Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Vanney seemed pretty confident the evidence of tapes is conclusive as to what happened. Whether the league does anything is another matter.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If I was a betting man

Both red cards overturned
    Fines for both teams
    Fines for both coaches

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    If I was a betting man

Both red cards overturned
    Fines for both teams
    Fines for both coaches
    And a big fat suspension for Marsch!
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My bet is no reductions or anything of the sort happens. They won't show up Petrescu. They probably need to add some big fines to make a stronger statement about how wrong this was. That's what I expect.

The two videos I have seen are compelling watching, kind of mesmerizing (can we put Vanney yelling “get the eff out of here” on a loop on the scoreboard pre game) ... but really show nothing in terms of who started it.

Unfortunately, Jozy's act late in the first half in that skirmish has sealed his fate. I suspect, even if somehow NY landed the first punch, his retaliation will have been violent enough to keep the red card on the books.

The only way this changes is if some sort of evidence comes out that shows that this was obviously premeditated by NY - if it was, there will be heavy additional fines and suspensions on NY.
    Last edited by ensco; 11-06-2017 at 08:23 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Jack View Post
    What a fucking joke. MLS is a joke.
    It is is. The refs most of all are incredible. They were lucky they did not cause a riot with all the shit calls.

What about the VAR???????

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They let Jozy and Seba be hacked game after game. Jozy because he is bigger then anyone, defenders can do about anything they please, and Seba is routinely hacked and tripped and nothing. It has to get frustrating. AND despite all of this, despite the red card, they still had to call two goals back for them to win. THEN THEY SAY THAT WE ARE LUCKY TO GET THROUGH!!!!!!!!!! What bull shit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    My bet is no reductions or anything of the sort happens. They won't show up Petrescu. They probably need to add some big fines to make a stronger statement about how wrong this was. That's what I expect.

The two videos I have seen are compelling watching, kind of mesmerizing (can we put Vanney yelling “get the eff out of here” on a loop on the scoreboard pre game) ... but really show nothing in terms of who started it.

Unfortunately, Jozy's act late in the first half in that skirmish has sealed his fate. I suspect, even if somehow NY landed the first punch, his retaliation will have been violent enough to keep the red card on the books.

The only way this changes is if some sort of evidence comes out that shows that this was obviously premeditated by NY - if it was, there will be heavy additional fines and suspensions on NY.

not sure what you mean as NYRB players and staff were very clearly in TFC's tunnel area, far away from where they're change room is - if the security video shows NYRB's came after Jozy into TFC area I can't see how they can't reverse the red card and add massive fines to NY

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    They let Jozy and Seba be hacked game after game. Jozy because he is bigger then anyone, defenders can do about anything they please, and Seba is routinely hacked and tripped and nothing. It has to get frustrating. AND despite all of this, despite the red card, they still had to call two goals back for them to win. THEN THEY SAY THAT WE ARE LUCKY TO GET THROUGH!!!!!!!!!! What bull shit.
    this ^ absolutely!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we have a "get the @#$%" out of here! - Greg Vanney" tifo for when Red Bulls come to BMO next season?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Vanney seemed pretty confident the evidence of tapes is conclusive as to what happened. Whether the league does anything is another matter.
    Clearly it was NYRB game plan to unsettle us, and the fuckers carried it out with precision. And the pathetic MLS refs let it get out of hand early. But, even if there is conclusive evidence that Klejstan and NYRB instigated the tunnel incident, it's not likely going to affect Jozy's red if he reacted violently to it. Retaliation always gets punished. Otherwise, what's the argument to be made? ... that Klejstan was going to kill him? and Jozy threw him against a wall in total self-defence cause his life was in danger? Not likely. You could see Jozy was steaming. Personally, i think the best outcome is that Jozy's red gets downgraded to yellow, and he is out one game. I don't even want to think that he could be out for the rest of the playoff run with a red for violent conduct.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by lobo View Post
    Clearly it was NYRB game plan to unsettle us, and the fuckers carried it out with precision. And the pathetic MLS refs let it get out of hand early. But, even if there is conclusive evidence that Klejstan and NYRB instigated the tunnel incident, it's not likely going to affect Jozy's red if he reacted violently to it. Retaliation always gets punished. Otherwise, what's the argument to be made? ... that Klejstan was going to kill him? and Jozy threw him against a wall in total self-defence cause his life was in danger? Not likely. You could see Jozy was steaming. Personally, i think the best outcome is that Jozy's red gets downgraded to yellow, and he is out one game. I don't even want to think that he could be out for the rest of the playoff run with a red for violent conduct.

well i guess we have to wait and see

if, as Nick Hagglund said in his interview on the TFC site, and others have concurred, that he saw Klejstan come into TFC's tunnel area and grab Jozy from behind then one could very well say it was a self defensive reaction.

if there's video evidence and eye witnesses - then we'll see.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by backbeat View Post
    not sure what you mean as NYRB players and staff were very clearly in TFC's tunnel area, far away from where they're change room is - if the security video shows NYRB's came after Jozy into TFC area I can't see how they can't reverse the red card and add massive fines to NY
    If they just wound up there because that's how the fight unfolded, that's one thing. If they stalked them gang-style, and the fight started down there, that's a different thing.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What are the odds of a $50-100K fine levied against each organization by the MLS DisCo as a deterrent to teams mucking it up?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    If they just wound up there because that's how the fight unfolded, that's one thing. If they stalked them gang-style, and the fight started down there, that's a different thing.

agreed

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s becoming farcical how much content about the dust up is on the MLS page, and yet no official word on any review of the incident.
    Really not a good look for the league.
    MLS is looking like shyte right now.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    What are the odds of a $50-100K fine levied against each organization by the MLS DisCo as a deterrent to teams mucking it up?
    This is close to what I suspect is coming.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i watched the replay of the game and i was shocked on how much praise the tsn boys were giving the njrbullshite,especially caldwell drooling over adams and mr push in the back Long,apparently its not a foul when you push somebody in the back in the playoffs .caldwell is brutal ....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    i watched the replay of the game and i was shocked on how much praise the tsn boys were giving the njrbullshite,especially caldwell drooling over adams and mr push in the back Long,apparently its not a foul when you push somebody in the back in the playoffs .caldwell is brutal ....
    I like his commentary generally but he has the same problem as Jason De Vos, a complete inability to see the game as anything but a defender who likes hard play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's probably best to take our lumps and have Jozy serve the suspension for the first game. Best case scenario is the wipe out the yellow/red (whatever was issued in the hall), which would still leave him at 1 yellow for the game in CLB. Could the refs be itching for the first opportunity to give him another so he misses the game in Toronto? That's not something we would want to see.

We can squeeze out some positives in CLB, and even if it is a loss, Jozy and Seba will come back to the home game raging to score 10 goals each, and with our support we could absolutely annihilate CLB.

As for the videos - at this point - who cares. None of them show how it started, and I dont think we've even seen any with Jozy in the video. We see mid way to the end. Woopdeedoo. It's entertaining, and does show NYRB in an area they shouldnt be... but that isn't really helpful. Video would have to be footage we haven't seen yet, including (but not limited too) stadium security footage.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It is is. The refs most of all are incredible. They were lucky they did not cause a riot with all the shit calls.

What about the VAR???????
    Had we not advanced, I honestly believe there would have been a riot. I intentionally stayed off social media until a good 14 - 16 hours after the game in order to not seem like a lunatic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

According to that asshole Marsch post game, Seba was doing all the hacking out there. I'm not sure what he was watching but the Redshits should have been down to 9 men or less.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Miller View Post
    Can we have a "get the @#$%" out of here! - Greg Vanney" tifo for when Red Bulls come to BMO next season?
    THIS!! I would also like to get that audio as a text alert

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    It's probably best to take our lumps and have Jozy serve the suspension for the first game. Best case scenario is the wipe out the yellow/red (whatever was issued in the hall), which would still leave him at 1 yellow for the game in CLB. Could the refs be itching for the first opportunity to give him another so he misses the game in Toronto? That's not something we would want to see.

We can squeeze out some positives in CLB, and even if it is a loss, Jozy and Seba will come back to the home game raging to score 10 goals each, and with our support we could absolutely annihilate CLB.

As for the videos - at this point - who cares. None of them show how it started, and I dont think we've even seen any with Jozy in the video. We see mid way to the end. Woopdeedoo. It's entertaining, and does show NYRB in an area they shouldnt be... but that isn't really helpful. Video would have to be footage we haven't seen yet, including (but not limited too) stadium security footage.

According to multiple sources that I have seen (TSN, Sportsnet, City tv) they sent security footage as well as eye witness testimony from security staff and police to MLS. We will see what happens but knowing this league we will end up disappointed.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    According to multiple sources that I have seen (TSN, Sportsnet, City tv) they sent security footage as well as eye witness testimony from security staff and police to MLS. We will see what happens but knowing this league we will end up disappointed.
    It's interesting if they have police witnesses. Anyone from the club will be thrown out because of bias I'm sure. But a police statement cannot be ignored.

I'm curious about what the police are able to do in situations like these. You have possible assault charges, and a criminal trespass could be argued as well since it is an area of the stadium they aren't allowed to be.

I am not saying charges should be filled, but it creates an interesting "what if" had the police decided to step in.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2007 - Chile

2017 - NYRB

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ESPN's match report indicates they were straight reds, not second cautions.

That means now it's up to the Independent Review Panel, consisting of one representative each from the U.S. Soccer Federation, Canadian Soccer Association and Professional Referee Organization to rescind his red card.
    Last edited by denime; 11-07-2017 at 07:04 AM.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    2007 - Chile
    That was a sad night. I felt pretty bad for them. The ref was pretty harsh on their side, and being teens, reactions to the situation (on field) weren't too surprising. Bummer it carried on outside of the field, but also not too much of a surprise.

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by razor787 View Post
    It's interesting if they have police witnesses. Anyone from the club will be thrown out because of bias I'm sure. But a police statement cannot be ignored.

I'm curious about what the police are able to do in situations like these. You have possible assault charges, and a criminal trespass could be argued as well since it is an area of the stadium they aren't allowed to be.

I am not saying charges should be filled, but it creates an interesting "what if" had the police decided to step in.
    You could see cops in the videos pulling RB players away from the fight - at one point one of the cops had his arms around Klejstan.

They can lay assault charges. The details escape me, but in a particular brutal NHL hit once when a team was playing the leafs a player was charged and had a warrant out for him the next time he came into Canada. It was at the time deemed a joke at the time "boys will be boys - let the refs sort it out" but in reality it was assault.

See this link for a few others.

http://toronto.citynews.ca/2016/02/0...minal-charges/
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

RPB Member
    Vice-President

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Blindside16 View Post
    I'm sure there is footage that was shot from the very beginning. There are loads of people in the tunnel club, and everyone films everything all the time now anyway. The cops probably collected all the footage they needed at the time to see if criminal charges would be required - which I doubt they will - but maybe MLS will also get their hands on this. What we see on social is the leftovers.
    Road Games:
    2013 - Montréal , 2014 - Orlando (Disney Classic), Montréal
    2015 - Columbus, New England, Montréal
    2016 - NYCFC (Leg 2 Conference Semis), Montréal (Leg 1 Conference Final)
    2017 - Ottawa (Leg 1 Canadian Championship Semi), DCU, Red Bulls (Leg 1 Conference Final), Columbus (Leg 2 Conference Final)
    2019 - Montréal, NYCFC (Eastern Conference Semi @ Citi Field), Seattle (MLS Cup Final)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can we put Vanney screaming “WHY ARE YOU HERE?” on a tifo