Page 112 of 118 FirstFirst ... 1262102108109110111112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,360 of 3511
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Probably getting ahead of myself here but have we seen enough from Benezet to pull the trigger on a permanent deal? Thoughts?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Areathrasher View Post
    Probably getting ahead of myself here but have we seen enough from Benezet to pull the trigger on a permanent deal? Thoughts?
    yes

gollardo, im not convinced on yet (for the money)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    yes

gollardo, im not convinced on yet (for the money)
    Benzeet hopefully is back.

Gallardo isnt that expensive but didn’t really show anything over a guy like Endoh who makes next to nothing and Laryea could probably be as good or better at RW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, Gallardo is cheap. Only a TAM player cos if the transfer fee which I imagine wasn't much more than half a mill.

Plus the comments Vanney and Curtis made about him when he signed suggests he's a project. I wont be making any conclusions on him till this time next year. Saravino at RSL took a little while to get going in MLS but is clearly a baller. Would hope the same for Gallardo.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yea, Gallardo is cheap. Only a TAM player cos if the transfer fee which I imagine wasn't much more than half a mill.

Plus the comments Vanney and Curtis made about him when he signed suggests he's a project. I wont be making any conclusions on him till this time next year. Saravino at RSL took a little while to get going in MLS but is clearly a baller. Would hope the same for Gallardo.
    I was watching him during a warm-up a couple of months ago and he was killing everything in the shooting drills they were doing. I think he might still turn good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ahh, didn't realise the TAM was for the fee

in that case, Im good with him being a project. His skill does show

its essentially endohs work ethic vs gallarado's talent

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

\
    Well he's on 300k. So it's not Endoh-cheap, but definitely manageable especially if he improves as hoped, and not TAM beyond this year. But Zavaleta is on the same salary so by that standard, he's on an amazing deal.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    Well he's on 300k. So it's not Endoh-cheap, but definitely manageable especially if he improves as hoped, and not TAM beyond this year. But Zavaleta is on the same salary so by that standard, he's on an amazing deal.
    did you have to put me in a bad mood?

to make us feel better:

Richie Laryea $56,250
    Last edited by C.Ronaldo; 10-08-2019 at 10:46 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by rydermike View Post
    It says more about how dire our CB situation is down in the academy (and all of Canada). I won’t be surprised if he or Bono’s claimed at the expansion draft.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noimpactinmtl View Post
    It says more about how dire our CB situation is down in the academy (and all of Canada). I won’t be surprised if he or Bono’s claimed at the expansion draft.
    Bono should be. I hope Zavaleta is for us to get rid of him and his $300K but also so he can go play a bit longer before hitting up USL. He did help us out in 2017.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently we kicked tires on Gotze.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Apparently we kicked tires on Gotze.

Are they dumb? Good player but with that injury history? God. I really don't trust the guys in the front office.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Are they dumb? Good player but with that injury history? God. I really don't trust the guys in the front office.
    That’s an over the top reaction to tire kicking. Nothing wrong with asking the price.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    That’s an over the top reaction to tire kicking. Nothing wrong with asking the price.
    The price was 10M euros a year according to a journo

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I wouldnt trust them if I heard they werent kicking all tires.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About Auro ..

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    About Auro ..

And if you read most of the threads on here you would think he was slightly worse than Zavaleta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think people listen to that moron Caldwell who hates on Auro and think hes actually bad when the stats show otherwise.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennon View Post
    About Auro ..

I like this guy, IMO Auro is good enough for what TFC is paying him, a solid addition to our team, but not THIS good...
    I mean the best RB in MLS according to these stats? WTF??
    If so than these stats are BS, and not reflecting reality. 79% passig accuracy? OK, right, but how many of these were meaningless back passes when he got to the half of that final 3rd (our attacking 3rd of the field), or lateral passes?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had issues with Auro's defending up to and including the NYRB loss. After that, something between him & Gonzalez gelled - his positioning has been much better since.

I still think he doesn't play the ball fast enough at times but he's also getting better at that.

I'm happy with the 4 FB's we have right now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Shouldn't have been interested in the first place. In what universe is he not a DP?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaEatingYeti View Post
    I like this guy, IMO Auro is good enough for what TFC is paying him, a solid addition to our team, but not THIS good...
    I mean the best RB in MLS according to these stats? WTF??
    If so than these stats are BS, and not reflecting reality. 79% passig accuracy? OK, right, but how many of these were meaningless back passes when he got to the half of that final 3rd (our attacking 3rd of the field), or lateral passes?

I don't think he's the best RB in MLS - maybe the most productive, but that's it.
    I'd assume offensive stats weigh heavier than defensive stats.

He's not a bad player - just very delicate.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Congrats to Auro making the best XI, I agree he is delicate for sure but we could definitely do worse (Zav's)
    While checking out the best XI it looks like DC's Hamid take the top keeper position also since we are going up against them next

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 613reppingTFC View Post
    it looks like DC's Hamid take the top keeper position also since we are going up against them next
    He's pretty much the only reason they're in the playoffs at this point.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I had issues with Auro's defending up to and including the NYRB loss. After that, something between him & Gonzalez gelled - his positioning has been much better since.

I still think he doesn't play the ball fast enough at times but he's also getting better at that.

I'm happy with the 4 FB's we have right now.
    I think he’s good but I like Laryea better. He’s well rounded, improving quickly in a position he’s never played before six months ago, and scares the crap out of people with his pace.

I like them both. Have no issue with our fullbacks in general but I think it would be good to find someone more modern to replace Morrow. Get some trade value there while we can.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think he’s good but I like Laryea better. He’s well rounded, improving quickly in a position he’s never played before six months ago, and scares the crap out of people with his pace.

I like them both. Have no issue with our fullbacks in general but I think it would be good to find someone more modern to replace Morrow. Get some trade value there while we can.
    Bingo. Got it right on the money. Trade Morrow while you still have the chance. Go get a good LB (should be our top priority in the off season). New LB, Laryea, Auro and Morgan is good full back depth in the MLS. Adding another good CB with the money from Bono and Zavaleta should be next after that. Last thing is the Bradley situation. If he leaves (hope he stays), gotta find someone that will fill those huge shoes. If he stays at TAM, I’d look for an upgrade over Delgado as our 8. Box to box DP.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TFC1154ever View Post
    Bingo. Got it right on the money. Trade Morrow while you still have the chance. Go get a good LB (should be our top priority in the off season). New LB, Laryea, Auro and Morgan is good full back depth in the MLS. Adding another good CB with the money from Bono and Zavaleta should be next after that. Last thing is the Bradley situation. If he leaves (hope he stays), gotta find someone that will fill those huge shoes. If he stays at TAM, I’d look for an upgrade over Delgado as our 8. Box to box DP.
    Dont waste a dp spot on a cm. Especially with jozy injured galf the time. Get a rich mans janson as a dp a guy who can play the wing or as a striker.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

I prefer Laryea at RB tbh. But I didn't mind Auro at LB. Thought he did well there too

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If Bradley goes, we are going to need a destroyer with passing skills.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Shouldn't have been interested in the first place. In what universe is he not a DP?
    What?

He's a 28 year old world XI player with an injury history. Without that history, he'd make 25M a year.

At 4M a year he'd have serious interest from 6 MLS teams.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”