RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Other MLS Games - Saturday March 16 & Sunday March 17

Saturday

Seattle @ Chicago 1pm
    - Chicago doesn't have their new PM for this game. Seattle has been on a roll but its been Colorado & Cinci. What I'm looking at this game? We play the Fire in a few weeks. How good is their defence?

Dallas @ Columbus 2pm
    - Two teams who like to control the ball. What I'm looking at this game? CBus' defence hasn't really been tested yet - should be in this one.

Vancouver at Houston 3pm - Houston at home is way too tough a match for the Vancouver project at this time. What I'm looking at this game? -Signs of what we might face in the Voyageurs

San Jose @ NYRB 3:30pm
    - Pressapalooza What I'm looking at this game? So what happens when a not quite good yet pressing team meets a team that has been pressing for 5 years?

Montreal @ Orlando 4pm - Two teams who can't put together a full 90 minutes. Orlando sucks at first. Montreal sucks at the end. What I'm looking at this game? Signs of who has the better defence.

RSL @ DCU 8pm
    - Two teams with the same record after 2 games but nowhere near the same quality. What I'm looking at this game? RSL's wide attack might show us a bit how to beat DCU's defence.

Minnesota @ LAG 10:30pm - No Zlatan vs. the surprisingly unflustered Loons. What I'm looking at this game? Efrain Alvarez might just fluster the Loons in the second half.

Sunday

LAFC @ NYCFC 3pm - LAFC has been the best team in the league so far. What I'm looking at this game? Can LA do offence in a baseball stadium?

Portland @ Cinci 5pm - Hey, first home game for the Midwest Lions. (Its on DAZN so if you are at a bar pregame & want to see this, you'll have to have an account & your phone) What I'm looking at this game? Are their fans as loud as they say they are?

Philly @ Atlanta 7:00pm
    - Philly without its new DP (who has been less then good). What I'm looking at in the highlights after our game? So is Atlanta what Philly needs right now or Philly what Atlanta needs?

SKC @ Colorado 9pm - What I'm looking at in the highlights after our game? So is all the hype about Colorado being a changed team actually true?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

WOW, the stadium in Chicago looks 75% empty!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    You're being too generous, looked worse than that!

Cornelius with a shocking performance today for Vancouver. They're going to need reinforcements back there.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Orlando sucking at first.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can't wait for SaveTheCrew 2.

This league needs to stop expanding and figure out how to fix its current major markets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

well let's see if BMO is much better tomorrow evening now that the game is a 7:30 and it will be quite cold - hopefully there'll be a good crowd but i do wonder....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree that Chicago needs to get sorted out. They need a new franchise. The current club/location is clearly not working.
    I alkso agree vthat the League needs to stop getting so excited at Mega crowds in Franchise Year 1, and work out how to stop them collapsing in later years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    I agree that Chicago needs to get sorted out. They need a new franchise. The current club/location is clearly not working.
    I alkso agree vthat the League needs to stop getting so excited at Mega crowds in Franchise Year 1, and work out how to stop them collapsing in later years.
    The problem is that Bridgeview has a crazy contract with the league and team, making it almost impossible to get out of that location, or to form a new franchise elsewhere in the Chicago area.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    The problem is that Bridgeview has a crazy contract with the league and team, making it almost impossible to get out of that location, or to form a new franchise elsewhere in the Chicago area.

Yeah it doesn't appear this Chicago problem isn't going to be fixed any time soon. New England should be their next priority. Hopefully DC is good now and Columbus is on their way.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poor, poor Orlando. They've really taken up the TFC first decade mantra of bad signings / decisions.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

DCU is....impressive.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Raheem with a goal for CHI...not sure if I'm losing it but did he not get loaned to Timbuktu?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Poor, poor Orlando. They've really taken up the TFC first decade mantra of bad signings / decisions.
    They look like Barcelona compared to the Quakes
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Chicago and Orlando ... embarrassing.

Also - that DCU goal ... wow.

Also also - I thought their penalty was a bit ridiculous. Arriola stretches out his legs about as far as they can go and is already falling over, then the RSL guy accidentally steps on him and it's a penalty? I though that was a bit unfair.

But the two red cards both seemed right.
    Last edited by James17930; 03-17-2019 at 03:12 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    You're being too generous, looked worse than that!
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil'John View Post
    Not to be contrary but which of those teams are struggling? Not sure we've seen collapse yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Link? I'd love to learn more on that deal. We talk about "Chicago" every bloody year like this and it's frustrating.

Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Yeah it doesn't appear this Chicago problem isn't going to be fixed any time soon. New England should be their next priority. Hopefully DC is good now and Columbus is on their way.
    The league needs a strong Chicago just for population representation. And to get peeps all the way to Bview.

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Raheem with a goal for CHI...not sure if I'm losing it but did he not get loaned to Timbuktu?
    Well Chicago is the most talked about team in the week so far.

And you're not crazy. KJ and Caldwell were breaking his trade to USL this week for roster reasons. Good on them it didn't happen. It was the difference between a poor loss and an utter shame.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-17-2019 at 08:11 AM.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by kodiakTFC View Post
    Can't wait for SaveTheCrew 2.

This league needs to stop expanding and figure out how to fix its current major markets.
    Well there's a case for Chicago but I think the plan is in full swing for Columbus (more of a storied market than a major market IMO). Bez is on the case.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Cornelius with a shocking performance today for Vancouver. They're going to need reinforcements back there.
    Shambolic defending.

Let's talk again about Houston. Right Downtown, team is just out of the Champions League to Tigres but again no Rockets competition for attendance. It was piss poor for a team that put on an exciting show for the chilled, jacketed attendees.

Even the Supporter Shield winners couldn't get a full stadium in NJ. SJ made it interesting to start but showed their flaws and rewarded the Energy Drinking fans that got half naked for their team.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-17-2019 at 08:37 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well poor Orlando supporters. One could say with the signings they've made they've kept eyeballs on them and bums in seats like TFC in their first decade. The difference being TFC didn't even need the flashy signings.

Good on support for the eruption on their first goal that surely wasn't doing much for the outcome. Also points for earning Montreal a red card for their next match against Kansas. Hilarious and could be a difference maker.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 03-17-2019 at 08:48 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post

Also - that DCU goal ... wow.

Also also - I thought their penalty was a bit ridiculous. Arriola stretches out his legs about as far as they can go and is already falling over, then the RSL guy accidentally steps on him and it's a penalty? I though that was a bit unfair.

But the two red cards both seemed right.
    I didn't like what led to the 4th goal. Sure it looked magic but that was shoulder to shoulder for me.

Wazza

What a start.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    Well poor Orlando supporters. One could say with the signings they've made they've kept eyeballs on them and bums in seats like TFC in their first decade. The difference being TFC didn't even need the flashy signings.

Good on support for the eruption on their first goal that surely wasn't doing much for the outcome. Also points for earning Montreal a red card for their next match against Kansas. Hilarious and could be a difference maker.
    Nani = Defoe

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sold out at Nippert Stadium. Welcome to the honeymoon phase, Cincy
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

We play Man City Farm team next. They looked better at home than NE did last week.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

CIncy has been drawing pretty well in the USL for the past few seasons

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Yohan View Post
    Sold out at Nippert Stadium. Welcome to the honeymoon phase, Cincy
    OMG That's a helluva party with Queen City Ohio Darlings FC at Hipster FCs expense. Delicious.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Col v KC was a story of a couple of shocking mistakes from keepers and a great free kick to make it a draw. Not the lopsided match I expected.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    OMG That's a helluva party with Queen City Ohio Darlings FC at Hipster FCs expense. Delicious.
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...us/3199470002/ Check out the story on the march to the stadium in Cincinnati to Nippert Stadium, look at that pic that street is full of Cincinnati FC fans dressed in Cincinnati FC team colours down that road as far as the eye can see incredible!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    https://www.cincinnati.com/story/spo...us/3199470002/ Check out the story on the march to the stadium in Cincinnati to Nippert Stadium, look at that pic that street is full of Cincinnati FC fans dressed in Cincinnati FC team colours down that road as far as the eye can see incredible!
    Pretty impressive. I hope this level of excitement continues for the next few years.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by benito View Post
    Pretty impressive. I hope this level of excitement continues for the next few years.
    Yeah always love the new energy in the league and it is easy to get excited about something new but whether it endures the test of time and future possible low result years will tell what the fans are made of. Hopefully the support for the league stays strong and they don't need a future "#Save FCC" campaign.