Page 10 of 174 FirstFirst ... 678910111213142060110 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TFC announced their roster moves. Surprised Okello being cut loose.

https://www.torontofc.ca/news/toront...exf-8lul0ijxgi

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JoesphNdo View Post
    Spin it however you want. His son was respoinsible for an embarassing fuck up (which happens, even the best do this, it is what it is) and his dads post match comments on it spent more time talking about Pozuelo sending him a ball in tight space, an excuse comically detatched from reality which is evident to anybody who watched the goal, than on his sons part who he never directly says did anything wrong. That is not a good look for a father, not at all.

It's not just the public calling out of another player by name and spending more time directly talking about what he did vs his son, but how absurdly poor the excuse was, that are telling here.

Nobody else got excuses like that made for them in a post match presser to my knowledge.
    not sure how you've got this so wrong.

he was asked about MB overall game and brought him losing the ball leading to a goal up.

this is basically as close as he's gotten to blaming anyone for costing a goal all season, probably bc he holds his son to higher standard. bono, westberg, priso, o'neill, macnaughton, thompson, chung, mavinga, salcedo have all made fuck ups leading to goals this year (probably more tbh) and not been named personally in post match interviews (to my knowledge, i do watch most the interviews).

this clip proves the opposite point that you are trying to make.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They need to cut bait on Mavinga there is no number above 200k where is he worth it I’m sorry.
    Last edited by portu; 10-14-2022 at 04:18 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    not sure how you've got this so wrong.

he was asked about MB overall game and brought him losing the ball leading to a goal up.

this is basically as close as he's gotten to blaming anyone for costing a goal all season, probably bc he holds his son to higher standard. bono, westberg, priso, o'neill, macnaughton, thompson, chung, mavinga, salcedo have all made fuck ups leading to goals this year (probably more tbh) and not been named personally in post match interviews (to my knowledge, i do watch most the interviews).

this clip proves the opposite point that you are trying to make.
    It only does if you live in a fantasy land.

Want to walk me through the thought process on how you'd look at that goal and find any culpability on Pozuelo at all, never mind enough to spend more time on him than his son, and more directly?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Good news here:

Goalkeepers Alex Bono and Quentin Westberg, defender Doneil Henry and midfielder Noble Okello will be out of contract at the end of the year and will not return to TFC for the 2023 campaign. Henry remains under contract with MLS after LAFC waived him on July 3, 2022, and he will be eligible to go through Waivers again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Want to walk me through the thought process on how you'd look at that goal and find any culpability on Pozuelo at all, never mind enough to spend more time on him than his son, and more directly?
    you have to be living in a complete fantasy to watch that and believe that he was deflecting blame.

he was the one who talked about it! didn't have to.

your pathological hatred of one of the best players this club has ever had is disturbing.

anyways im muting you as your hatred of MB makes everything you say not worth listening to.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-14-2022 at 04:25 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

anyways onto actual news, looks like there's the possibility of mavinga returning on lower $$. would be decent, depending on the number.

other than that, no real surprises.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

you have to be living in a complete fantasy to watch that and believe that he was deflecting blame.

he was the one who talked about it! didn't have to.

your pathological hatred of one of the best players this club has ever had is disturbing.

anyways im muting you as your hatred of MB makes everything you say not worth listening to.
    If you ever unmute I'll be waiting patiently for you to run me through the thought process on assigning any culpability to Pozuelo for that goal

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Okello is a surprise, but he was absolutely invisible in every game he played this season. Bono finally leaving is bittersweet. He is so handsome and tall. But, really sucks.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Okello is a surprise, but he was absolutely invisible in every game he played this season. Bono finally leaving is bittersweet. He is so handsome and tall. But, really sucks.

Lol!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If you ever unmute I'll be waiting patiently for you to run me through the thought process on assigning any culpability to Pozuelo for that goal
    life's too short.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    if mavinga comes back at like 300-450 Kish that'd be nice. he has his moments and is clearly a positive presence in the dressing room.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Two Keepers going has to be the least shocking decision of this off season. The only thing surprising is that they didn't make it all three.

Edit: I see Ranitsingh still is in contract next year. That explains it.

Also wondering if the seemingly unfireable GK coach is still sticking around?
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 10-14-2022 at 04:44 PM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

if mavinga comes back at like 300-450 Kish that'd be nice. he has his moments and is clearly a positive presence in the dressing room.
    I like Mavinga. He wasn't doing well when going through those family issues but he's been solid since.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the lack of auro decision is interesting.

can someone who understands this stuff better explain why they wouldn't make a decision yet?

could it be bc they could potentially sell him if they exercised the option?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Joseph you can never get through to some of these guys , I admire your patience, I clearly remember that play and watched it several times after Bob said it was Pozuelo mistake, someone would have to be smoking some good shit and be high as hell to blame Poz and clear Michael Bradley of any fault. Keep up the great comments , you clearly are the most intelligent contributor to this site in my humble opinion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Joseph you can never get through to some of these guys , I admire your patience, I clearly remember that play and watched it several times after Bob said it was Pozuelo mistake, someone would have to be smoking some good shit and be high as hell to blame Poz and clear Michael Bradley of any fault. Keep up the great comments , you clearly are the most intelligent contributor to this site in my humble opinion.
    he never said it was a pozuelo mistake though.

that part is completely fabricated. made up. invented.

i made this thread for all you fine folks, please use it for all the MB theories:

http://forums.redpatchboys.ca/showth...-theory-thread
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-14-2022 at 05:03 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

the lack of auro decision is interesting.

can someone who understands this stuff better explain why they wouldn't make a decision yet?

could it be bc they could potentially sell him if they exercised the option?
    Santos had a purchase option on him, that might be why

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will be very interested to see how they approach the GK market, do they go the MLS veteran or international route. Also will they have a clear cut #1 going into the pre-season or will the job be won during it; that will also dictate the type of signings they do and how much is spent. With the November World Cup have a few emerge that they could get. They just have to avoid something similar to the Rais Bolhi disaster that Philly had after they signed him following his stellar performance for Algeria in the 2014 World Cup.

I am high on Luka Gavran, he has great size and knows how to use it. Has great shot stopping abilities. After a year at TFC II and hopefully in my eyes a backup role with the first team the future is bright for him in my eyes, hopefully the FO sees it the same way.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Two Keepers going has to be the least shocking decision of this off season. The only thing surprising is that they didn't make it all three.

Edit: I see Ranitsingh still is in contract next year. That explains it.

Also wondering if the seemingly unfireable GK coach is still sticking around?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Santos had a purchase option on him, that might be why
    makes sense. hopefully they buy him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

makes sense. hopefully they buy him.
    They won't, he barely plays and has been beaten when he does. Not up to that league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono and Mavinga alone should save us enough money to sign three or four decent players.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Bono and Mavinga alone should save us enough money to sign three or four decent players.
    westberg wages are also shockingly high for the backup GK position (313K).

870K a year for the GK we've been getting over the past couple years is shocking.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post

Ali Curtis should be brought back, publicly shamed, and fired again for signing that Luke Singh contract.

This is all-time embarrassing. What the hell was he thinking?

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he never said it was a pozuelo mistake though.

that part is completely fabricated. made up. invented.

i made this thread for all you fine folks, please use it for all the MB theories:

Yes you are correct Bob never says the word “fault “ but the insinuation is that Michael does nothing wrong and Pozuelo does, if you don’t see that watching the replay then I suggest you pick another sport, in my humble opinion

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Section 223 View Post
    Yes you are correct Bob never says the word “fault “ but the insinuation is that Michael does nothing wrong and Pozuelo does, if you don’t see that watching the replay then I suggest you pick another sport, in my humble opinion

for your thoughts.

insinuation is funny when he said MB lost the ball and would be kicking himself as a result. if you take that he blamed pozuelo based on that literal statement i suspect your hearing is being clouded by intense and irrational hatred.

but please, respond in the BB/MB conspiracy theory thread as this drivel is clogging up this thread.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 10-14-2022 at 05:27 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Ali Curtis should be brought back, publicly shamed, and fired again for signing that Luke Singh contract.

This is all-time embarrassing. What the hell was he thinking?
    He saw raw athletic talent, which Luke has a ton of, and translated that to "he'll be great."

He's just a self-deluded flim-flam artist, he really is. He was a highly talented college player then found being a U.S. college striker doesn't really mean much in world football, and yet has managed to be repeatedly pay the price of failure by being promoted.

To be fair, I understand Singh improved a lot playing regularly in the CPL, albeit frequently out of his depth there, too. He might be a professional centre half in a decade or so.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    He saw raw athletic talent, which Luke has a ton of, and translated that to "he'll be great."

He's just a self-deluded flim-flam artist, he really is. He was a highly talented college player then found being a U.S. college striker doesn't really mean much in world football, and yet has managed to be repeatedly pay the price of failure by being promoted.

To be fair, I understand Singh improved a lot playing regularly in the CPL, albeit frequently out of his depth there, too. He might be a professional centre half in a decade or so.
    luke singh at LB vs chiacgo last year (in a game we miraculously managed to win) was the most inept professional appearance i've ever seen from a TFC player.

4 year contract was criminal from curtis.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

westberg wages are also shockingly high for the backup GK position (313K).

870K a year for the GK we've been getting over the past couple years is shocking.
    Isn't Mavinga also guaranteed more than a million? Something like that.

That's $1.9M free already.

Not that they have a lot of wiggle room: A starting goalie, two central defenders, a starting striker, a defensive midfielder. Five players will eat that money and a little more, I imagine.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

luke singh at LB vs chiacgo last year (in a game we miraculously managed to win) was the most inept professional appearance i've ever seen from a TFC player.

4 year contract was criminal from curtis.
    Oh yeah. It was almost like he'd never even watched the game before. He had no idea where to position himself and wound up closer to a central position. I remember two Fire players teaming up to bring the ball into the corner, then looking up sort of puzzled when they realized NO ONE was covering them.