Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jimiv View Post
    A roof could give them a place to hang new infrared heaters.

That only come on when outside is below 0 and only for a few minutes at a time. City of Toronto Arena rule

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    That only come on when outside is below 0 and only for a few minutes at a time. City of Toronto Arena rule
    just curious, does it specify what counts as an arena, enclosed v open (stadium)? I can see it for enclosed arena's where exhausting carbon monoxide could be an issue.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

stadium hardon

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahhh cookie cutter... don't like it... but it beats our tin can by a mile.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A beaut....and 2000 seats will be reserved for there supporters club

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fuck MLSE. Just went through the pics posted on Facebook today...god damn we get shafted in EVERYTHING.

Players, Pricing, Management...and now stadium.

Where's my god damn roof already?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

boo hoo hoo our stadiums not as nice as theres. They are also trying to entice people to come to their games.

The land bmo is on is crown land, therefore when they were first making it it had to be put by the crown and okd, not to mention the fact that MLSE didnt know how many people were going to follow the club. Its not the greatest stadium but its ours. I sure as shit dont go to the games for the architecture. Im sure thingsll be added in the future, but im sure they want to get a team that draws in people and doesnt lose them first (which is whats currently happening).

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BMO Field already needs to be renovated.

They can start with a storm drain in the tunnel leading to the 112/113 entrance.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm jealous but i'm mostly happy for the Kansas fans. We haven't been through a fraction of what their fan base has been through. If you've followed season ticket holder numbers this rebrand and new stadium has been a massive success, earlier this month they broke 10500. I'd imagine they hit 11000 by their first home date and this number was the capacity of their last stadium and even more impressive when you consider they only has 3000 STH last season!

http://www.kansascity.com/2011/05/04...-believes.html
    Last edited by kodiakTFC; 05-19-2011 at 02:06 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ossington Mental Youth View Post
    boo hoo hoo our stadiums not as nice as theres. They are also trying to entice people to come to their games.

The land bmo is on is crown land, therefore when they were first making it it had to be put by the crown and okd, not to mention the fact that MLSE didnt know how many people were going to follow the club. Its not the greatest stadium but its ours. I sure as shit dont go to the games for the architecture. Im sure thingsll be added in the future, but im sure they want to get a team that draws in people and doesnt lose them first (which is whats currently happening).
    Well I'm just saying it would go along way if they could give us some cover to block from being pissed on by both the clouds and upper management.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ryan View Post
    Well I'm just saying it would go along way if they could give us some cover to block from being pissed on by both the clouds and upper management.
    absolutely agreed

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It's done. Final pics are up. Check out the TV screen.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...68.45625502041

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Brooker View Post
    ahhh cookie cutter... don't like it... but it beats our tin can by a mile.
    It doesn't look like any other MLS stadium to me. When I see this stadium, I see a small EPL facility.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Ruffrider View Post
    It doesn't look like any other MLS stadium to me. When I see this stadium, I see a small EPL facility.
    Love it... no gaps in the corners....roof..ect.ect...its a solid ground!....

We all know BMO was built on the cheap....just in case MLS was a FLOP in TO!!...and they could take it down as quick as they put it up!!..Now that they no thats not the case.....Maybe we will see a face lift in the next few years..

First thing i would do is start by filling in the gaps..in the corners

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will not be viewed here as a popular decision, but once the ownership question is resolved, MLSE will move the club to the Rogers Centre before spending money for a canopy at BMO. The Rogers centre is virtualy next door to the MLSE billion dollar real estate development and ACC, and would probably be sold to MLSE for a bargain basement price (it is losing money hand over fist right now).

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youre right, thats not popular and not terribly realistic

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

youre right, thats not popular and not terribly realistic
    It is more realistic than you may think. A multi million dollar facility on the doorstep of MLSE's real estate empire, they would love to get a hold of at the right price, and TFC's move to the dome would be a certainty. Most of us would not approve, but we don't approve of over priced beer, cold water taps in the food building that are mysteriously shut down during games at BMO, increased season ticket prices each year. Selling piece of maple leaf gardens ice. Yep, this company is not profit oriented at all.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    It will not be viewed here as a popular decision, but once the ownership question is resolved, MLSE will move the club to the Rogers Centre before spending money for a canopy at BMO. The Rogers centre is virtualy next door to the MLSE billion dollar real estate development and ACC, and would probably be sold to MLSE for a bargain basement price (it is losing money hand over fist right now).
    If Rogers are the buyer of MLSE anything is possible. Rogers and Bell have been the only potential buyers mentioned so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The land bmo is on is crown land, therefore when they were first making it it had to be put by the crown and okd, not to mention the fact that MLSE didnt know how many people were going to follow the club. Its not the greatest stadium but its ours. I sure as shit dont go to the games for the architecture.
    I agree whole heartedly. BMO is a place to go sit for 2 hours or so to watch a game. Who cares how physically appealing it is. I don't go there to look at the stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Exactly what I was thinking!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wonder if they built enough washrooms or do they have a Food Building close by too? Nice stadium. Makes me want to do a road trip to see it first hand. Glad to see more teams getting to look like pro teams in MLS with these stadiums. The main thing that kept me from watching MLS before TFC was all of the weird venues and football lines. I couldn't stand it. Nice to see this evolution take place.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by RPB_RED_NATION_RPB View Post
    Love it... no gaps in the corners....roof..ect.ect...its a solid ground!....

We all know BMO was built on the cheap....just in case MLS was a FLOP in TO!!...and they could take it down as quick as they put it up!!..Now that they no thats not the case.....Maybe we will see a face lift in the next few years..

First thing i would do is start by filling in the gaps..in the corners
    Such an unfound comment.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Three things that I love about this stadium.

1) Isolated supporters section at the one end. Supporters get their own place to be supporters with absolutely no grey area.

2) Concert stage is incorporated into the end stand so you don't even know that it's there. I understand the importance of the revenue stream but it's nice to see the optics of it taken into consideration as opposed to Toyota Park etc.

3) Full roof (obviously)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah I agree looks EPL, its really nice, but is it real grass?

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kamara still has a douche hair cut.

But with this stadium and the one in NJ, the one in Salt Lake... football has come a long way in the US. They're getting some proper football facilities.

Question is will KC get better attendance than NYRB?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

it looks a lot bigger than it actually is! It only seats slightly less than 19000. cameras are deceptive in that regard I think!

i refuse to compare to BMO, cuz we're in a different era. And they've learned from all the stadiums that have arrived since. and they had to play in a massive NFL stadium for years..... then they had to play in a little baseball stadium... I doubt many TFC supporters would have appreciated those circumstances for 16 seasons.

Good for MLS. Houston's stadium is on the way. Now we need DC United to figure out their stadium situation, Chivas to find their own home in SoCal, and NE to get into an SSS in Boston. Then move the Columbus Crew somewhere where people care, and everything's looking good.
    Last edited by rocker; 05-21-2011 at 12:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maltese Falcon View Post
    Yeah I agree looks EPL, its really nice, but is it real grass?
    Yes!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Whoop View Post
    Kamara still has a douche hair cut.
    Wow you weren't kidding. Douche is not a strong enough word to describe it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rocker View Post
    it looks a lot bigger than it actually is! It only seats slightly less than 19000. cameras are deceptive in that regard I think!

i refuse to compare to BMO, cuz we're in a different era. And they've learned from all the stadiums that have arrived since. and they had to play in a massive NFL stadium for years..... then they had to play in a little baseball stadium... I doubt many TFC supporters would have appreciated those circumstances for 16 seasons.

Good for MLS. Houston's stadium is on the way. Now we need DC United to figure out their stadium situation, Chivas to find their own home in SoCal, and NE to get into an SSS in Boston. Then move the Columbus Crew somewhere where people care, and everything's looking good.
    You forgot San Jose. They too are supposed get a stadium and move out of the little park.