Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Ultra & Proud View Post
    I think Bob is giving them every opportunity to show that they either belong on the team as a reliable player (McNaughton) or they don't (Nelson). At least unlike in the past with guys like Chapman & Fraser, these players are getting more than their fair shot at making a case for themselves.
    My take would be less "does/doesn't belong" and more "is a capable backup" versus "is still a project."

Nelson is 19. His speed and technique aren't at issue, really, it's his intelligence and read of the game. Most forwards and wings build on that knowledge into their late 20s.

If he gets to 23, 24 and hasn't yet become a dependable second-string player then he's on the doesn't belong pile, a la Tsubasa. Until then a team needs a 30 man roster to be a competitive as possible. So that's seven or eight past the main squad where you can afford developmental patience.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I think I prefer watching youth like Priso/Kosi struggle to find their way to watching Dwyer and Mullins struggle to find their "touch" or put another way Summer of Perruzza > Mullinho

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Gringo Starr View Post
    I think I prefer watching youth like Priso/Kosi struggle to find their way to watching Dwyer and Mullins struggle to find their "touch" or put another way Summer of Perruzza > Mullinho
    You guys can have your summer of Perruzza, but no one can lock down a game from the striker postion like Mullinho.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In bleak news, Montreal is absolutely slaughtering the "almighty" Forge. I am starting to think their use of TAM to acquire established MLS players might be the way to go. If they actually spent on DPs they might be favorites to win everything.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Montreal is for real this year...so far.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Kerr had a good game, I thought.
    He's developing really well. He was our Man of the Match in DC.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    You guys can have your summer of Perruzza, but no one can lock down a game from the striker postion like Mullinho.
    hahahahha. Brilliant.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So Montreal up next in the semis.

No comment.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by James17930 View Post
    So Montreal up next in the semis.

No comment.
    Yikes, this is scary.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I absolutely love this! So great that footy is being played in more spots around the country. I have to make a more conscious effort to watch CPL. I caught much more of it in the first 1-2 years of the league, but kind of drifted away. I guess I'm still supporting it by keeping my OneSoccer subscription alive between CCL and national team matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mtl have become man city/ liverpool all of sudden,they can be beat,if the vets are healthy poz.oso ayo mavinga

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to give BB more time but Club de Foot seems like the better run club at the moment. Bringing in a sporting director from a feeder league like Belgium seems to have been a good move, Renard seems to find value without having to chase the huge name player.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm willing to give BB more time but Club de Foot seems like the better run club at the moment. Bringing in a sporting director from a feeder league like Belgium seems to have been a good move, Renard seems to find value without having to chase the huge name player.
    yes at the moment mtl, has made the playoffs once in the last 5 yrs and that once was the covid shorten year where there were extra spots
    Last edited by reggie; 05-26-2022 at 02:07 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

They're currently eighth overall. They're playing well, but let's not go crazy.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

We are 4 pts out of a playoff spot and 8pts behind MTL - If TFC didn't get screwed by VAR - we'd probably be a lot closer.

We are not that much worse than MTL, and that says more about how shit they are than how good we are.

You make it seem like CFM are on a different level then we are and out of reach. They may have a couple more wins than us, but that doesn't mean the club is run better than ours.
    Last edited by jabbronies; 05-26-2022 at 04:05 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

While Joey exists....Club Foot is one day away from a breakdown.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jabbronies View Post
    We are 4 pts out of a playoff spot and 8pts behind MTL - If TFC didn't get screwed by VAR - we'd probably be a lot closer.

We are not that much worse than MTL, and that says more about how shit they are than how good we are.

You make it seem like CFM are on a different level then we are and out of reach. They may have a couple more wins than us, but that doesn't mean the club is run better than ours.
    Where do I say that they are at a different level and out of reach? I said at this MOMENT they SEEM like the better run club so please explain how that becomes different level and out of reach. I like the way they used allo to pick up Mihailovic and Johnston both are 23 and could potentially be sold on. I’m sure I will enjoy watching LI this summer-4 years from now his contract could be another cluster fuck.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    While Joey exists....Club Foot is one day away from a breakdown.
    Agree 100%

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ag futbol View Post
    I think this is unfair.

We still won the game and there are some youth players who will undoubtedly be a useful part of TFC going forward.

Now that said, if you told me there was no point of fielding a mainly youth-based 11 in the long run because development is painful and if they work out they usually leave for greener pastures, I would agree.

But I don’t think anybody is under any illusions. Bob is using borrowed time to run these guys out until we rebuild our roster over the next few windows. To me, this is better than the alternative of rushing into signings or watching MLS lifers like Nick DeLeon.

We’ll see if it all works out but at face value it’s a reasonable given the hand we were dealt (bad Curtis contracts and an aging core)
    Well put.