guys like VV, Mavinga, vdW, etc. And it's sad, because that's really all it takes – effort and diligence, because these guys actually weren't even all that expensive. It's just that those other GMs don't seem to have the capacity to think bigger than what they've always done.

I mean, Kroneke in Denver is super rich, and the guy owns Arsenal ... why don't we see more hook-ups there? I know we all like to dump on Saputo and the Impact, but at least he's creative with moving players back and forth between Montreal and Bologna. What the hell is up with Kroenke? And then of course there's the NER owners and the lip service they give to building a new stadium just to placate the fans, but it's never going to happen.

Soon the smart fans are going to have to see through all this crap and start a movement to stop financially supporting the team until the owners take it more seriously. Stop going to games, stop buying merch. Force a change. Don't blindly follow along.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Even if you listen to their coach, he seems to be someone who is a nice guy, but was selected more for his English background ("he must know soccer, he has the right accent") than for his experience or technical knowledge. Until recently he was a player /coach. Shades of Ryan Nelson for sure!
    I would not come close to painting Anthony Hudson with the same stroke as Ryan Nelson.While Ryan was still a player when Kevin Payne pegged him for the top spot, Anthony has at least coached at both the club and international level.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can't seem to figure this out for sure, do our season tickets cover the home leg? Or do we have to buy CCL separately a la playoffs?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    I can't seem to figure this out for sure, do our season tickets cover this game?

Yes it is, plus the next two Cup home games , either being Champions League and/or The 2018 Voyageur Cup.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Yes it is, plus the next two Cup home games , either being Champions League and/or The 2018 Voyageur Cup.
    Thanks

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Discostu81 View Post
    I can't seem to figure this out for sure, do our season tickets cover the home leg? Or do we have to buy CCL separately a la playoffs?
    I believe they cover two Cup games, so the Colorado game is covered as well as the Quarter Finals of CCL if Toronto gets past Colorado. If Toronto cannot get past Colorado, then the second ticket covers Toronto's first game of the Voyageurs Cup.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_S View Post
    I believe they cover two Cup games, so the Colorado game is covered as well as the Quarter Finals of CCL if Toronto gets past Colorado. If Toronto cannot get past Colorado, then the second ticket covers Toronto's first game of the Voyageurs Cup.

The Colorado game is covered PLUS two additional cup matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    If TFC loses this game, I'll be surprised and disappointed.
    Blow it up!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    That about sums it up.

The long range forecast (as of today) actually looks decent:

https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/USCO0105:1:US
    not looking too warm now...
    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/us.../commerce-city

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by YYZ_Fan View Post
    HOLY CRAP, high of -8 forecast on the 20th, low of -14, 30% chance of snow. Game time is 8pm local, what a load of BS, it's probably going to be -11 by the end of the game, feeling like -15 or something like that. I don't think we've every played a game in such low temps.

The boys will be ready for the altitude from Mexico City, but not for the cold. I'm starting to think Vanney plays less than a full strength lineup for the away leg. If a regular starter isn't 110% fit they shouldn't be playing, at least not for the full 90.

As others have mentioned: total BS that both legs weren't moved to the following weekends for mid-day games where the chance of decent weather is much higher. Or in Florida or something like that.

(And I realize the forecast may still change a couple of times during the next week, but the above weather is definitely within the realm of possibilities.)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    HOLY CRAP, high of -8 forecast on the 20th, low of -14, 30% chance of snow. Game time is 8pm local, what a load of BS, it's probably going to be -11 by the end of the game, feeling like -15 or something like that. I don't think we've every played a game in such low temps.

The boys will be ready for the altitude from Mexico City, but not for the cold. I'm starting to think Vanney plays less than a full strength lineup for the away leg. If a regular starter isn't 110% fit they shouldn't be playing, at least not for the full 90.

As others have mentioned: total BS that both legs weren't moved to the following weekends for mid-day games where the chance of decent weather is much higher. Or in Florida or something like that.

(And I realize the forecast may still change a couple of times during the next week, but the above weather is definitely within the realm of possibilities.)
    Dont u just love it? Love is in the air
    its game day baby wooooooooooooo

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Environment Canada would do that 7 day forecast much better.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post

Not much credence should be put into weather forecasts until three days out and even then things can greatly change, but yes very cold weather with a lot of snow could very well be in the cards for both legs with the Rapids.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know there's not much to talk about, but the weather there (in particular) can change quite a bit in 24 hours. Looking at predictions this far out for anywhere other than a desert or Antarctica is ridiculous. Look at a weather map/radar the day before and make your own calculations.

If you looked at the forecast Saturday evening for what was expected on Sunday, not only did they change it by several hours the next morning, half of the prediction was wrong... not even 24 hours later.

It blows my mind why they even show long range forecasts, let alone why people take the time to look at it. Rant over.

Hopefully everyone will get there and back safe and sound, and we come away with a win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tickets are available for printing in Account Manager, Seasons will be shipped out next week

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

weather is looking favourable for the 27th.
    https://www.theweathernetwork.com/ca...ntario/toronto
    I like the idea of saving some of our warmer weather players (Gio, Victor) for the return leg.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just found I'm gonna have to work all night of the return leg. We better be up 2-3 goals after this one or I'm going to lose it.

Season starts in 7 days. I'm already a wreck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post

Haha, the TFC entry of the haters guide actually made me LOL! Gotta love the logic!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post
    Haha, the TFC entry of the haters guide actually made me LOL! Gotta love the logic!

That is hilarious. I truly appreciate the satire there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    That was pretty funny.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    That logic feels familiar.

Can we be sure that they weren't reading our board for the first 9, years? lol

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Is it traitorous of me to say that Ottawa was the one TFC loss that made me happy? We need all the feel-good stories we can get up here.