Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 56789101112 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    There was nobody on the subs bench worth putting in the game in midfield. Ciman allowed us to switch formations and push Auro / Morrow further up the field into a 3-5-2.

I do not like Ciman, but it was a sensical move.
    This.christ its not hard people

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is it. I thought we were going to have to go a whole weekend without a cheap shot on Osorio.
    Sorry to trigger you. He is the third highest paid player, and leading goal scorer from last season. If Altidore played three games and did nothing, many here would wonder what was going on.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    This.christ its not hard people
    Two-and-oh to start the season. I think Akinola and Hamilton are going to keep surprising people. They both look pretty much ready for this level now. Akinola is a dangerous player, which a lot of people predicted for him. Pity he's going with the U.S.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Sorry to trigger you. He is the third highest paid player, and leading goal scorer from last season. If Altidore played three games and did nothing, many here would wonder what was going on.
    Osorio played well today at both ends.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley’s pass to Morrow to set up the winning goal was unbelievable....top rate pass. Way to lead us Captain.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So that was onside because it hit a defender yeh

So all teams need do is put a guy in the other teams box and bounce balls off opponents players

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Leedsoronto View Post

So all teams need do is put a guy in the other teams box and bounce balls off opponents players
    It was weak, but it went off his foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another encouraging team effort with Pozuelo on the horizon. Akinola had an excellent debut.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Observations from the game today.

Good:

Akinola looks a player and is likely our 2nd best striker.
    Osorio had an excellent game. So did Bradlley again.
    Jozy back in his usual clutch - game winning ways. Huge that he has extended.
    Vanney's tactical changes worked.

Bad:
    The banter seems to be around Ciman but the real problem was Mavinga. That was one of the worst penalty fouls I have seen in a long time. If not for the recent rule change that was a straight red card and a penalty. He was positively terrible in the first half. Camera caught Friedl telling them to attack Mavinga and that "he can't run". It might be that the injury has finished him? This is the scary point - with the loss of Giovinco & Vaquez we have been distracted to have to shore up that area and strengthen the attack - when the big problem last year was defence. We are one injury to a 35 year old CB away from a catastrophe.

I thought Hamilton was poor & could have done a lot more.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    Just 3 quick observations:

1. Jozy is Jozy.
    2. Akinola: a nice promise.
    3. Our defense: horrible. Until things aren't changing radically there, we'll need every game at least 3 goals to have any chance for a win.

PS 1: WTF is thinking Vanney when at 2-2, when we need goal(s), he puts in another defender (Ciman).
    PS 2: WTF Ciman? You are a joke so far this season.
    Because we switched to a 3-5-2.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The defender has to play the ball... a deflection doesn't cancel an offside.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice win.

Thought the midfield was really influential in the first half but ran out of legs in the second.

Terrence Boyd leaves me scratching my head at management. Not very good and there are clearly three better strikers already on the team. Lets hope future moves are better thought out.

Despite opening the season with two wins my expectations are set at bubble playoff team. Opposition so far has been weak and we are gifting goals through mistakes. Against the better teams with actual talent we can't afford the screw ups because keeping them off the score sheet to begin with will be challenging.
    Can't judge a team when its best player hasn't played yet and it's second best player has only played 25 minutes. They will add a couple more Tam level players too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Worst play of the day..... the debacle of the starting 11 intros.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Osorio played well today at both ends.
    I never said Osorio played badly, he made a few good passes early in the game, and defended at times. But, he is expected to create a lot more around goal, than his first (4) games in 2019 have shown. On that dummy free kick, his job was to one touch it, but he stumbled trying to use hus favoured foot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nice win.

Thought the midfield was really influential in the first half but ran out of legs in the second.

Terrence Boyd leaves me scratching my head at management. Not very good and there are clearly three better strikers already on the team. Lets hope future moves are better thought out.

Despite opening the season with two wins my expectations are set at bubble playoff team. Opposition so far has been weak and we are gifting goals through mistakes. Against the better teams with actual talent we can't afford the screw ups because keeping them off the score sheet to begin with will be challenging.
    Quote Originally Posted by General Woolfe View Post
    I want my Séba back!

Happy with the result tonight obviously, but that’s a pale imitation of the 2017 TFC. He’ll, it’s a pale imitation of the 2015 side. Thank God for Jozy, we better pray he stays fit. MLSE have had a disasterof an off season and we look weak all over the park.

Auro is awfull, Hamilton is awful, and if they are both areto be starters in this year’s TFC I don’t hold out much hope of a play off run. In fact it’s debatable we’ll even make the playoffs. We’re supposed to believe this dude from Genk will be our saviour, when his record suggests he’ll struggle to replace Vazquez. And still no replacement for Giovinco on the horizon, or is Boyd supposed to be him?

MLSE seem content with a single championship and there can be no doubt they’ve downsized TFC on a major scale. We could’ve kept Séba had we negotiated with him in the off season after the cup win. We should have held on to Betashour who is proving he had two more seasons in him, instead we get a cheap option in Auro who couldn’t defend if his life depended on it. Mavinga has been poor this season with no real back up (other than the coach’s nephew) Moor gets slower with each passing game, and at least if we’d kept Hagglund we’d have a goal threat at set pieces. Osorio has been poor this season, and is certainly not the poster boy MLSE want him to be. An average midfielder at best, as is Chapman.

Youd think I’d be happier we’re 2-0-0 but the signs are not good. We’ve rode our luck so far. The only pluses I can see is Bradley is still our captain, Morrow is still up there with the best left backs in the league. De Leon looks a solid pick up. Akinolo looks promising, and Jozy still can pull out the big goal when needed (although Bradley & Morrow probably deserve more credit for the winner)

Finally, just what is it with Stephen Caldwell? You’d think he was commentating for our opponents TV channel the way he goes on about how lucky we are and every decision should go the way of the other side. He was a dud as a player and equally as bad as a pundit. Please bin this clown ASAP TSN.

RANT OVER... for now
    Wow.

How has pozuelo going to struggle to replace VV? He's younger and better coming from the same league.

Caldwell is fine he just calls it how he sees it.

Auro and Hamilton are not terrible wtf. Hamilton has two goals so far and in Philly he played well despite not scoring.

Why don't you become an alhilal fan or whatever Giovinco's team is called.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Can't judge a team when its best player hasn't played yet and it's second best player has only played 25 minutes. They will add a couple more Tam level players too.
    While I somewhat agree, it would appear our subsequent additions are not going to address our defensive bumbles.

Mavinga gets a pass. He’s been around long enough where I believe he will bounce back.

Having to rely on Ciman or Moor not being healthy, that worries me. Well, that and Buno’s consistency. It’s not going to be too much longer for him to sort things out before we actually find another guy to push him for his spot.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 03-17-2019 at 09:42 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Lol at MlS ruling that equivalent to a directed pass back by the defender. Obviously was a deflection and deflections don't negate offsides.
    Late to this but they are calling it that way in the Premier League too. It’s an absurd interpretation of the rule but that’s how it is being interpreted.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by oranje boven View Post
    Worst play of the day..... the debacle of the starting 11 intros.
    they really botched that tonight

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There is it. I thought we were going to have to go a whole weekend without a cheap shot on Osorio.

Oso was excellent. One of his best games for the club. So was Bradley. Bossed the game. Chapman, although hesitant a few times early on, also played very well as did de Leon.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

its a completely @bsurd interpretation of the rule. They claim FIFA directed this a few years ago - makes no sense given the purpose of the offside rule, but under that interpretation it was correct. I sure hope someone with common sense realizes that it is fundamentally wrong and stops it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty much but I did like the "legend song" bit. And the Wheeler in house analysis at half time.

The anthems were very good (Natasha (?) is excellent).

I would note the people throwing shirts showed up later for the Viking clap - I'm OK with that in the west.

A fun experience

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The team highlight package on Twitter is amusing.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status...954543104?s=21
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why no love for Akinola? He played a very good game.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

4 minutes of added time. This gentleman didn't seem to agree.

What a match.
    Last edited by Brooker; 03-17-2019 at 10:50 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Why no love for Akinola? He played a very good game.
    He played well enough to earn another start next week. His goal was the type rarely seen on this team, a player dribbles past two defenders, and actually takes a shot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty good game. Lots of positives to take away. akinola looks like he belongs, osorio was effective, Bradley dominated, Jozy being his usual self. all good stuff. I wish Hamilton would be a bit more aggressive and hungry. He seems passive and unsure of what to do. Bad in game instincts. I thought chapman was pretty good though.

in general the team played well. Passing had good flow and good build up. An improvenement over the philly game,

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Did anyone else find the tv broadcast really shine a light of freidl being super annoying? Fucking guy sounded worse than a jilted fan out there.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    The team highlight package on Twitter is amusing.

https://twitter.com/torontofc/status...954543104?s=21
    They took it down. What was it?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the supporters section looked and sounded loud and great - just packed back there - are Inebriatti back as it was completely filled behind the goal??

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MKR View Post
    Did anyone else find the tv broadcast really shine a light of freidl being super annoying? Fucking guy sounded worse than a jilted fan out there.
    Did they mic up Toledo or place a mic right beside him? The “shit call” isn’t typical broadcast network sound.