Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Michael Bradley out 3-4 months due to ankle surgery

5m ago

TFC's Bradley (ankle) out three to four months

Toronto FC midfielder Michael Bradley will undergo surgery on Tuesday for what general manager Ali Curtis calls a "severe" ankle injury that the United States international picked up during November's MLS Cup final loss to the Seattle Sounders. The surgery is expected to sideline the Reds captain for three to four months.

Toronto FC midfielder Michael Bradley will undergo surgery on Tuesday for what general manager Ali Curtis calls a "severe" ankle injury that the United States international picked up during November's MLS Cup final loss to the Seattle Sounders.
    The surgery is expected to sideline the Reds captain for three to four months.

https://www.tsn.ca/toronto-fc-captai...nths-1.1430275
    Last edited by rydermike; 01-20-2020 at 09:57 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am coming around to the idea that either

a) our medical staff are being hampered by the FO/Coaching staff

or

b) our medical staff isn't good enough

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Last edited by ensco; 01-20-2020 at 01:32 PM.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Jozy has a point

In a normal world, Bradley, like any other player, is being monitored and looked at when recovering from any injury.

Whether Bradley reports to be looked at is another matter. If he doesn't, that's on the FO for letting him get away with it. If he does and they let him keep on rehabbing in hope, that's on the medical staff.

Somebody messed up.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Jozy has a point

In a normal world, Bradley, like any other player, is being monitored and looked at when recovering from any injury.

Whether Bradley reports to be looked at is another matter. If he doesn't, that's on the FO for letting him get away with it. If he does and they let him keep on rehabbing in hope, that's on the medical staff.

Somebody messed up.
    Something tells me this is about more than just this incident, and Jozy is not happy with the medical treatment he was/is getting.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Something tells me this is about more than just this incident, and Jozy is not happy with the medical treatment he was/is getting.
    There is no medical treatment to keep him healthy so it doesn't really matter. He demanded Giovinco's guy and they hired him back and he still missed half the season. Unless they can invent that white goo bath from the movie Wanted then no medical treatment is keeping him on the pitch for 34 matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Very good point indeed.

not sure how you effectively rehab an ankle in any event - its not like a knee where to some extent strengthening the right muscles can make up for ligament damage

also, Bradley played the whole game on the ankle. Tough.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Very good point indeed.

not sure how you effectively rehab an ankle in any event - its not like a knee where to some extent strengthening the right muscles can make up for ligament damage

also, Bradley played the whole game on the ankle. Tough.
    There were a few tweets from people with some degree of medical background saying about casting and strengthening.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Guess Jozy shitting on management is just gonna be a regular occurrence now?... He probably has a point I think.

At least Fraser is gonna play now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we actually sure Fraser is just gonna walk into the starting XI? He rarely made the bench late last season. I could see a midfield of Pozuelo/Osorio/Delgado starting in San Jose with Fraser being on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There were a few tweets from people with some degree of medical background saying about casting and strengthening.
    I wonder what the strengthening is they are referring to - not alot of muscles surrounding ankle ligaments. I do not have a medical background, just experience rehabbing knees and ankles myself - the medical advice I got around knee ligaments was to strengthen, around ankles basically to tape them. Sure there is motion you can add etc, but for torn ligaments (or bone chips) I don't get why surgery wouldn't have been considered sooner. Unless Bradley did not want to do it until after his contract was secure.

EDIT: Dr Internet says this - for sprains. His injury was "severe" .

https://uhs.berkeley.edu/sites/defau...klesprains.pdf
    Last edited by MightyDM; 01-20-2020 at 07:36 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Are we actually sure Fraser is just gonna walk into the starting XI? He rarely made the bench late last season. I could see a midfield of Pozuelo/Osorio/Delgado starting in San Jose with Fraser being on the bench.
    I think this will depend on how comfortable Vanney is playing Delgado in the middle as the deepest midfielder. If he isn't, then I expect Fraser to start. Alternatively, GV could go 4231 now to lessen the defensive burden.

I'd also have to assume this puts more pressure on management to get a DP deal done before the season. Aside from the increasing need to get DP-level quality on the pitch, I think Manning and Curtis will want to appease fans and change the headlines - cause this is ugly.
    Last edited by Bobo; 01-20-2020 at 04:02 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You’ve got to think about a loan player to shore thing up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Guess Jozy shitting on management is just gonna be a regular occurrence now?... He probably has a point I think.

At least Fraser is gonna play now.
    point or not, Jozy strikes me as a guy that would complain about EVERYTHING. We all know them.
    Last edited by azorean; 01-20-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Not fair.

Jozy to my knowledge has only complained about one thing. Medical/training capability and support. He has now done it twice.

He is doing the support a favour here. I'll stand with him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I like Jozy. Good Player. Has been great for us. Seems like decent guy. BUT the guy does chirp a lot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by azorean View Post
    I like Jozy. Good Player. Has been great for us. Seems like decent guy. BUT the guy does chirp a lot.
    Would you mind quantifying this statement? Examples aside from last year’s well documented trainer issue would be great

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
    Would you mind quantifying this statement? Examples aside from last year’s well documented trainer issue would be great
    The only other thing I can think of is him saying after MLS Cup that he was upset coming in at the 65th minute.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys, maybe i'm wrong, we all love Jozy. I just associate him with the complaining type , that's all, moreso than any other current TFC player, i remember Giovinco leaving was a problem, I remember his injury was not treated properly was a problem , Todays news is a problem, if this had nothing do with him personally , why even open your mouth?
    Last edited by azorean; 01-20-2020 at 06:45 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

ok guys, maybe i'm wrong, we all love Jozy. I just associate him with the complaining type , that's all, moreso than any other current TFC player, i remember Giovinco leaving was a problem, I remember his injury was not treated properly was a problem , Todays news is a problem, this has nothing do with him personally , why even open your mouth?
    Jozy is part of the show. He plays his part well

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    I will be so pissed if he doesn't. There better be a silver lining to this.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The only other thing I can think of is him saying after MLS Cup that he was upset coming in at the 65th minute.
    Ripped into Bill last year as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono backstopped us to MLS cup, the guy was relegated to the bench for months , rightly so as Westberg was performing better, and yet i don't hear a peep out of him. Sometimes it is good to just be quiet. Jozy should just be quiet sometimes.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    You’ve got to think about a loan player to shore thing up.
    Benezet. oops.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If he came in at halftime we win. Or if he started and played 65, we win.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bono backstopped us to MLS cup, the guy was relegated to the bench for months , rightly so as Westberg was performing better, and yet i don't hear a peep out of him. Sometimes it is good to just be quiet. Jozy should just be quiet sometimes.
    You are of course right. But the team did put him in front of the media - it wasn't like he phoned them up.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    Ripped into Bill last year as well.
    Again, wasn’t that over the trainer?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bellzy View Post
    Again, wasn’t that over the trainer?
    Tell that to your boss next time you rip him in public, see how that goes for you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just read Vanney's comments about the actual nature of the injury - the cartilage between the tibia and the ankle. This might be quite serious as that cannot heal and almost certainly will be a long run problem for Bradley. I feel for him because his entire strength is the most extraordinary engine - how do you keep that engine up if your ankle is always sore - and getting worse. I worry about the longer term for him - like next year.