Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Any incidents in Montreal?

Translation:
    Sad. 6 TFC supporters attacked a 16 years old boy of our section with their fists and put him on the ground on his back on the way out of the stadium.
    All this just to steal his scarf.
    We aren't surprised. Childish.
    The boy is ok.

Saw that posted on twitter and I was wondering if that's how it went down.

Anything else? Security was pretty abysmal my last two trips there.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a ton of security in the stadium, but it was non existent outside.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If that is true, I wish nothing but the harshest punishments upon the fans that did it. Disgusting behaviour that tarnishes the reputation of the many innocent fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Tic tac tabernak

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn’t see any physical violence but there certainly were a bunch of moronic TFC fans I saw spitting on the vehicles of Montreal fans and hurling insults that far exceeded acceptable banter. I was embarrassed to witness it.

In fact I’m somewhat embarrassed in myself that I didn’t say anything at the time, but didn’t feel I could risk engaging them (just me with my 11yr old kid).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despicable from the fans that did this.

In full honesty, there's a reason I haven't thought to return to Montreal again for a derby game - and it's mostly because of this type of behaviour from both sides.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see anything, but a number of police cars surrounded Viau station for a few minutes. If this is true, those fans must never be allowed at BMO again.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Justin10000 View Post
    I didn't see anything, but a number of police cars surrounded Viau station for a few minutes. If this is true, those fans must never be allowed at BMO again.
    Agreed, hopefully they will be identified. Ban the scum.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. They need to be identified and removed from BMO permanently. If this is a group with prior incidents the group need to be dealt with.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

(Forgot to tag Flamehawk, sorry)

Dude, don't let a few idiots deter you from travelling. I had a great time this weekend, and our away support fully brought it in that dump of a, stadium. I love MTL away trips.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Pathetic. Absolutely pathetic. They need to be identified and removed from BMO permanently. If this is a group with prior incidents the group need to be dealt with.
    Some of the replies to the tweets claim it was Inebriatti

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BenRhodes23 View Post
    The one good thing about when I read shit like this, I know it's never us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would caution on apportioning blame due to those twitter comments. Somebody asked a question if it was one group - somebody else responded with a joke on the name of said group. That's not a claim or otherwise.

Hopefully proof goes to the cops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In those same posts they say they don’t know who it was because they were masked... not too sure why you hate Inebriatti so much Ben, every moment you call them out or alleged incidents or sancations or what not.

We need to present a Switzerland approach, neutral to all conflict and let the powers that be deal with them.

The constant calling out and repeating of what you hear on social media (true or not true) does not help with supporter group relations or unity of supporters groups.

Yes they support differently, respect that.

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    The one good thing about when I read shit like this, I know it's never us.
    agreed, but the tweet doesn’t tell the whole story. Wonderful thing about social media.

1. The dude wasn’t 16.
    2. If this alleged incident occurred, it is possible that it was a boil over from earlier in the day at a pub where the IMFC supporter allegedly head butted the TFC supporter. If the alleged incident did in fact occur it had nothing do with a scarf it was retribution from an earlier assault.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carter View Post
    In those same posts they say they don’t know who it was because they were masked... not too sure why you hate Inebriatti so much Ben, every moment you call them out or alleged incidents or sancations or what not.

We need to present a Switzerland approach, neutral to all conflict and let the powers that be deal with them.

The constant calling out and repeating of what you hear on social media (true or not true) does not help with supporter group relations or unity of supporters groups.

Yes they support differently, respect that.

agreed, but the tweet doesn’t tell the whole story. Wonderful thing about social media.

1. The dude wasn’t 16.
    2. If this alleged incident occurred, it is possible that it was a boil over from earlier in the day at a pub where the IMFC supporter allegedly head butted the TFC supporter. If the alleged incident did in fact occur it had nothing do with a scarf it was retribution from an earlier assault.
    Yeah, I mean I did specifically preface the post when I started by saying "if that's how it went down". I'm waiting to see get more information (why I started the thread) because quite frankly I don't believe one Montreal supporter group as a credible source.

Also, it seems every time Ben repeats something, without malicious intent, he gets jumped on. If anyone is guilty of shit like this, I don't care about supporter relations, I care about a fun, safe environment to support the team. I would hope everyone would call out incidents like this and not hide behind "supporters relations".

All that being said, I have seen litterly nothing concrete as of yet that would indicate the ineebs or any supporters group is involved,
    And jumping to conclusions isn't helpful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, I mean I did specifically preface the post when I started by saying "if that's how it went down". I'm waiting to see get more information (why I started the thread) because quite frankly I don't believe one Montreal supporter group as a credible source.

Also, it seems every time Ben repeats something, without malicious intent, he gets jumped on. If anyone is guilty of shit like this, I don't care about supporter relations, I care about a fun, safe environment to support the team. I would hope everyone would call out incidents like this and not hide behind "supporters relations".

All that being said, I have seen litterly nothing concrete as of yet that would indicate the ineebs or any supporters group is involved,
    And jumping to conclusions isn't helpful.
    I’m not jumping on him, I’m just pointing out an observation in my post. Any time anything has to do Ineebs, it’s regurgitated from social media. Unless you were there or have first hand knowledge of the incident it’s safer not to say group names, etc. That is basic supporter relations, it’s not hiding behind something. But I agree with you about calling incidents such as this IF it actually occurred. Better yet, if you have first hand knowledge of the/a incident don’t post it on social media, call the appropriate authorities. That will be the first step of creating a “safe fun environment to support the team”.

All I’m saying repeating untrue/unsubstantiated claims online doesn’t help anyone or anything.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point, we generally agree. I guess I see supporter relations differently. Topic for another day.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I see your point, we generally agree. I guess I see supporter relations differently. Topic for another day.
    Agreed...

April 28, first tailgate of the year!!! Come one, come all...

Shameless plug!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't intend for it to come across as if I was blaming Inebriatti, nor do I hate them. I love the energy and passion they bring, and I was just simply stating what the people replying were alleging.

Let's just hope incidents like this don't happen anymore and focus on what really matters: supporting the club.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're always name dropping them or spreading what could be false or true bad news.

Second time I've seen you do it.

Nobody condones it, there's bad apples in every supporters group so it is what it is, just hope it's dealt with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"True bad news"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Shway View Post
    You're always name dropping them or spreading what could be false or true bad news.

Second time I've seen you do it.

Nobody condones it, there's bad apples in every supporters group so it is what it is, just hope it's dealt with.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^^^

LOL

Alright that was funny...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I've been to mtl with my wife. She was really scared because of the behaviour of mtl fans trying to steal scarves/clothing from tfc fans years back.

I've gone back but my wife is hesitant to return.
    Mtl fans are no saints and I take what they say with a huge grain of salt as they act like victims but are not innocent.

Either way I don't condone it on either side because I'd prefer a safe enjoyable environment with banter and without violence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sick and tired of you guys steady ripping on your own fellow supporters/groups. Guys its a MTL derby for FS who cares if a group of fans got into a fight yada yada. Were talking about the same Montreal that steady harasses any form of English speaking person they see in there fkn city right? Jeez the amount of times ive been to Montreal and had to defend myself in a fight just because im from Toronto. Stop trying to get too involved people nobody should be judged and told to be " Banned from Bmo" as some idiot on here stated. Grow up its a derby, fights happen trying to expose your own and get people/other groups in trouble is something that doesnt unify or build supporter groups. Keep doing this and the great support we have will fall. This thread should be shut down or any thread that tries to bash our own toronto fc supporters right or wrong.

RPB Member
    Away Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I live in Montreal and not once have I been harassed for being English lol. Fights should not happen. You’ve got the wrong attitude saying “fights happen”. No one should be name dropping any names, yes, especially without proof, but you saying we should “grow up, fights happen” is absolutely the wrong attitude to have.
    Away trips: 2014 - Seattle. 2015 - Montreal. 2016 - Montreal x2. Playoffs - NYCFC, Montreal. 2017 - Salt Lake, Philly, Ottawa, Montreal, Chicago, LA, Atlanta. ​Playoffs - NYRB, Columbus. 2018 ​- Monterrey, MX (Tigres) CCL, Montreal, Ottawa, Montreal. 2019 - ​Philly, Montreal, Seattle (MLS Cup final)

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    Sick and tired of you guys steady ripping on your own fellow supporters/groups. Guys its a MTL derby for FS who cares if a group of fans got into a fight yada yada. Were talking about the same Montreal that steady harasses any form of English speaking person they see in there fkn city right? Jeez the amount of times ive been to Montreal and had to defend myself in a fight just because im from Toronto. Stop trying to get too involved people nobody should be judged and told to be " Banned from Bmo" as some idiot on here stated. Grow up its a derby, fights happen trying to expose your own and get people/other groups in trouble is something that doesnt unify or build supporter groups. Keep doing this and the great support we have will fall. This thread should be shut down or any thread that tries to bash our own toronto fc supporters right or wrong.
    We do not support fighting in or out of stadiums here. This group cares about that reputation and will maintain it.

Meanwhile, your own name-calling is out of line and unnecessary, regardless if you disagree what should be done about those reported above.

Lastly, we won't be shutting down threads that call people out for doing wrong.

A reminder that at this point everything is alleged and I've heard and seen nothing official. Not much to get excited about yet.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by T.O TILL I DIE View Post
    That's one of the most ignorant posts. Yes there have been issues with the two languages in Montreal over the years on issues far beyond anything to do with sports. I have had many great times over the years in Montreal going to games, visiting friends who went to McGill without any issues 99% of the time. My view is if you don't want any trouble don't get involved in any crap, cause any shit. Just enjoy the game and have fun.

It just is not clear exactly what happened so lets all keep an open mind.
    Last edited by Red CB Toronto; 03-19-2018 at 12:24 PM.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Tunnelred View Post
    I live in Montreal and not once have I been harassed for being English lol. Fights should not happen. You’ve got the wrong attitude saying “fights happen”. No one should be name dropping any names, yes, especially without proof, but you saying we should “grow up, fights happen” is absolutely the wrong attitude to have.
    Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    That's one of the most ignorant posts. Yes there have been issues with the two languages in Montreal over the years on issues far beyond anything to do with sports. I have had many great times over the years in Montreal going to games, visiting friends who went to McGill without any issues 99% of the time. My view is if you don't want any trouble don't get involved in any crap, cause any shit. Just enjoy the game and have fun.

It just is not clear exactly what happened so lets all keep an open mind.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    We do not support fighting in or out of stadiums here. This group cares about that reputation and will maintain it.

Meanwhile, your own name-calling is out of line and unnecessary, regardless if you disagree what should be done about those reported above.

Lastly, we won't be shutting down threads that call people out for doing wrong.

A reminder that at this point everything is alleged and I've heard and seen nothing official. Not much to get excited about yet.

Last edited by Red4ever; 03-19-2018 at 12:32 PM.