Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bhandsome90 View Post
    If they're in form. We are better. Team is still missing a winger to play opposite Piatti.
    Laryea! I loved him at left wing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Yes

Because Poz is just that good.

I'm not sure where to put Bradley right now & without Jozy, we are more balanced.
    Didn't Bradley play CB 2 years ago when Moor was out? Right now we lack depth in that role

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikmacdo View Post
    Are we better without Bradley and Jozy?
    Nope.

But I think that’s the last we see of Jozy on this club. For me, that’s really too bad and I think we will regret losing an elite striker with his skills - but this will be the last straw.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Interesting stat for Kristian Jack. Jozy has played in only 44% of TFC's 20 games this year. A total of 1830 minutes of play and Jozy only played 806 minutes. Let that sink in. Someone earlier told me they were not in the mood for an argument about his playing this year. I can see why now.

Wait can you hear it coming from Jozy. Our training staff is shit!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yes

Because Poz is just that good.

I'm not sure where to put Bradley right now & without Jozy, we are more balanced.
    Bradley is head and shoulders a better player than Marky and Oso (my favourite player on the club). When healthy, he plays. But Jozy just let his lack of fitness end his TFC career. This is the end. And he is my wife’s fav.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Go FC Dallas!

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Bradley is head and shoulders a better player than Marky and Oso (my favourite player on the club). When healthy, he plays. But Jozy just let his lack of fitness end his TFC career. This is the end. And he is my wife’s fav.

My issue with Bradley is he plays a Deep Lying Playmaker position that we don't really need right now. Right now, everybody but the top striker comes back to the ball. We move it better that way.

All this is because Poz is just so darn good in his roll as that AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Bradley is great, don’t get me wrong. His ability to cover ground and break up the play is the best in the league in my opinion. But... there’s just something about his presence in midfield that makes the team a little less fluid when we have the ball.

Osirio and Delgado were brilliant tonight as a double pivot

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post
    Interesting stat for Kristian Jack. Jozy has played in only 44% of TFC's 20 games this year. A total of 1830 minutes of play and Jozy only played 806 minutes. Let that sink in. Someone earlier told me they were not in the mood for an argument about his playing this year. I can see why now.

He is the second or third best player we have ever had, has scored critical goals at critical moments to win, and is still dominant. I don’t get the hate. I’m sad. But I do think this was his last game for us.
    Last edited by MightyDM; 10-03-2020 at 09:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The field in Dallas has American football lines. I don't know why MLS put teams in Texas.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Bradley is great, don’t get me wrong. His ability to cover ground and break up the play is the best in the league in my opinion. But... there’s just something about his presence in midfield that makes the team a little less fluid when we have the ball.

Fair. But when he is fit, he plays and he leads.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is the second or third best player we have ever had, has scored critical goals at Coro to all moments to win, and is still dominant. I don’t get the hate. I’m sad. But I do think this was his last game for us.

I love Jozy but I no longer think he & Poz can play together on this team like they were last season. Jozy is trying really hard to get it done as that mobile striker picking up things. And he was effective in that role. But, we play better without him.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    The field in Dallas has American football lines. I don't know why MLS put teams in Texas.

Just wait until Wednesday night in Foxboro.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Laryea! I loved him at left wing.
    I would like to see him at the right wing with Piatti in his natural left wing spot, once Auro is back.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have to be honest, I really enjoyed the past two games. We played up to and better than our competition.

But, we need to thump a team and I mean demoralize someone. Not to play down to their level ... lets hope it is finally NE when a few of the other guys break out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post

If needs be he will change his role the same way he changed his DP status.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He is a significant upgrade. Not even debatable.
    Time for Piatti to score a goal against someone other than Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Time for Piatti to score a goal against someone other than Vancouver.
    I dunno. We seem to be doing ok against the best teams in Our conference

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For example, Lucas Cavallini is a terrific player for Canada and a competent MLS player. But nowhere near Jozy. Like not even making the subs bench

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I am not sure Piatti was an upgrade over Benezet
    Piatti is definitely an upgrade. Very fluid and makes the attack much better. He's more of a supporting cast player. If we had a Seba like forward He'd shine even more. He should be a max paid TAM player but not a DP in my opinion.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Nice! I was almost done with a long post, how nobody on this team can put in a decent cross, especially tonight, even when TFC players are open near goal. Then I had to delete what I wrote, the Scottish kid puts in a perfect cross, more of that! Hopefully that skill doesn't get coached out of him...

Tony had another great cross a few minutes later, unfortunately a TFC player that was not the intended target got in the way.
    Agree! One of the things that frustrated me the most with our fullbacks is their inability to make good crosses. But that whip by Tony was a breath of fresh air!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I dunno. We seem to be doing ok against the best teams in Our conference
    I don't dispute that. My point is that l expected more from Piatti given his pedigree and DP status. In reality we are only playing with one true DP calibre player at the moment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

F’n good f’n team
    Team is f'n working hard again. Games are exciting to watch again.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If needs be he will change his role the same way he changed his DP status.

To what though? The guy has been "THE" play starter since 2014. How's he going to fit into a midfield with Poz at the point where the pivots run around so much & the interchange is constant? Got to fit him in somewhere, but where?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Are we better without Bradley and Jozy?
    I hate to say it but Bradley has aged and slows down the midfield. I love the workrate and speed of play from the central midfielders (Osorio, Delgado, Poz).

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by zorsofstesab View Post

Once again I love Jozy because of his love and dedication to this city and club. I really do.

But 1.5 million dollar pay raise for an injury prone Jozy who's not in the mood to play this year was Manning's worst panic decision. Which may hold us hostage for another year if we can find an interested buyer.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Auzzy View Post
    Wow what a turnaround, beating some of the top teams: Columbus, NYC, Philly. Never would have thought that after Vancouver and DC.
    We are definitely a cocky team. We underestimate and play half ass against weaker teams.

And rise to our level against proper teams because we like to prove we are better.

Frustrating at times lol

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

To what though? The guy has been "THE" play starter since 2014. How's he going to fit into a midfield with Poz at the point where the pivots run around so much & the interchange is constant? Got to fit him in somewhere, but where?
    Only way is if Bradley chooses to play the same style we are currently playing. He needs to play like Osorio/Delgado have the past 3 games. He needs to go back to his old box to box midfield style and not a deep lying playmaker. If he can't do that than I agree he's be better on the bench.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    Only way is if Bradley chooses to play the same style we are currently playing. He needs to play like Osorio/Delgado have the past 3 games. He needs to go back to his old box to box midfield style and not a deep lying playmaker. If he can't do that than I agree he's be better on the bench.
    No way we are better with MB on the bench. Just no way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    (Knowing full well he is likely to come into a game & surprise us and we will all go "oh yeah, that's what he can do)

I think he's a situational player against certain teams that press high & want the ball - like NYC did. At the base of a 4-1-4-1 where he slides over to where an onrushing FB left from, he'd be OK. A slower version of what Osorio played against NYC.

But against a team like Philly or DCU or CBus, he'd be a second half sub for me.