Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting how smuggling in flares, putting on masks to hide their identity, and setting flares off was "accidental."

It's also interesting how one single person "voluntarily" coming forward and admitting he threw the flare on the pitch (probably after he was already ID'd by the cops) is "cooperating with the club and with police." Especially when multiple people were involved. If cooperation is true, why did they at first deny that they had anything to do with it until they were temporarily banned and presented with video evidence? How is the group "not reponsible" when this is a consistent problem? When they refused again and again to deal with these types of issues?

There's a guy in Columbus who has huge medical bills and will be scarred for life just because he attended a match. How is making members of this group watch some videos on fan behaviour even a remotely comparable negative to the damage they've caused?

I'm sorry, their response shows that they are still evading responsibility.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-25-2018 at 08:35 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Interesting how smuggling in flares, putting on masks to hide their identity, and setting flares off was "accidental."

It's also interesting how one single person "voluntarily" coming forward and admitting he threw the flare on the pitch (probably after he was already ID'd by the cops) is "cooperating with the club and with police." Especially when multiple people were involved. If cooperation is true, why did they at first deny that they had anything to do with it until they were temporarily banned and presented with video evidence? How is the group "not reponsible" when this is a consistent problem? When they refused again and again to deal with these types of issues?

There's a guy in Columbus who has huge medical bills and will be scarred for life just because he attended a match. How is making members of this group watch some videos on fan behaviour even a remotely comparable negative to the damage they've caused?

I'm sorry, their response shows that they are still evading responsibility.
    I have no idea how anyone could think their actions in our nations's capital and on other occasions could be in anyway considered accidental. That notion is completely beyond disbelief.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suggest a "We don't need Hooligans" chant next time.

Bunch of F-ing clowns.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

And then the Inebriatti indicates to free them and let them continuing what they did; they need to pay consequences for actions; it's possible they can create a new supporters group and figure out how not to continue this in the future

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought they were protesting and that's why the south end was dead. I can hear impact fans over the audio. :/

I see a lot of people talking down on them on here and hailing this as a good thing.

Make no mistake the difference is night and day without them.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    I thought they were protesting and that's why the south end was dead. I can hear impact fans over the audio. :/

I see a lot of people talking down on them on here and hailing this as a good thing.

So the rest of us better step up. Inebriatti have been missing for many games already. Still the TFC support was great and loud in many of those games. Life will go on.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Place was loud tonight. They were not missed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    So the rest of us better step up. Inebriatti have been missing for many games already. Still the TFC support was great and loud in many of those games. Life will go on.
    One thing for sure, we need another group in the middle to coordinate the south end.

RPB Member
    Treasurer

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sorry- but go back to the leg 2 semifinal broadcast and you'll hear Montreal away chanting. It's the broadcast, not the stadium. No one could say that game didn't have atmosphere.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To be fair, Montreal is the only fanbase that brings any noise to the stands. And they were into it with the police all night.

Not sure we need to be competing with that.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    It was really loud at the end when the Reds come marching was being sung.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by paul-collins View Post
    To be fair, Montreal is the only fanbase that brings any noise to the stands. And they were into it with the police all night.

Not sure we need to be competing with that.
    they were quite loud throughout the night. It’s great having opposing fans to bring up the energy in the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes I enjoy the energy, but clearly they were going a bit beyond on this night. Cops were everywhere...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just not true at all. When they were there you would hear Montreal start a chant and I would be then drowned out by the ineebs. There was a point where I heard a whole Montreal chat run without a response. My friend even commented on it. It's clear there is a void with their absence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Impact chants were audible in the south, they are missed. Kudos to 112 it seemed to be as packed and lively as it has been all year so that's a good sign.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That's just not true at all.....
    If you were hearing "over the audio". does that mean you were watching from the TV?

I was there.

Acoustics are different in sections but from my section, based on my experience, I've heard louder from up there from them (last year Ex game to be precise) .

From 221, we could occasionally hear the Impact fans but it was indistinct - the music from the country bar was more background noise then they were.

The noise from the south was consistent & heard. Helps with an early goal & a 2017 vintage 1st half. In general, the whole place was doing pretty good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Never heard any Montreal chants from section 123. Also I disagree with inbritti supporter group being missed.
    Loudest South end to rest of stadium is always section 112/113.
    Viking clap and yelling back and forth with section 111 of some french words (secretly maybe they like Montreal, haha)... More people can hear that than anything else any other supporter group section does, on games throughout year. And gets rest of stadium into it.
    Also since the inbretti ban, our players are better. That's all Bono really needed maybe, was concentration and not worrying about a 30 year old lighting up a flare

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldn't necessarily say that. They definitely weren't missed, but I wouldn't say that the stadium was loud. I also wouldn't say that the Montréal fans themselves were loud, either. We did well enough to silence them (both fans and players).

I was at Section 210, and there were many spells where only Kings were going strong with their support. RPB and U-Sector were generally quiet on many occasions with only a few fans joining into many of the chants. We were much louder than this in the Voyageurs Cup final.

I like that U-Sector and RPB are starting to step up with the Inebriatti's "do whatever we do" presence no longer there, but this transition will take some time. The U-Sector capos have finally come back strong after the Inebriatti were banned, and we also have a nice, small pocket of supporters try to fill the void in 114, but the rest of the stand will take time to step up. I've tried to join into chants with RPB yesterday from 210, but it was tough trying to hear what they were chanting on several occasions.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For context, I believe some earlier posters alluded to this since deleted IG post by our very own legend Jozy. He seems to think they are missed in the south. I think some people here are in denial and need to see this. (apologize for the large size)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    For context, I believe some earlier posters alluded to this since deleted IG post by our very own legend Jozy. He seems to think they are missed in the south. I think some people here are in denial and need to see this. (apologize for the large size)
    He was on the pitch. He didn't have to deal with them starting fights with their own supporters.

In this context, jozy doesn't know what he is talking about.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I was listening to a reporter on TSN who said the sound was "slightly" less. This is probably more accurate than the "silence" that Inebriatti fans (members?) writing here would like to think.

I've noticed that 113, which was quiet before (due to intimidation I would think) is getting loud again. Long term it will be a net gain once we fill up 114 with supporters and have the whole south end on one page, instead of separate Inebriatti vs everyone else fifedoms.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-26-2018 at 03:23 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    I was listening to a reporter on TSN who said the sound was "slightly" less. This is probably more accurate than the "silence" that Inebriatti fans (members?) writing here would like to think.

I've noticed that 113, which was quiet before (due to intimidation I would think) is getting loud again. Long term it will be a net gain once we fill up 114 with supporters and have the whole south end on one page, instead of separate Inebriatti vs everyone else fifedoms.
    One thing's for sure. When the bigger matches roll in during the next couple of months, the stadium will be rocking. We've already seen signs of that in the Voyageurs Cup final, and I hope to see this against LAFC, the Galaxy, and Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Meh. For a must win night game vs. our biggest rival it wasn't all that loud. Especially in the 2nd half. Exceptions being the boom boom clap and TFC clap clap clap. Everyone woke up in the 89th for the bounce as well.

One thing that hasn't been talked about is the songs being sung now. Like em or not Inebriatti definitely came up with the best songs. Now we're back to lethargically singing the same songs we were 10 years ago.

You need young blood for a good atmosphere. We lost most of ours with Inebriatti. Maybe I'll be the same 10 years from now but when your supporter's group is mostly 40+ you're just not gonna get that fire for the full 90.

Gonna miss this one.

I fell in love with a girl from Toronto.
    Fell in love with a girl, her was name was Red.
    She’s the only thing I live for here in Toronto,
    Putting silly thoughts of love into my head.

The beer it fills our bellies
    And the smoke it fills the air.
    Have you seen a sight more pretty Than the glowing of a flare?
    We do all this for you
    Just to show our love is true
    Toronto We don’t want another,
    We want to spend our lives with you!

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    Meh. For a must win night game vs. our biggest rival it wasn't all that loud. Especially in the 2nd half. Exceptions being the boom boom clap and TFC clap clap clap. Everyone woke up in the 89th for the bounce as well.

One thing that hasn't been talked about is the songs being sung now. Like em or not Inebriatti definitely came up with the best songs. Now we're back to lethargically singing the same songs we were 10 years ago.

You need young blood for a good atmosphere. We lost most of ours with Inebriatti. Maybe I'll be the same 10 years from now but when your supporter's group is mostly 40+ you're just not gonna get that fire for the full 90.

Gonna miss this one.

We do all this for you
    Flare reference. Typical and ironic.

Actually, the question of their songs has already been addressed in this thread. Different opinions exist it seems:

Quote Originally Posted by molenshtain View Post
    I always thought the songs specific to them were kinda shite tbh. Long, complicated and pretty derivative. Think it definitely contributed to their in stadium influence not really expanding past the dedicated members of their group and to the rest of the south end.
    My 2 cents is that with U-Sector back, we'll see more new songs. They coined most of our classics.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-26-2018 at 08:22 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Loved the effort by the all for one supporters yesterday , and I never heard Montreal by the time our crowd was seated and it is disengeuous to say it is night and day without them . It’s fun being there for the team and the game, not trying to prove who is the best supporter , group or otherwise . Not many have looked into the Columbus incident , but it is beyond horrific . Love the police to look into that , to at least clear the polluted air .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who is being missed Ibeebs,really?

Last game we missed Altridore and Mavinga and we might miss playoffs this year,those are the only things being missed when it comes to TFC right now.
    Move on,not the first time that one SG is gone from the stands,next one will pop up fill the void,stop making something out of nothing,noise is there,was before them,and will be long after they are gone.Next season fill 114 with supporters from other Sgs and that's it.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

RPB Member
    Banners Team

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was nice to see the south end blanketed in red again- never been a fan of the big black hole behind the net. It certainly will not be the ‘same’ without them but that isn’t to say it can’t be better.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any songs that actually were good will stay.

People seemed to like TO olé/ allez. Good tune.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post

Gonna miss this one.

We do all this for you
    Glad someone brought up the biggest point of losing Inebriatti. Its the fact of losing the youth supporters which isnt good for any team sport to get rid of. The new generation of fans is what makes teams live forever. The old RPB and U Sector group in 10 years wont be able to even sing for the first 45 minutes. You already see it now the way RPB fell off years ago what makes you think theyll get better. Without the kids theres nothing and this is coming from a young supporter. Unite the south again and make Inebriatti supporters feel welcomed again. The montreal game was hurting to hear when the away fans seemed louder. My eyes Inebriatti is missed even by the team playeds

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The problem with this "unite the south end" sentiment is that the Inebriatti didn't want to unite with anyone. They were the biggest obstacle. Their way or the highway.

Young people need a * positive * group to be a part of. Either one of the older groups or a new one.

Anyway RPB is anything but exclusive. Anyone willing to support, and also importantly follow our Charter (which is why the RPB hasn't had the same issues) can join us.
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 08-27-2018 at 12:43 PM.