Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    he needs to go before the end of the year.

i can't think of any other profession where you could possibly perform this poorly and keep your job.

he's assembled a squad with the biggest wage budget by a distance in MLS, and they are comprehensively in last place, with multiple coaches failing to get half decent results with it.

enough is enough.
    maybe manning is trying to fire him but he cant find him,curtis seems to be hiding since the armas firing presser,he is gutless leaving perez to answer all of the roster questions from the roster he build

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hey Bill and Ali, show some transparency and host a town hall where you can explain exactly why anyone should have faith in you. Stop hiding, be accountable for the most expensive team in the league sitting in last place. Justify the fat extensions you got prior to fucking a club that was a contender.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    he needs to go before the end of the year.

i can't think of any other profession where you could possibly perform this poorly and keep your job.

he's assembled a squad with the biggest wage budget by a distance in MLS, and they are comprehensively in last place, with multiple coaches failing to get half decent results with it.

enough is enough.
    well said

this will seriously damage support if it isn’t dealt with as soon as possible

It’s one thing to be competitive and falls short. It’s another for a $20M roster to capitulate,
    play like they don’t care.

It doesn’t matter how much skill they have as individual players if they’re selfish, arrogant, unwilling to play as a team, always leaving responsibility to someone else or trying to prove theyre Maradona.

A disgraceful group of players, lazily assembled by a GM who clearly has zero understanding of how to build a winner.

I can only feel for the few players with the focus and drive to do their job.

Curtis and Manning have taken the number two club in the league over the last five years and turned it into an expensive laughing stock.
    Last edited by jloome; 08-22-2021 at 12:24 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Woke up hoping to see Curtis and Manning fired, but alas both are still employed. Imagine if they didnt have the highest payroll in the league, how much worse would we be?

Will they be held accountable for this mess by the club or continue to run us into the ground?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hala Hrvatska View Post
    Imagine if they didnt have the highest payroll in the league, how much worse would we be?
    We would be better. The higher paid players are the main issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that's pretty generous! What did he do to earn the + ?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Wow that's pretty generous! What did he do to earn the + ?
    That we didn't get knocked out by some CPL team and reached a final. Haha

Yeah grasping at finding anything positive, there really isn't a notable positive contribution from him this season I can give.
    Last edited by Richard; 11-21-2021 at 04:58 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow. I didn’t think it would actually happen this year. So happy to be wrong.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by mauser09 View Post
    I was expecting him to be kept on in some nominal role, but thumbs up for this move.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I appreciate that they are actually cleaning house.
    Play-by-Play Commentator for League 1 Ontario.
    Twitter (@MartinOmes)
    Road Trips: LA Galaxy, FC Cincinnati, Montreal (x2), Columbus (x3), NYCFC, NY Red Bulls, DC United, Atlanta, and Seattle!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pleasantly surprised, I didn't think Manning would have the stones to do it.

Curtis buried himself with the Armas hiring. Hired a coach with the understanding that it meant the way we played would radically change, but signed no players with the new system in mind. There's no coming back from that kind of clear error in vision.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post

Curtis buried himself with the Armas hiring. Hired a coach with the understanding that it meant the way we played would radically change, but signed no players with the new system in mind. There's no coming back from that kind of clear error in vision.
    That article from Steve Simmons in the Sun about Argos attendance also tanking probably helped force Manning’s hand to some extent.

Don’t underestimate the power of the mainstream press. We were told quite openly that until I wrote that editorial from a right-wing paper saying they should fund BMO, the right-wing members of city council were firmly opposed. They were shocked that right-wing media was behind a public spending project and it may have helped flip a few votes.

My experience has been, and I’m sure Ensco can correct me if I’m wrong, that top suits only push major change when it’s required to divert a threat to their position. Manning knows if he doesn’t get this right, quickly, he’s next.

He knows he can’t depend on Curtis to make the right calls, and he has a built-in potential solution by bringing in Bob Bradley: a guy with proven credentials who is far less likely to fuck up in the dual role, allowing him to concentrate some of his efforts on fixing Argos support.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He then compounded it by giving a TAM deal to a central defender on his last legs and a two-year contract to a striker that hasn’t scored in approaching three full seasons. Everything the guy touched that wasn’t a major spend fell to shit fairly quickly. Gallardo cost them a couple of million over the course of his contract and never made team. None of the youth he hyped heavily over the last two years — Singh, Nelsen and Rutty in particular — was bought by a larger club, so there’s no guarantee more revenue is coming back there.

He’s just been a disaster. IT had to happen, eventually.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's go! An actual offseason like no other is here.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ Yep. And might I add, supposedly there were skeptics of Armas internally before he was hired and he went out of his way to say “this is our guy”

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Now covering Curtis in the off season player/coach thread.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto