Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day 33 - TFC @ Chicago Sunday Sept 29 5pm - Let's Dance the Last Dance

Last game ever in Bridgeland

Have at It People
    Last edited by OgtheDim; 09-23-2019 at 02:28 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Let's give them a shitty way to go out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I fear this game now - everybody but Bradley & Gonzalez look mentally or physically tired.

I also think its time to give Mavinga a rest.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    I fear this game now - everybody but Bradley & Gonzalez look mentally or physically tired.

I'm afraid of seeing what happened in 2018 all over again, from losing a key match on penalties. Hopefully the team can turn it around.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Westburg
    Auro-Omar-Ciman-Morrow
    Delgado-Bradley-Poz
    Endoh-Jozy-Gallardo

Would be my 11. Rest Laryea who has played a lot lately, Need Morrow to play 90 and Auro should be fresh. Hopefully Benezet can come in as a sub and then start the final game. I think he might be our new VV.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Westburg
    Auro-Omar-Ciman-Morrow
    Delgado-Bradley-Poz
    Endoh-Jozy-Gallardo

Would be my 11. Rest Laryea who has played a lot lately, Need Morrow to play 90 and Auro should be fresh. Hopefully Benezet can come in as a sub and then start the final game. I think he might be our new VV.
    The look Jozy gave before and after the penalties leads me to believe we've probably seen the last of him until the playoffs. If Benzet is good to play 60 minutes I would start him over Poz too for a rest.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    The look Jozy gave before and after the penalties leads me to believe we've probably seen the last of him until the playoffs. If Benzet is good to play 60 minutes I would start him over Poz too for a rest.
    really good idea. player management is going to be so key to get beyond game 1 of the playoffs where ever it is we start.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad it's on Sunday, at least one extra day rest, FWIW.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

im excited to see what Layrea & Endoh can do with with their new found confidence

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

All I ask is no Zavaleta.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I honestly think we should rest Pozo for this one, maybe Jozy too. They're gassed

Westberg; Morrow, Gonzalez, Ciman, Auro; Osorio, Bradley, Delgado; Endoh, Mullins, Gallardo

Then start our strongest XI (which I think, assuming Benezet is healthy, is the one against Colorado) for the home finale

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    All I ask is no Zavaleta.
    LOL. Hopefully nephew is done for good.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by C.Ronaldo View Post
    im excited to see what Layrea & Endoh can do with with their new found confidence
    Agreed. Both were really solid on Wednesday. I am not sure why Laryea was subbed off for Auro (who got lucky on the handball).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DavemTFC View Post
    I honestly think we should rest Pozo for this one, maybe Jozy too. They're gassed

Westberg; Morrow, Gonzalez, Ciman, Auro; Osorio, Bradley, Delgado; Endoh, Mullins, Gallardo

Then start our strongest XI (which I think, assuming Benezet is healthy, is the one against Colorado) for the home finale
    We need to win the last two games to have a chance at a 4th place finish, and a home game in the first round of the playoffs. There's no time to rest anyone at this point. All hands on deck. DC is not going to go sleepy into the next two rounds, so we can't either.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

These last two games are exhibition games. Pozo and Altidore should probably be sent to Florida for two weeks to get some rest. Bradley needs some real rest here too.

Who cares about 4th? Seriously.

What is the difference between 3 or 4 road games?

Tied playoff games go 120 minutes. You think the guys look tired now? Imagine what they will look like in round two if they have to go to extra time.

Mail it in. Work on things. Get guys rested, or get some minutes to some key backups (eg Mullins, Ciman).
    Last edited by ensco; 09-27-2019 at 10:51 AM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

BTW, the odds are that the MLS champion will have to win at least once in penalties. So there is that to look forward to.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    These last two games are exhibition games. Pozo and Altidore should probably be sent to Florida for two weeks to get some rest. Bradley needs some real rest here too.

Tied playoff games go 120 minutes. You think the guys look tired now? Imagine what they will look like in round two if they have to go to extra time.

Mail it in. Work on things. Get guys rested, or get some minutes to some key backups (eg Mullins, Ciman).
    What's the take for hosting a playoff game at BMO? Lol.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bill Manning. Reason? $$$$

Logically, I agree, it makes more sense to rest players given that there's no momentum any way. Pozuelo and Jozy are running on fumes. But money talks so Vanney is probably on orders not to mail it in.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Super View Post
    We need to win the last two games to have a chance at a 4th place finish, and a home game in the first round of the playoffs. There's no time to rest anyone at this point. All hands on deck. DC is not going to go sleepy into the next two rounds, so we can't either.
    A home game would be nice, but I'd honestly prefer 6th or 7th. The road doesn't worry me, and I'd rather play the winner of 2/7 or 3/6 depending on where we finish, rather than go to a rested 1 if we won the 4/5 game. Finishing 5th is worst case scenario in my mind - no home game and going to a rested 1 seed if you win (although I do think this team can beat NYCFC).
    TFC management changes: "like adding a new fish to your aquarium of failure." - Shakes

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Canary10 View Post
    What's the take for hosting a playoff game at BMO? Lol.
    True that. Call it average $75 a ticket, for 25K... that’s a couple of million bucks.

OK I change my prediction. Everybody will start in Chicago.

Sigh

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looks like I shouldn't have taken so long to type up my BRILLIANT post. haha. Can't wait to see us take out Chicago...
    Last edited by Graeme; 09-27-2019 at 11:05 AM. Reason: Pile on!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree 100%.
    Poz and Jozy (and not only them) are just too gassed right now. Plus IMO even if we play the best available team for the last 2 games, there is still no big chance to catch that 4th place. Honestly I think it's too much of a gamble to go all in in these games, and then begin the playoffs with a lots of dead tired important players, both mentally and physically.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Although...if getting 4th doesn't matter to people (aka requiring a win this week and next), why not play our best 11 anyway so they have an extra game to gel--especially seeing as we're not concerned about winning the game? They have a week off between all the next games--should be time to recover, no?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How many people have the budget and time off to travel to more than maybe one away game during the playoffs? It matters whether they get 4th.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore and Poz both play. Every starting player, on every team, are “tired” at this time of the year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I say play them both. They'll have the international break to recover. Oh, wait...

<edit: I just realized this will be the last game at Bridgeview. Vanney shouldn't bother putting the DPs in there because MLS will want the narrative of going out on a winning note to sell to Fire SSHs when they get into renewal season. All the calls are going to go against TFC.>
    Last edited by Initial B; 09-27-2019 at 06:46 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Altidore hasn't played well since coming back from his last injury break. He is either not fully recovered or not fully fit. Playing is probably what he needs. If we are to win the MLS Cup he needs to be in top form or we are screwed.

Pozo has looked gassed for a while and hasn't been injured..I wouldn't play him 90 minutes in either of the last two games but there has to be some momentum to be ready for the playoff run..from there on its adrenaline. I'm not very hopefull there is something off about the morale this season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Initial B View Post
    I say play them both. They'll have the international break to recover. Oh, wait...

<edit: I just realized this will be the last game at Bridgeview. Vanney shouldn't bother putting the DPs in there because MLS will want the narrative of going out on a winning note to sell to Fire SSHs when they get into renewal season. All the calls are going to go against TFC.>
    YES Yes. That is a very definite possibility.
    This is a very corrupt league

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Altidore and Poz both play. Every starting player, on every team, are “tired” at this time of the year.
    Poz is gassed. Mavinga mentally fragile. Jozy out of sorts. I think Benezet Ciman and Mullins come in to Wednesday’s te@m.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Poz has averaged a game every 6 days since his season began over 400 days ago.

He needs a rest.