Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by gracos View Post
    any ideas when player contracts are going to be reported for example who is up for renewal, contract declined etc. ??
    piatti has an option
    ciman, zavs, morrow, mullens are all free agents and hopefully gone.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Unloading Jozy has to be the number one priority this off-season. His injuries, age and attitude are such that I don't believe he is an effective player anymore. I can't see any team taking him on a transfer. They may just have to buy-out his contract.
    I completely agree. Love the guy for all he’s done but it’s time to move on. There’s a need for a changing of the guard. Bradley too, needs to be accepting of a different role going forward.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    The fact vanney -started altidore instead of Ayo- Altidore didnt seem to try- seemed to yell at others for not making the right player or right run- when he himself barely ran or was walking back to keep on side early on the game.

How Gallardo made it ahead of nelson and endoh is crazy.
    First Endoh was injured so I can't blame Vanney for him not being in the line up and I get leaving Nelson off because he is young and honestly didn't impress much in his time so far. Big mistake was starting Altidore over Ayo and also starting Laryea over Gallacher. Everyone knew Altidore couldn't go 90 and probably not even 60 effectively and he didn't. He would have been a better sub if things went south. As for Laryea I would have rather had his spark off the bench for 30 minutes and not toss him right in after being off injured. Every time players come back from injury Vanney always has them come off the bench except now. At least that way we would of had offense off the bench instead of nothing really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    First Endoh was injured so I can't blame Vanney for him not being in the line up and I get leaving Nelson off because he is young and honestly didn't impress much in his time so far. Big mistake was starting Altidore over Ayo and also starting Laryea over Gallacher. Everyone knew Altidore couldn't go 90 and probably not even 60 effectively and he didn't. He would have been a better sub if things went south. As for Laryea I would have rather had his spark off the bench for 30 minutes and not toss him right in after being off injured. Every time players come back from injury Vanney always has them come off the bench except now. At least that way we would of had offense off the bench instead of nothing really.
    sure nelson is young and maybe not ready yet,but he was playing more than gallardo off the bench and showed more promise than gallardo,,,and why have 2 back up cbs on the bench,bottom line they lost to a expansion club and they look slow and stale the last 2 mths.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Nelson is a really hard one to judge. I like playing youth but he’s just wild out there and moving all over the place. Maybe he gets there eventually but I find no fault in Vanney for his exclusion in a playoff game. If he blows coverage on a corner and we leak a goal, everyone goes nuts and we put a major dent in his confidence.

To me, we can micro analyze some of the tactical decisions and I agree certain stuff seems to make sense in isolation (I would have brought Alitdore off the bench too). But bigger picture: I wonder why a team like ours, that spends the money, has found itself with the group of players it does? We did not have to extend Bradley or Altidore. Did not have to pickup Gonzalez as a CB (who we were warmed was slow) or Piatti as a winger (who we were warned has durability issues). There were plenty of warning signs these might not have been smart moves. We charged ahead anyway.

I think Curtis needs to show he can get deals done, on time and for the right players. So far, hasn’t been good enough.
    Last edited by ag futbol; 11-25-2020 at 11:17 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not saying nelson should start,but why have gallardo on the bench instead of him,gallardo is soft and hardly a dynamo on defence.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ayo should have started and Richie in the right, or off the bench. His main asset is wasted coming in from the left as we saw in the first half when he cut back instead of beating his man. These two are on Vanney (although pregame I thought Jozy should start), as is the formation change. Nashville was basically going route one and we should have been able to defend that.

The bigger concern was our lack of precision and penetration. We were off - from the lay-off, long strange season, people coming back from injuries, Nashville’s system - not sure. But Poz was the best example - he really was not very good at all, including when he had chances. We needed a goal in the first 20-25 minutes, had chances, but didn’t maximize them.

It will be time to refresh. Jozy needs to get very fit or depart; some older legs need to make way for younger; and we need to fix the balance of the team - we are all midfield and wing backs, except for Mavinga.

I don’t agree re Bradley though. His recovery from a very serious injury and then from a less serious one has taken time, but given a full offseason he will be ready to go in March. And we will be better off for it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I know the result suks.

Still

Some people are going to be really happy to see their Dad's tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    piatti has an option
    ciman, zavs, morrow, mullens are all free agents and hopefully gone.
    I previously thought Piatti should be brought back as a Tam, but have had a change of heart. I would not pick up his option. He didn't show me enough and couldn't even make it through a shortened season. We have enough injury prone, 30 year-old plus players on this team, we don't need another.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I previously thought Piatti should be brought back as a Tam, but have had a change of heart. I would not pick up his option. He didn't show me enough and couldn't even make it through a shortened season. We have enough injury prone, 30 year-old plus players on this team, we don't need another.
    It will be interesting during this time to see how the international market develops during these uncertain times, not sure how TFC will be positioned until they are secure in being back at BMO.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It will also be interesting to see whether MLSE is willing to open their wallet to bring in another DP or two given no revenue from ticket sales. TFC must be bleeding red ink in 2020.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Don't forget that one of those DPs has to be under 23 so we can re-sell him to keep FC Dallas and Vancouver happy.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Don't forget that one of those DPs has to be under 23 so we can re-sell him to keep FC Dallas and Vancouver happy.
    There's 3 more of those spots next year.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    There's 3 more of those spots next year.
    Did we ever get clarification on if the transfer fees for those spots are counted against the cap?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Did we ever get clarification on if the transfer fees for those spots are counted against the cap?
    They'll figure that out on the fly depending on the LA Galaxy's needs next spring.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://torontosun.com/sports/soccer...-in-off-season

Apparently Pozuelo was playing with an injury
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unloading Jozy has to be the number one priority this off-season. His injuries, age and attitude are such that I don't believe he is an effective player anymore. I can't see any team taking him on a transfer. They may just have to buy-out his contract.
    Do we know though what is the maximum amount MLSE will be willing to pay to buyout the contract? I am guessing it's going to be at least $10 million (USD).

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

As much as I would love to see the club buy-out Jozy I doubt it would happen due to financial constraints. Its possible we won't see BMO Field totally reopened until 2022. That's a lot of lost revenue. Trudeau stated the other day it could take until September to have everyone vaccinated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    not saying nelson should start,but why have gallardo on the bench instead of him,gallardo is soft and hardly a dynamo on defence.
    Gallardo is more of a forward than a not a wide midfielder.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

MLS Disciplinary Committee: Mauricio Pereyra, Jonathan Ososrio suspended; Orlando City, Oscar Pareja fined

https://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2020/...ed-suspensions

Jonathan Osorio violent conduct

Toronto FC Jonathan Osorio has been suspended for one match and fined an undisclosed amount for violent conduct in the 32nd minute of the Eastern Conference Round One match against Nashville SC on Nov. 24. Osorio will serve his suspension in Toronto’s first match of the 2021 MLS Regular Season.

The play was reviewed under Disciplinary Committee Parameter #3, in which the Disciplinary Committee may act where the Professional Referees Organization (PRO) acknowledges an on-field referee or Video Review error, and where the Committee is unanimous that the play warrants at least a one match suspension as a clear and unequivocal red card, is egregious and/or repeat behavior in nature, and/or the Committee must act to protect player safety or the integrity of the game.