Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    Clearly it was NYRB game plan to unsettle us, and the fuckers carried it out with precision. And the pathetic MLS refs let it get out of hand early. But, even if there is conclusive evidence that Klejstan and NYRB instigated the tunnel incident, it's not likely going to affect Jozy's red if he reacted violently to it. Retaliation always gets punished. Otherwise, what's the argument to be made? ... that Klejstan was going to kill him? and Jozy threw him against a wall in total self-defence cause his life was in danger? Not likely. You could see Jozy was steaming. Personally, i think the best outcome is that Jozy's red gets downgraded to yellow, and he is out one game. I don't even want to think that he could be out for the rest of the playoff run with a red for violent conduct.
    Credit where credit is due, they had a game plan and it worked out (almost) perfectly for them. Act like thugs and hope the referee doesn't call the game closely. Look to get lucky with a bad bounce or two in the crappy weather. They got everything they wanted except for that second bad bounce.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Can we put Vanney screaming “WHY ARE YOU HERE?” on a tifo
    I love this.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by charlieocc View Post
    Can we put Vanney screaming “WHY ARE YOU HERE?” on a tifo
    Motion presented.

Seconded?
    Quote Originally Posted by Chevy View Post
    I love this.
    Seconded.

All in favour?
    I

All opposed.
    *crickets*

Motion carried. Vanney screaming “WHY ARE YOU HERE?” will be placed on a tifo.
    Last edited by Red4ever; 11-07-2017 at 10:23 AM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My worry is the possible retaliation by Jozy to being grabbed by Sacha in the hallway. Sacha may have initiated it but if Jozy's reaction appears more violent because he is a bigger guy then the footage could actually go against us instead of for us. Just depends on what actually happened. You can defend yourself to a point but if it turns into an assault after the initial defending then it is no longer just self defense. Would be good if there was footage of what Hagglund saw though because that would go a long way. Had to be at least one fan filming them coming into the hallway that caught it. I think we will be without Seba and Jozy for the next game for sure. If anything I can only see them making this worse for us somehow. TFC choking seems to be the big drama story that lots of people want right now.

As far as the next game goes, we have our whole midfield and defense intact so defensively we should be just fine as long as we get a decent ref calling the game with no favoritism. If Vazquez and Ricketts can combine at least once to grab an away goal then great. I think we will be ok. Would be great to have Jozy and Seba there but if not I am not too worried. Ricketts will not go the whole 90 though. He hasn't played for awhile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

one last thing I need to add.....Jozy probably shouldn't have bear hugged Adams, but my GOD.....you know that kid shat his pants in that moment. Nice life lesson for the youngster

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Motion presented.

Seconded?
    Seconded.

All in favour?
    I

All opposed.
    *crickets*

Motion carried. Vanney screaming “WHY ARE YOU HERE?” will be place on a tifo.
    WAIT..............I just wanna say ........I love you. carry on

ps. that deserves a Tshirt aswell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I highly, highly doubt the red card is rescinded. But I hope it leads to some appropriate punishment of NYRB players and their coach.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    That was good. Get the impression he doesn't have a lot of respect for Marsch.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Ugh. Bob sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    You could see cops in the videos pulling RB players away from the fight - at one point one of the cops had his arms around Klejstan.

They can lay assault charges. The details escape me, but in a particular brutal NHL hit once when a team was playing the leafs a player was charged and had a warrant out for him the next time he came into Canada. It was at the time deemed a joke at the time "boys will be boys - let the refs sort it out" but in reality it was assault.

See this link for a few others.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2016/02/0...minal-charges/
    Quote Originally Posted by fergiejr View Post
    I'm sure there is footage that was shot from the very beginning. There are loads of people in the tunnel club, and everyone films everything all the time now anyway. The cops probably collected all the footage they needed at the time to see if criminal charges would be required - which I doubt they will - but maybe MLS will also get their hands on this. What we see on social is the leftovers.
    Another question that would get raised though, is what would happen at the border? Lets say Sacha gets charged with assault in Canada. How will this affect him on future trips here for games? I know there are many crimes which make you inadmissable to Canada. I do not know if assault (even though its on an American :P )would be enough to disallow him from entering the country again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    Another question that would get raised though, is what would happen at the border? Lets say Sacha gets charged with assault in Canada. How will this affect him on future trips here for games? I know there are many crimes which make you inadmissable to Canada. I do not know if assault (even though its on an American :P )would be enough to disallow him from entering the country again.
    I can tell you right now Toronto and especially the Crown are going to go nowhere near this in terms of charges. That area of the stadium and for the most part have HD quality security cameras, the FO has the footage they need.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I can tell you right now Toronto and especially the Crown are going to go nowhere near this in terms of charges. That area of the stadium and for the most part have HD quality security cameras, the FO has the footage they need.
    I agree. I don't see any charges happening. I just mean that it brings up an interesting "what if" scenario. I can't think of a situation where an American has committed a criminal offense during a game. I have no idea what repurcussions an event like this would have.

I read somewhere that Sacha and whoever was with him had to 'push' past the police. I am sure if they wanted too, they would be able to lay some charges. I agree though that the police will want to stay out of this incident lol.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS really needs to send a strong message on this. This is so far beyond what is acceptable. Shouldn't just be player suspensions either although there should be. The club needs to be fined too.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, the Toronto sports news will quickly turn away from this topic and shine light on Roy Halladay's death today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-hallada...211714002.html

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree. I don't see any charges happening. I just mean that it brings up an interesting "what if" scenario. I can't think of a situation where an American has committed a criminal offense during a game. I have no idea what repurcussions an event like this would have.

I read somewhere that Sacha and whoever was with him had to 'push' past the police. I am sure if they wanted too, they would be able to lay some charges. I agree though that the police will want to stay out of this incident lol.
    The problem is differentiating between the physical nature of what had been going on in the match and criminal conduct that occurs outside the context of the game. With the red cards being issued the ref determined what had gone on was in the context of the game.

The real question here is what exactly did the ref/officials see? That is what has to be answered for this to proceed.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    Well, the Toronto sports news will quickly turn away from this topic and shine light on Roy Halladay's death today.

https://sports.yahoo.com/roy-hallada...211714002.html
    As it should in every way. It truely reminds you how little/insignificant the events from Sunday truly are in the overall scheme of things.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As it should in every way. It truely reminds you how little/insignificant the events from Sunday truly are in the overall scheme of things.
    Yup.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These rules on appeal are pretty crazy, especially this part

If an appeal is deemed frivolous by the Ruling Body that reviewed the case, then the bond will be forfeited and the Club will further lose the right to appeal any other decisions in that League Season and the next one. Further, the send-off punishment of the player or coach/staff member will be doubled (i.e., an automatic suspension of two (2) games).
    https://www.mlssoccer.com/league/off...view-procedure

I really don't see this getting overturned but could you imagine if it got doubled!! Crazy MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I don't think the FO would pursue this matter if the security video and eyewitness accounts did not vindicate their player. We are talking about MLSE here. I am positive the red card will be rescinded.

Sacha is practically in the TFC change room. There is no way he made a wrong turn.

My hope is that the Red Bulls get a team punishment for this, I would say they play some of their home matches next season in an empty stadium but that already seems to be the case. So it should be a significant monetary punishment.

Lets see what happens.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I seem to recall a few years ago someone from the Boston Bruins almost getting charged for some sort of an on ice hit - during a game. Not sure whatever happened with that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by spe18 View Post
    I seem to recall a few years ago someone from the Boston Bruins almost getting charged for some sort of an on ice hit - during a game. Not sure whatever happened with that.
    Here is a list of the assault charges as of a result of an one ice incident, nothing ever amounted to much even with a conviction.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Violen...ing_in_charges

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was Chara's hit on Pacioretty from like 5-6 years ago. Unbelievably thuggish Bruins team that was.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by redcard View Post
    I don't think the FO would pursue this matter if the security video and eyewitness accounts did not vindicate their player. We are talking about MLSE here. I am positive the red card will be rescinded.

Sacha is practically in the TFC change room. There is no way he made a wrong turn.

My hope is that the Red Bulls get a team punishment for this, I would say they play some of their home matches next season in an empty stadium but that already seems to be the case. So it should be a significant monetary punishment.

Lets see what happens.
    The Redbulls already play in front of an empty stadium so that's not much of a sanction. I'm thinking heavy fines and loss of Superdraft picks. Plus a suspension to that asshole Marsch.

EDIT: Is it possible for a team to have a fine or levy imposed on the TAM? Does anyone know?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post

If an appeal is deemed frivolous by the Ruling Body that reviewed the case, then the bond will be forfeited and the Club will further lose the right to appeal any other decisions in that League Season and the next one. Further, the send-off punishment of the player or coach/staff member will be doubled (i.e., an automatic suspension of two (2) games).

I really don't see this getting overturned but could you imagine if it got doubled!! Crazy MLS.
    What????
    This is humongous bullshit!

Sorry guys, I'm a real die hard TFC fan since TFC was announced, born is Europe, played semi-pro footy, watched well over 100 live games there in a first division when the level of play was higher IMO than now in MLS, watched on TV tons and tons of Euro and international footy, spent 2 years of my life in Toronto, living in the US since 2002, and I need to say this:

If TFC would not exist I would never ever watch any football from USA, Canada, or even Mexico, nothing ever from the Concacaf region....
    MLS is still scum, bush league, Mickey Mouse league, whatever you want to name it, and seriously, it may take still well over 10 years to became a serious league, because it has so many nonsense to it, that pages could have been written about.

Rant ended/ I know my post it's only marginally linking to the main subject in this thread...
    Sorry I am angry and fuming.... but it's the truth above.
    No way in hell that right now MLS in among the best 25 leagues of the world.
    Last edited by PizzaEatingYeti; 11-08-2017 at 02:14 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Red tape aside for a second I think it's patently obvious MLS is top-down talent wise one of the 10 best leagues in the world. You have your top five in Europe, Brazil, Argentina, Mexico, the Championship probably. Other leagues have teams that are better than the best we have to offer but in terms of league wide individual talent it's a hard sell MLS is worse than any league not mentioned.

In regards to the red tape you find frustrating; MLS still nickles and dimes in certain spots for sure (PRO, minimum salaries). This is another one of the ways in which it does so. These are hold-over parts of the rule book that mandate certain things, stuff that even big leagues do, but can't go about in the same way because previous iterations of the league may have found it difficult to handle it. Basically, the league early on couldn't go around throwing fines at teams for doing stuff as simple as egregiously contesting reds like the Premier league does because the teams were too financially unstable. This is another way of deterring teams from doing so. This made sense at the time but maybe doesn't so much anymore.

Say what you will but there's a reason behind the madness. You'll find that all governing bodies in sport do dumb shit like this in one way or another. Look at the FA's Fit and Proper Test for owners if you want to see unnecessary and unreasonable governing at the highest level of the sport.
    Last edited by molenshtain; 11-08-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Dunkers View Post

To me, this sounds as if it is more for cases when clearly the player deserved the punishment, but the team appeals as a joke, or to rub salt in the wound. For example, a player spits on another player, but the clubs appeals just saying "it's okay, because the guy is a jerk"

Our appeal will be based on evidence and a sound argument. Frivolous, by definition, is without serious purpose or value. That cannot be said about this situation.

Will the card be overturned... Who knows. But I am certain there won't be any extra suspension handed out over the appeal

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think the odds of additional punishment, for both teams, is very high. More for the Red Bulls than us, but still, likely for us too.

If you think there is a constituency out there that feels sorry for us here over this, think again.

Go to big soccer, or listen to things like the MLS Extra Time podcast, you will discover that the reaction of a lot of neutrals to this is either that (i) both teams were jackasses, and it is amusing, or (ii) TFC had it coming to them, and good for the Red Bulls, someone finally took on these whining assholes.

We having a league wide rep for diving and whining, mostly thanks to Gio (we love him, but we know it's true) and now everyone hates Bradley and Altidore, too. The clips that everyone sees of this is the Jozy flop, of Gio losing his shit, of Bradley getting carded for whining... not the 2-3 years of getting chopped that led to all that.

Without absolutely compelling video evidence, that can be released, that Altidore was truly jumped, and that his retaliation was reasonable, the league will not rescind Altidore's red card.

I think it's likely that they add to the punishment by adding regular season suspensions or something. Both Marsch and Vanney may get suspensions to send a message about inability to control their teams. Marsch's should be longer, based on what we know.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-08-2017 at 07:28 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I think the odds of additional punishment, for both teams, is very high. More for the Red Bulls than us, but still, likely for us too.

If you think there is a constituency out there that feels sorry for us here over this, think again.

Go to big soccer, or listen to things like the MLS Extra Time podcast, you will discover that the reaction of a lot of neutrals to this is either that (i) both teams were jackasses, and it is amusing, or (ii) TFC had it coming to them, and good for the Red Bulls, someone finally took on these whining assholes.

We having a league wide rep for diving and whining, mostly thanks to Gio (we love him, but we know it's true) and now everyone hates Bradley and Altidore, too. The clips that everyone sees of this is the Jozy flop, of Gio losing his shit, of Bradley getting carded for whining... not the 2-3 years of getting chopped that led to all that.

Without absolutely compelling video evidence, that can be released, that Altidore was truly jumped, and that his retaliation was reasonable, the league will not rescind Altidore's red card.

I think it's likely that they add to the punishment by adding regular season suspensions or something. Both Marsch and Vanney may get suspensions to send a message about inability to control their teams. Marsch's should be longer, based on what we know.
    I kind of wonder how much the league will put into the fact the RedBulls were simply not where they should have been when the incident happened. In a very simplified way you view it as trespassing thus they are the ones who caused this?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I kind of wonder how much the league will put into the fact the RedBulls were simply not where they should have been when the incident happened. In a very simplified way you view it as trespassing thus they are the ones who caused this?
    I don't think the league will take that into consideration, I hope they do, but, nadah