Page 101 of 174 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151 ... LastLast
Results 3,001 to 3,030 of 5193
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    the third he counts as Osorio- who was seemingly on his way out.
    yep! he was officially in free agency and had offers from europe when we signed him.

i was split before but in hindsight it would have been terrible if he had left, another big hole to fill. already have enough to do this offseason.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    Perquis had as good a pedigree. It's the recent downturn in form and losing his spot that is concerning.

Steven Vitoria plays at a higher level in Portugal but when he came to Philly in MLS he was woeful because he was just too slow for the style of play.

So you can't always go by pedigree, and he's not starting in Denmark anymore. That's not usually a good sign.

Toss up.

Given how much GAM we allegedly have left, there are certainly league options who've moved already who might have been more predictable.
    If he is indeed coming to us, sounds like not a sure thing that he’d work out. He started day in day out at Gent in his second season there but also lost his starting gig to Timothy Derijck by the season’s end. Hence the move to Brondby. I guess we have to trust our scouting but on paper I’d have more confidence if he had kept starting at those clubs.

Generally it sounds like he passes well and is good in the air. I hope he’s not too slow because that might spell trouble.
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-09-2023 at 03:31 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

need a signing or rumor- its like TFC is the only club making their supporters wait- all big clubs rumors leak and they dont hide their intention.

cmon TFC lets get it going.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    …Given how much GAM we allegedly have left, there are certainly league options who've moved already who might have been more predictable.
    Predictability is practicality in MLS.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by FootBallAZ View Post
    need a signing or rumor- its like TFC is the only club making their supporters wait- all big clubs rumors leak and they dont hide their intention.

cmon TFC lets get it going.
    I don’t much care about leaking rumours - no doubt making any ambitious signing who isn’t a DP is not easy in a salary cap league. It’s probably much more difficult to leak names when the club itself can’t be sure who it’s signing. My concern is to get the signings right.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Beezer:

“It’s been reported that Rosted will travel to Toronto this week, though TFC officials have yet to comment on the Rosted report. The 6-foot-2 centre back is said to have good leadership and defensive skills, though he may not be available until mid-way through the 2023 MLS season.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by los sonadores View Post
    From Beezer:

“It’s been reported that Rosted will travel to Toronto this week, though TFC officials have yet to comment on the Rosted report. The 6-foot-2 centre back is said to have good leadership and defensive skills, though he may not be available until mid-way through the 2023 MLS season.”
    that would be pretty shitty, especially as the scandinavian leagues are on break until february, so they'd have time to replace him now...

if true though, wouldnt be surprised if he was a depth option. his budget charge would be like 200K this year (max)
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-09-2023 at 03:56 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hard no from me if this is a summer signing. Nothing unique about the profile. Get something done now.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    Hard no from me if this is a summer signing. Nothing unique about the profile. Get something done now.
    agreed. if this is gonna be the first choice guy, has to be now.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by leedsandTFC View Post
    agreed. if this is gonna be the first choice guy, has to be now.
    To me, neither O’Neil or McNaughton are starters on a top team. McNaughton is still developing and I wouldn’t expect him to start quite yet. (Although as Bradley said at the last press conference guys do often settle into the second season because they know better what is expected of them.)
    Last edited by los sonadores; 01-09-2023 at 04:22 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

aaron herrera has played 8 games at CB in his entire career. he's a right back, a position we do not need to fill.

nick de puy has made 58 MLS appearances at the age of 28, self explanatory.

dave romney is alright, but the trade + salary gives him a budget charge of over 700K/ year, not worth it.
    You know something we don't about Laryea?
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I went through and counted all the transactions teams have made. On average, teams have had 4.5 players brought in. We've officially brought in 4. We're basically average. Throw in that Sean Johnson looks to be almost official, and the off season looks to be moving at a pace comparable to other teams. Although you could argue we should be moving at a quicker pace than other teams since we have so much more to do. On a net basis, we're down 7 players from last year. The average team is down 4.5, so we still have work to do on that front. We compare similarly to other teams that just missed on the playoffs (or just made it) though, like Atlanta, Vancouver and LAG.

Basically - we're making moves at a similar pace to other teams. https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2023-mls-transactions

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

From Beezer:

Sounds like Beezer conjecture based on Rosted being under contract. If this works out I say he is either released or there's some minimal transfer fee paid.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    I went through and counted all the transactions teams have made. On average, teams have had 4.5 players brought in. We've officially brought in 4. We're basically average. Throw in that Sean Johnson looks to be almost official, and the off season looks to be moving at a pace comparable to other teams. Although you could argue we should be moving at a quicker pace than other teams since we have so much more to do. On a net basis, we're down 7 players from last year. The average team is down 4.5, so we still have work to do on that front. We compare similarly to other teams that just missed on the playoffs (or just made it) though, like Atlanta, Vancouver and LAG.

Basically - we're making moves at a similar pace to other teams. https://www.mlssoccer.com/news/2023-mls-transactions
    You're in the wrong place. This is the "hot take" thread. Should come with "big opinion", preferably about players or leagues you have never seen.

Hard data goes somewhere else. I don't know where.

;-)
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    You know something we don't about Laryea?
    they are in discussions to make his loan permanent, i'd imagine it'll be done before the season.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

they are in discussions to make his loan permanent, i'd imagine it'll be done before the season.
    Wow that would surprise me. I would have thought Richie would find a good spot in Europe based on the Belgium game. We will see I guess.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You're in the wrong place. This is the "hot take" thread. Should come with "big opinion", preferably about players or leagues you have never seen.

Hard data goes somewhere else. I don't know where.

;-)
    seems weird that he would then also say that 'we're basically on pace with other teams in MLS' rather than the far more popular on this board 'TFC has no idea what they're eating for breakfast, let alone how to sign players'

It really should be higher, but we do have at least 2 more signings to look forward to at this rate (and a third on the LB side, if rumours on targets are to be believed)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    Sounds like Beezer conjecture based on Rosted being under contract. If this works out I say he is either released or there's some minimal transfer fee paid.
    Sounds reasonable. Beezer probably doesn’t know much more than any of us.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow that would surprise me. I would have thought Richie would find a good spot in Europe based on the Belgium game. We will see I guess.

bob confirmed the discussions a while back, and he's (laryea) not made any indication he's against a move.

tbh, if he wasnt gonna be here the whole year they should be looking at getting someone else.
    Last edited by leedsandTFC; 01-09-2023 at 05:05 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Sounds reasonable. Beezer probably doesn’t know much more than any of us.
    could also be a bargaining chip from the club to get the price down, letting the, know we're willing to wait til summer and get him for nothing.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Update/circle back...
    Somewhat concerned about this unconfirmed rumour/report.
    It suggests Mavinga took a pay cut with LAG.
    Of course, a reduction which was always/obviously expected.
    Apparently a NO TAM Signing.
    Indicating at or under a regular player salary?
    MLS 2023 max circa US$651,250.00?
    From latest/Y22 TFC salary of US$1,037,500.00; closer to half less at least?
    If the wage is eventually disclosed to be at or under 500K, then maybe he could have better served us as depth piece; 3rd CB?
    Unless it was a question of him accepting, barring injuries, a potentially more limited playing role than in the past?
    Perhaps then even a question of potential squad cohesion?
    Though Lolo seemed to like him. Michael had kind words. And there were reports Mavinga wanted to stay.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Inbetween View Post
    Update/circle back...
    Somewhat concerned about this unconfirmed rumour/report.
    It suggests Mavinga took a pay cut with LAG.
    Of course, a reduction which was always/obviously expected.
    Apparently a NO TAM Signing.
    Indicating at or under a regular player salary?
    MLS 2023 max circa US$651,250.00?
    From latest/Y22 TFC salary of US$1,037,500.00; closer to half less at least?
    If the wage is eventually disclosed to be at or under 500K, then maybe he could have better served us as depth piece; 3rd CB?
    Unless it was a question of him accepting, barring injuries, a potentially more limited playing role than in the past?
    Perhaps then even a question of potential squad cohesion?
    Though Lolo seemed to like him. Michael had kind words. And there were reports Mavinga wanted to stay.

Anything above 400k is too high for the level he was performing at/ injury record

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Appreciated and welcomed effort at a review of the matter.
    I align with your key take on the situation; 'so we still have work to do on that front'.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

good stuff.

hopefully a few more in the door this week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

bob confirmed the discussions a while back, and he's (laryea) not made any indication he's against a move.

tbh, if he wasnt gonna be here the whole year they should be looking at getting someone else.
    I will come back to the Herrera topic if Richie leaves. He could have been CB cover in the first part of the season before Richie leaves, and then a natural replacement at RB.

Otherwise, agreed, Richie is better than Herrera, and Herrera is not really a CB.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Anything above 400k is too high for the level he was performing at/ injury record
    Really do not disagree with you.
    For me it is a question of being aware about the possibility for any/that difference in compensation between 4 to 5 HK.
    That most of it could reasonably be attributable/offset to Health Care/Insurance concerns involving his family.
    A cost mostly/likely to be covered here in Ontario.
    IMO, meaning he may have been had by TFC with Realpolitik negotiations for that price you outline if they so desired.
    Semantics on my part if he did sign closer to the leagues regular max salary.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Would qualify as a u-22 initiative player if TFC were to go that direction.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

FWIW, Mavinga was getting 300K guaranteed in 2018.

https://web.archive.org/web/20180425...s/salary-guide

(The only way to look at salaries earlier then 2022 is the way back machine)

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)