Page 1 of 13 1234511 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default 'General admittance' in Montreal away supporters section

When we arrived we saw some supporters in our seats. Then then tried to tell us our seats were general admittance. It didnt say that on the tickets, website or any rep from montreal or ticketmaster. Dunno what supporters group they were from but they were really big dicks about it. Ended up getting our seats anyways (thanks to security). This shouldnt of been an issue. None of us had any problem with squeezing extra people into our row or anything like that but we definitely have a problem with people telling us that the seats we paid for arent ours to sit in. People sorta whined afterwards. The dudes next to us started out cold but ended up being nice guys. Just thought that should get aired out. Was pretty disappointed fellow supporters would act that way.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Many among us behaved badly. I saw a supporter trying to provoke a female police officer, someone trying to provoke a fight with a limpact supporter and the general bad behaviour that comes with those who are young and can't hold their alcohol. But overall the away support should be proud.
    Unfortunately the team nor its personal seemed to appreciate the effort made. That's the piece that bothers me the most.
    But back go your point, it seemed to me that those who are with SGs or those who have been to a few away games get it. There seems to be a real camaraderie growing among those who have done half a dozen road trips together. It's nice to see.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I talked to the Security staff about this. They said they tried to usher people to their assigned seats as per their tickets but when the TFC supporters march arrived the large number of people simply swarmed into the supporters area and they decided it would be easier to deal with complaints than try to verify people were in the correct seats.

They were much more concerned with the limited amount of bad behaviour (usual drunken fools and the idiots letting off smoke bombs ... indoors at that) that they saw but said that in the end they felt it all went fairly well.

We were lucky. They could have treated that smoke bomb incident a lot more harshly. Imagine if they had decided to clear that whole section while they investigated/cleaned up. I thought they did a pretty decent job.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    Many among us behaved badly. I saw a supporter trying to provoke a female police officer, someone trying to provoke a fight with a limpact supporter and the general bad behaviour that comes with those who are young and can't hold their alcohol. But overall the away support should be proud.
    Unfortunately the team nor its personal seemed to appreciate the effort made. That's the piece that bothers me the most.
    But back go your point, it seemed to me that those who are with SGs or those who have been to a few away games get it. There seems to be a real camaraderie growing among those who have done half a dozen road trips together. It's nice to see.
    ^true........well put,..it was stated to anyone who took the time to read the ticket thread that the seats were NOT GA,.....and because of the very pushy security no none could stay or stand in the aisle or even close to it. Many well intentioned supporters tried to push into others seats. An older gentleman near me was forced out of his seat due to early arrivals, moving down to occupy his seats........interesting group yesterday although I enjoyed myself and it was great having fun in Montreal seeing friends and the like totally pissed with idiot "supporter"?, behind me.(you know who you are), who set off the 2 smoke bombs ruining one fellows new white jersey and covering my wife's clothes and body with smoke....we basically couldn't breath or taste properly the rest of the match,.....if you don't have the guts to hold the smoke in YOUR hand....then why throw it at others feet......thankfully I talked security out of throwing out the gentlemen in front of me who also had a smoke bomb at his feet and accused him of doing it......other than that there are a terrific bunch of great people, women and men who support the team.....as for 'the team' why they ALL didn't in mass come over......DISSAPPOINTING......perhaps there is truth that as always there is inner strife within the locker room......it seems that way on the field. It's hard to believe we could be in for hard times but I fear there is not much respect within this team...and it is starting show.n
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Watching Ottawa Fury FC when not hanging off the top of Section 110 at BMO!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jazzy View Post
    totally pissed with idiot "supporter"?, behind me.(you know who you are), who set off the 2 smoke bombs ruining one fellows new white jersey and covering my wife's clothes and body with smoke....we basically couldn't breath or taste properly the rest of the match,.....if you don't have the guts to hold the smoke in YOUR hand....then why throw it at others feet......thankfully I talked security out of throwing out the gentlemen in front of me who also had a smoke bomb at his feet and accused him of doing it......
    And did you point out the smoke bomb tosser to security??
    Is he a member of one of the supporters groups??

This person should not be hiding among the supporters and using them as a cover for what they are doing.
    They should not be allowed to purchase or hold any tickets which have been issued to the supporters groups.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There was a change in thinking about GA, the ticket thread mentioned we would be GA but when MTL HO sent out the "Supporter Group Plan - TFC - April 7.pdf" it mentioned there would be NO GA.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Mark in Ottawa View Post
    And did you point out the smoke bomb tosser to security??
    Is he a member of one of the supporters groups??

This person should not be hiding among the supporters and using them as a cover for what they are doing.
    They should not be allowed to purchase or hold any tickets which have been issued to the supporters groups.
    True It was my wife who figured it out..later..as I obviously didn't see him throw it.....I know who he is , by face only , and will look into it,...I confronted him and he just smiled and did a ah shucks it wasn't me,,,,,this is the problem it is so quick if one doesn't actually see him....but the wife saw him put his scarf over his face just before throwing it . and not being a part of this 'action' before she thought nothing of it.......
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

i think with such a large group of people you are gonna get all kinds of people, maybe when the crowd is that large they should seperate the sections in terms of "level of participation"

sitting section
    standing section
    standing and flags section.

then people could kinda be with like minded others

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought this away section was a lot better than some games at south stand. Also massive props to polish dave for leading as capo. Though needed another capo for coordination between top and bottom
    Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    i think with such a large group of people you are gonna get all kinds of people, maybe when the crowd is that large they should seperate the sections in terms of "level of participation"

sitting section
    standing section
    standing and flags section.

then people could kinda be with like minded others

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

One of those smoke bombs landed in the row down next to me to the right. It was bad enough that I had to use my scarf as a mask. I saw security run up past me to, I asume, deal with whomever threw that smoke bomb. That was not very pleasant.
    TORONTO FC, 2017 MLS CHAMPIONS!!! (Still the greatest in league history!)

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Away games have always, and will always be GA. Accept it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Redcoe15 View Post
    One of those smoke bombs landed in the row down next to me to the right. It was bad enough that I had to use my scarf as a mask. I saw security run up past me to, I asume, deal with whomever threw that smoke bomb. That was not very pleasant.
    I was right in front of you in that row and my scarf didn't help much with he smoke...I actually left section while the smoke cleared.

Childish.

Dom.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoke is a hallmark of football support. In row 2 there was almost a fire from a flare by the capo. So what? I loved it, my kids loved it, and there's nothing like going to an away stadium and making a statement. It almost took me back to Europe with the terraces nearly on fire.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

jazzy what's 'later'
    later in the stadium? later at the hotel?
    why haven't you brought anything up offically then rather than complaining on the boards?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I always thought this to be the case, just like how 112 works. The only thing I would say is that if it was specified that supporters had to sit in their assigned seats. there isn't much else to say about it. That should have been followed. I don't like how the Rogers Centre game was not GA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoke is a trademark we should beat the shit of people because they wear the wrong colour scarf. Fuck if the Greeks can burn a stadium down we should as well.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

this was the first away game i have been to where people were complaining about not being at their seats on their tickets (especially those coming in 15 to 25 minutes after kickoff)...i didnt know being at your actual seats was more important than collectively supporting toronto from the stands.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SCF1908 View Post
    Smoke is a hallmark of football support. In row 2 there was almost a fire from a flare by the capo. So what? I loved it, my kids loved it, and there's nothing like going to an away stadium and making a statement. It almost took me back to Europe with the terraces nearly on fire.
    I disagree. There is no way smoke is a hallmark of support. Perhaps, in a few small markets, on occasion. But I haven't seen smoke in most European or SA leagues in recent years. Perhaps, you would argue that they just don't know how to support their teams in larger and well established football markets?

I just can't get used to the idea that a fire starting is, viewed by a few as, an admirable way to make a statement.

For the record, I know who lit the smoke bombs. They are not part of any SG that I know of. They are great supporters and I consider them friends. And we agree to disagree on smoke and flares.
    "Failure simply isn't an option at this stage. TFC pushed its chips to the middle of the table when it splurged on Bradley and Defoe and reinforced its bet by making savvy acquisitions elsewhere. This collection of players is capable of delivering on the promises made during the close season. There are no more excuses available for TFC. Only success will continue the process of atoning for the past and establishing a higher standard for the future." FOX Sports

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    Smoke is a trademark we should beat the shit of people because they wear the wrong colour scarf. Fuck if the Greeks can burn a stadium down we should as well.

Smoke IS a trademark of football support. I've been to games in Holland, Brazil, Bulgaria, Italy, Germany, France, Czechoslovakia, Kenya, Macedonia to name a few, and only England didn't have smoke bombs. And not just a few smoke bombs, but fucking masses of it. Even Gor Mahia fans in Nairobi made home made smoke bombs and most of them subsisted on a dollar a day.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DOMIN8R View Post
    I disagree. There is no way smoke is a hallmark of support. Perhaps, in a few small markets, on occasion. But I haven't seen smoke in most European or SA leagues in recent years. Perhaps, you would argue that they just don't know how to support their teams in larger and well established football markets?

I just can't get used to the idea that a fire starting is, viewed by a few as, an admirable way to make a statement.

For the record, I know who lit the smoke bombs. They are not part of any SG that I know of. They are great supporters and I consider them friends. And we agree to disagree on smoke and flares.

Go look at my list I just posted and 90% were in the last 5 years and many are major markets.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I agree with you. Nothing wrong with smoke.
    Was that your kid who capoed? He rocks!

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Flint View Post
    I agree with you. Nothing wrong with smoke.
    Was that your kid who capoed? He rocks!

Yes it was!

An Olympiakos supporter, of course you love smoke. And I consider Greece a "Major" football market.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

and what is the common denominator?
    Poverty and high crime rate?
    Knock your selves out boys keep lighting them up and please do it at BMO too it needs a new paint job

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rat View Post
    and what is the common denominator?
    Poverty and high crime rate?
    Knock your selves out boys keep lighting them up and please do it at BMO too it needs a new paint job

Yeah, poverty.

You are a genius.

Holland, France, Germany, Italy all live below the poverty line. Bulgarian people all looked healthy and prosperous to me. Same with the Macedonians. Czechs are better off than the Spanish.

But of course these are all small markets apparently.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

so these no crime in these countries?
    as I said it knock yourself out? BMO needs a new paint job

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yeah, poverty.

You are a genius.

Holland, France, Germany, Italy all live below the poverty line. Bulgarian people all looked healthy and prosperous to me. Same with the Macedonians. Czechs are better off than the Spanish.

But of course these are all small markets apparently.

The thing is, regardless of country, here we have rules about it and we choose to observe them.

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    The thing is, regardless of country, here we have rules about it and we choose to observe them.

Saturday would indicate the opposite actually.

RPB Member
    Past-President

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Saturday would indicate the opposite actually.
    I didn't see many RPB engaging in that crap. Quite the opposite really.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smoke IS a trademark of football support. I've been to games in Holland, Brazil, Bulgaria, Italy, Germany, France, Czechoslovakia, Kenya, Macedonia to name a few, and only England didn't have smoke bombs. And not just a few smoke bombs, but fucking masses of it. Even Gor Mahia fans in Nairobi made home made smoke bombs and most of them subsisted on a dollar a day.
    Now you're in Canada, spare us your 'this is how they do it elsewhere' bullshit. I don't need years taken off my life inhaling noxious smoke because I want to support my Football team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Can someone name an honest pro for the smoke bombs other than "atmosphere" or it being a part of football? Does it bring something to the game? We have hear people say their clothing was destroyed, fire almost started, people could have been injured. What good comes from it? Just wondering.

I bought at ticket in section 147 because I knew for sure I'd get a 5th row seat, rather than dealing with people stealing my seats, but here is a picture of the smoke bombs I got. Even from where we were, there was a couple minutes that it was hard to breath, can't imagine what it was like for the people in the heart of it.

[IMG][/IMG]