Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Registered
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Johnson said the team meeting "got a lot off our chests & the coaches got a lot off their chests." Said "open dialogue" helped a ton. #TFC

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I thought I saw Johnson throw a punch at half time. He was pretty fired up tonight.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What kind of bogus refereeing was that?! I agree 100%

Nevertheless, the boys played a great game for the full 90. So proud. This is the team that I think everyone was expecting at the beginning of the year.
    I told Johnson in the 8th minute that he was going to score two tonight. He nodded, and scored like three minutes later. When I saw him get that pass in the 90th, I thought for sure it was going down. Alas, Ricketts with a good save. At least the 2-0 prediction that I posted on the "Gut-Check Time" thread was met.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I hope johnson doesn't get fined for his half time rant. I loved the honesty.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not one of those players deserves anything but absolute praise (Ecks excepted I suppose)

TIC TAC TABERNAC

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't see the game guys is there anywhere I could find a full replay of the match it would be much appreciated.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Was the red card warranted? I was late to the party. Ecks has had a rough time of it this year.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

are you going to call someone out or shit and run

e: to chevy, fuckin phone posting

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gazza View Post
    Was the red card warranted? I was late to the party. Ecks has had a rough time of it this year.
    No it wasn't a red card.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

not at all

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Might've been a bit harsh but if you're going to charge around like a bull in a china shop don't be surprised if people accuse you of breaking plates

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It was a possible yellow but he wasnt looking and trod on the guys ankle.....fuck, never a red....Ever

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Montreal's lucky we didn't have another man sent off.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think it's as simple as this: These players care about the Champions League more than MLS.

I don't think it's an intentional or conscious decision but the fire they display in CCL/V-Cup games is clearly at another level, there is no denying this. We'll see against Vancouver, which I think will be a significant test, but they have passion and confidence playing these games that is otherwise lacking in MLS play.
    Last edited by NBS; 05-09-2012 at 10:04 PM.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

No complaints about the performance tonight - lads came out on fire, and despite most of the match being a man down, were by far the dominant side. Now hopefully they can carry this over to MLS matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic performance on the field, but the south end deserves massive props for their job tonight. I was in 127 and it was the loudest I can remember the south end being in ages.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

a few pointers and a question.

First, did anyone see what Eckersley did too get the red? my assumption is that he lashed out at the MTL player who fouled him but i could be wrong.

second, I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the Impact were absolutely horrible. So while we played very well, we should not get too excited.

Lastly, There can be absolutely no question of who our No.1 center back is. Doneil Henry put in one of the best defensive performances I have seen in our clubs history.

P.S. honorable mentions go out to JDG, Ryan Johnson, Reggie Lambe and, while he only played a few minutes, i was very impressed with Jeremy Hall's performance.

P.S.S. South end was FANTASTIC tonight, huge props...can YOU hear the impact sing?

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

"We are shit and we are beating you ala ale aleee"

Best chant of the night
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fantastic to finally watch them dominate a game and play with true passion. For the first time in as long as I can remember I wasn't worried after they scored the 2nd goal, even with a man down.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

just back...some thoughts on a decent performance:- lots of hussle and heart shown out there tonight- refereeing was atrocious...I've seen bad in many games but this crew were awful- overall the team defended well, but I thought Henry was excellent at the back- Frings came to play and lead tonight- Lambe show his versatility (ended up playing RB for most of the first half)- i love the attacking play of avila - he forces the play so often and can change a game with a single possession (it's a shame we don't have enough players who can read where they should be off of him...)- RJ is full of heart and is very good at keeping position up top (just needs a bit more patience to find the right ball from that point)- RJ and Henry never lose a header offensively - we need to exploit that moreOverall a good performance by the lads tonight (although it must be said that Montreal were absolutely terrible tonight).

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What i saw was two different calls,linesman signaled foul for Impact,and ref on the pitch called foul for TFC.After chit chat on the sideline ref came back and showed red to Ecks.

So Ecks got red and we got the ball,go figure.
    Great love does not exist without joy and without great suffering ,that's why One club is worth only as much as its fans !

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by denime View Post
    What i saw was two different calls,linesman signaled foul for Impact,and ref on the pitch called foul for TFC.After chit chat on the sideline ref came back and showed red to Ecks.

So Ecks got red and we got the ball,go figure.
    Yeah, that was a weird one. i didn't understand what the hell he was calling. As I posted before, I haven't seen a referee that poor in a while...

RPB Member
    Section 112 and Cardinal, Ontario...Yeah, Baby!
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Kudos to the Montreal fans...they were singing the entire game.

However, from my vantage point in 127, the South Stand was awesome tonight...a seething mass of raw passion.

Take a bow.

The back of 127 was actually OK tonight, but the front was very quiet.
    O, Maple Leaf around the world, You speak as you rise high above,
    Of courage, peace and quiet strength, Of the Canada that I love.
    Remind us all, our union bound by ties we cannot sever,
    Bright flag revered on every ground, The Maple Leaf forever

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how (according to some posters on this board) Montreal was so fucking good few days back when they won vs KC,but tonight they were terrible.

Makes me wonder why the fuck is it so difficult to give a credit to your OWN TEAM when they win with 10 players?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Funny how (according to some posters on this board) Montreal was so fucking good few days back when they won vs KC,but tonight they were terrible.

Makes me wonder why the fuck is it so difficult to give a credit to your OWN TEAM when they win with 10 players?
    ^ this, big time!!

they were shit, or appeared to be shite, because we were so strong on the ball - it was, simply put, a brilliant performance...Go Reds!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't watch the KC game so I can't comment on that performance, But while we played very well, MTL were fucking horrible. What we don't need is too run away with expectations now. We are still in for a VERY long season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Credit has been given. It's a fact as far as I'm concerned - TFC played well and Montreal were poor. Hence the result.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

Kudos.

I was just happy to see the team press even though they went down a man.

As happy as I am with the victory, it just leaves me more frustrated as to why... LOL

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

I see Jennifer Benson is at it again on twitter. LOL

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Because we've been burned too many times to hope that this is more than a fluke result. If they can put together a sting of good results, I think the mood will shipft for the better.