Page 48 of 193 FirstFirst ... 384445464748495051525898148 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,440 of 5785
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I mean, I get that Bernardeschi is a well known Series A player and above-and-beyond what we have on our roster. But for the money he would get (and the use of a DP slot) are there not better options? It feels a bit like VDW part 2, blowing good money on a luxury part rather than a position that is a greater need and more influential.

Management just sounds downright lazy if we are going this route.
    I mean, his goal-scoring record in Serie A isn't impressive for a forward, but he's been a starter for Juve and the Italian National team. Not to mention he's 28. Only a handful of MLS DPs have ever come here with such a resume.

I am all for it!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I think Pozuelo would have multiple suitors which would offset that. Plus, no one really knows if we're getting another DP. Different from Laba/Gilberto situation where guys were already signed.
    flip side to that is every GM knows we have deep pockets and the only reason we are getting rid of him is to sign someone else and not a cost cutting measure

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Galaxy would probably be in for Poz. That's the LA Vanney way and he could step in and be an improvement on Vasquez going forward.

Question is how much GAM do they have to spare.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I mean, his goal-scoring record in Serie A isn't impressive for a forward, but he's been a starter for Juve and the Italian National team. Not to mention he's 28. Only a handful of MLS DPs have ever come here with such a resume.

I am all for it!
    He was not a starter for Juve unless it was a cup game or multiple injuries. The only games he started were against minnows and players were hurt

In the MLS with only 3 dps available he’s not a difference maker like seba was for us. He would end up be misunderstood like JDG was when he played here. Very good player, but based on salary he would be a disappoint as he wouldn’t produce. One other thing why would a 28 international want to come to the mls? Are there no options or is it only about money. Which would is a massive red flag

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC/Everton View Post
    I mean, his goal-scoring record in Serie A isn't impressive for a forward, but he's been a starter for Juve and the Italian National team. ...
    As I said, prove to me he's worth it with something other then the teams he's played for.

His assist record is horrible too, btw.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TheGoodson View Post
    One other thing why would a 28 international want to come to the mls? Are there no options or is it only about money. Which would is a massive red flag
    I think there aren't many good options where he would actually play and get paid well and his only other options are to go to lower Serie A, play and not get paid much.

For TAM he would be fine but a total waste of a DP spot.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    As I said, prove to me he's worth it with something other then the teams he's played for.

He is the Italian John Bostock. Will do a lot of runs down the wing and show a lot of skills & tricks but his year end stats would probably look a lot like Schaff's if he got to play every week on his preferred wing.

His plus side: he tracks back, he can pass good, and he is pretty big.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    The picture looks to be in Italy... although he has likely landed if they're making it to a 5pm event.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maybe you would be happier if TFC sent the crew from the analytics department to Brazil and brought us back a fancy little Venezuelan winger with impressive statistics??? Massimo Allegri rates him Mancini rates him, He was never a star player on Juventus but still would tear this league apart .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The picture looks to be in Italy... although he has likely landed if they're making it to a 5pm event.
    TFC social media has a chance to hit it out of the park here today.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Insigne press conference Monday. Criscito announcement Tuesday?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Maybe you would be happier if TFC sent the crew from the analytics department to Brazil and brought us back a fancy little Venezuelan winger with impressive statistics??? Massimo Allegri rates him Mancini rates him, He was never a star player on Juventus but still would tear this league apart .
    I need to understand honestly, why you think he would rip this league apart. How many times have you watched him play? What’s he good at and how we he improve the team.

He’s done nothing offensively in 3 years for juve… at least Seba lit it up when on loan. Just because he’s a talented player you can’t expect him to change the way he plays just cause he’s in the MLS. Again, I’m not saying he is not a talented player. All I am saying is he has never consistently shown the offensive play making or being a difference maker going back to his time at Fiorentina. He has regressed offensively every year he has been at juve. He went over 12 months without a goal.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I need to understand honestly, why you think he would rip this league apart. How many times have you watched him play? What’s he good at and how we he improve the team.
    He might help JJ, Poz, & Ayo rip this league apart because like Section 223, most of our defenders will see him as a threat based on his history and double him just like they will Insigne. Would leave a lot of open space for those other three if he was out there and that's useful.

It's just not DP level useful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    The only player in the world I would ever confidently say this about is Wout Weghorst. It amazes me you have this level of confidence in Bernardeschi.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    The only player in the world I would ever confidently say this about is Wout Weghorst. It amazes me you have this level of confidence in Bernardeschi.
    hahahahhaha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I was down there every week with another 20K people watching Mariner trot out Reggie Lambe, Logan Emory, and Ty Harden in 2012 after 5 years of pure debacle so I don't think we'd be seeing 8 or 9K ever no matter what was out there. Couldn't be worse than those years if they tried.
    Reggie had a few brilliant moments in that era-his goal against Chicago comes to mind

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don’t understand why a lot of people think Bernadeschi would be a bad signing. He’s 28 (which someone said “why would a 28 year old come to MLS ?”) but Pozeulo came when he was 28. Pozeulo also had only 5 goals on Genk in 28 games the season before we signed him and look how good he turned out. Bernadeschi has 1 goal in 28 games, but played for Juventus not genk, is over 6 ft, won a euro (which he came off the bench many games) and he checks back defensively and is a better playmaker than he is a goal scorer. With Insigne and Jiminez doing the goal scoring, Bernadeschi would be amazing setting the up and helping our defence

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Playmakers do assists - his stats don't back this up.

I trust Juve fans who watched him this season. He's not a DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t worry TFC is going to sign him for 6 million for 4 years and I can’t wait to see everyone freak out when he finishes with 6 goals and 4 assists… it will be an epic signing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In more important news - Insigne brought his dog

And said pup is freaking cute

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In more important news - Insigne brought his dog

And said pup is freaking cute
    I think your dog could take it in a fight if it came down to it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I think your dog could take it in a fight if it came down to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don’t worry TFC is going to sign him for 6 million for 4 years and I can’t wait to see everyone freak out when he finishes with 6 goals and 4 assists… it will be an epic signing.
    IMO, and in all fairness, it likely would be a roll of the dice.
    Still, I would take that chance and make that deal.
    What do some say? Go big or go home!
    The marketing ROI alone should cover most of the investment.
    I might go as low as entry level range DP.
    Just by his recent experience, who he has played with and against, should alone rate him well above Salcedo.
    For now I am subscribing to the to the notion shared by some others on the board, that the flanks are more of a challenge and priority to address.
    The spine/middle may be better represented through the North American player pool.

Sometimes I do relish the moments when even Juve Fanatics turn on, tear down and eat their own; some satisfaction with a smile.
    Last edited by Mr. Inbetween; 06-25-2022 at 03:13 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by nick.mastro View Post
    I don’t understand why a lot of people think Bernadeschi would be a bad signing. He’s 28 (which someone said “why would a 28 year old come to MLS ?”) but Pozeulo came when he was 28. Pozeulo also had only 5 goals on Genk in 28 games the season before we signed him and look how good he turned out. Bernadeschi has 1 goal in 28 games, but played for Juventus not genk, is over 6 ft, won a euro (which he came off the bench many games) and he checks back defensively and is a better playmaker than he is a goal scorer. With Insigne and Jiminez doing the goal scoring, Bernadeschi would be amazing setting the up and helping our defence
    It's not that people think he'd be/is a bad player, it's that they think there would be a better use of cap space/DP slots. The big difference between MLS and any other league, where if a player doesn't work out, a big pocket team can just replace them, but in a salary cap league you can't. With only 3 DP slots, you need to hit on all three. Jozy being unplayable for the majority of the time the past couple of seasons, crippled us. If Bernadeschi's impact can be replicated by another TAM player or a different DP can be more impactful, then that is a better use of resources. Say Bernadeschi would be an 8/10 player, it's better to find someone who is a 9/10 or a 10/10. I don't know enough about him to comment on if I think he'd be a good use of resources, but I can understand why some might be hesitant based on prior stats
    Last edited by rydermike; 06-24-2022 at 07:38 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where can I get this dogs jersey?

Mentioned