Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Default Match Day CCL Rnd of 16 Leg 1 - TFC @ Leon Wed April 7 8pm - But Yes I'm Still Runnin

Its time....

Have at It People

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post

Its time....

Have at It People
    I assume TSN has this game?

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Just wanna see the boys put in a shift and give Leon a competitive tie. If anything it will be a great preseason.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    I assume TSN has this game?

According to the CCL page, TSN has the rights. However, go to that date on the TSN schedule and its not there yet.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    Just wanna see the boys put in a shift and give Leon a competitive tie. If anything it will be a great preseason.
    I really want to be surprised and I don't like being so pessimistic. But as we all know, the two most important areas we hoped would be re-inforced haven't. Fingers crossed we have misjudged this window and we have more depth than we thought.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

After listening to the commentary over on OneSoccer this month, I pray TSN has the CCL. I'll take hearing what country Osorio represents 2000 times a game over Wheeler or this other guy doing the Olympic Qualifying.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hint for one soccer

Go to the settings

Change the Audio to the 2nd choice

You just get the in stadium mics

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Hint for one soccer

Go to the settings

Change the Audio to the 2nd choice

You just get the in stadium mics
    You sir are a hero.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MikeForbes View Post
    After listening to the commentary over on OneSoccer this month, I pray TSN has the CCL. I'll take hearing what country Osorio represents 2000 times a game over Wheeler or this other guy doing the Olympic Qualifying.
    The broadcast with David Edgar was awful. I know we rag on Caldwell sometimes for never saying anything nice about TFC since he doesn’t want to appear biased, but Edgar was carrying water for everything Canada did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by noxx98 View Post
    The broadcast with David Edgar was awful. I know we rag on Caldwell sometimes for never saying anything nice about TFC since he doesn’t want to appear biased, but Edgar was carrying water for everything Canada did.
    I felt like I was listening to a podcast over the game for 90% of the broadcast.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd rather listen to the Spanish commentary, and not understand a word than any of our so called announcers.

Stop feeding me bullshit stats, I watch soccer to decompress not overload my brain with that nonsense. Let the game flow.

Man I miss the World Cup announcers and their solo play by play.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The Champions League is on OneSoccer. So, get that mute button ready.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's hoping that AUD2 thing still works cause Wheeler is painful.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Here's hoping that AUD2 thing still works cause Wheeler is painful.
    I just came here to say exactly this. Glad to see we’re all on the same page haha

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Going with One Soccer for this is crap, I would assume if TSN was at the table they would have gotten it, so it really shows how TSN and Sportnets feel about soccer.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Pretty sure the only person who likes Wheeler's commentary is Gareth Wheeler.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Won’t be surprised if you also see TSN eventually getting out of showing TFC and Whitecaps and Montreal games and any other MLS games just a matter of time .

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow OneSoccer for champions league really sucks

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Wow OneSoccer for champions league really sucks
    The only answer is they don’t expect them to do well.

EDIT. where do you see One Soccer. I saw TSN.ca and the TSN app, which is better but just as barely.

Edit 2 .. just saw the link https://twitter.com/onesoccer/status...277027848?s=21

Sorry guys, just cancelled my SSH but will remain a RPB
    Last edited by Bushmancan; 03-29-2021 at 08:01 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post
    Thinking about this a bit more - TSN fired KJ and Caldwell will be in mandatory quarantine upon return from CANMNT duty so could be due to staffing, in fairness.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Smokecell View Post
    Thinking about this a bit more - TSN fired KJ and Caldwell will be in mandatory quarantine upon return from CANMNT duty so could be due to staffing, in fairness.
    I’m hoping TSN just sold rights to One Soccer for the round of 16 only.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow garbage news for TFC fans. Way to really drive the viewership for the champions league!

What a surprise the news comes from one soccer and it's crickets from our head office.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I had enough of tsn and sn.they own the bloody team,time for me to cut the cord.i wont take ONE serious until they get a proper broadcast crew its like watching your local community cable channel,sign up KJ

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

OneSoccer isn’t all bad. Sharman is great, I enjoy Platt, and Petrillo does a good job.
    I think Wheeler’s enthusiasm plays better in shorter bits rather than being the voice for 90 minutes.

Hopefully they bring Sharman and other big names back for Champions league.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SoccMan2 View Post
    Won’t be surprised if you also see TSN eventually getting out of showing TFC and Whitecaps and Montreal games and any other MLS games just a matter of time .
    Generally agree. Now that said, as opposed to just signalling their distaste for MLS or televised soccer, I think it’s maybe the start of these networks own existential crisis.

You’re seeing contracts in the US where Amazon and google are bullying their way into live broadcasts. Leagues have long since offered a direct-to-consumer subscription option (yet Canada continues to offer watered down garbage under the same name).

The whole space is ripe for change.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Bushmancan View Post

EDIT. where do you see One Soccer. I saw TSN.ca and the TSN app, which is better but just as barely.

Edit 2 .. just saw the link https://twitter.com/onesoccer/status...277027848?s=21

Sorry guys, just cancelled my SSH but will remain a RPB
    What was ur reason for cancelling ur ssh. I thinking of doing the same but sure yet

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What I find even more mind numbing and funny is that TSN got rid of KJ, yet if you go to the soccer section on TSNs website and scroll down under the TSN on Twitter section it is KJ

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by portu View Post
    I’m hoping TSN just sold rights to One Soccer for the round of 16 only.
    Why would TSN want any of the other rights?

I'm not sure why anyone is surprised after TSN fired so many people at the end of last season. No one picked up the EUFA World Cup Qualifiers (other than a couple of Italy/Portugal games on TLN) - not even DAZN.

It's on One Soccer or nowhere. Besides, it's not like One Soccer is expensive ... $6.25 a month if you subscribe annually. I've saved far more than that on beer since lockdown started.

And doesn't everyone already have One Soccer as it's now got all the Canada games?

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by kottisinick View Post
    What was ur reason for cancelling ur ssh. I thinking of doing the same but sure yet
    Going to be hard to keep it short and I want to try to capture it correctly.

Been going since year one, bought SSH a little later on and for sure, I am not stopping following the team or being a RPB.

Everyone has their own reason for letting them hold their money, for me it was a contract that i believed would be to continue building TFC, keep some people in their jobs, etc. . I understood the pandemic but i thought the 10% for overpriced concession credits was insulting. Serious, they could have been thoughtful and given a for SSH only limited edition and signed keychain, hat, shirt (just an example, not saying) and that would have contained more value and appreciation.

Screwing up the mailing was beyond pathetic... shit happens, I know. But that was inexcusable in the line of work that I do.

The transfer window has been bad, I even understand not getting Borre. But this reminds me of Teams that drop rumours just to appease fans but have no real intention or direction. The "its hard" comment was sad.

We all know that we likely won’t see many games in person this year, after getting to one last year. it is their responsibility to make the games available to the fans, full stop. I got hooked on TFC because of the Live Experience... I wasn't originally a football fan.

Their corporate parents are the two largest media companies in Canada (one just announced a $21B merger)and they control both major Sports Networks. Their profits in some areas are actually higher.... so back to Leiweke, it is so much easier to keep TFC a winner, watch how difficult it will be for the Raptors. (they are going to need a major break to stay relevant). I expect team leadership to fight for budget, it is hard sometimes to stand up to a board. There is no indication he hasn't done that, but there is no indication he has. Even in his town hall.

Only thing we hear is Ali and Manning got contract extensions, so job security over performance could be interpreted.

Trying not to be cynical and nothing against OneSoccer (it should be supported) they negotiated part of this deal last January 2020 but introducing a new subscription service for the team a week before the game... unbelievable. TFC could fund the subscription for one month for SSH that's a $100-200k but grows their base, grows OneSoccer builds a caring brand.... IT IS TOO EASY.

TFC can manage optics very easy... perhaps it will be dual broadcast (maybe a different SSH credit) but we don't know. To let someone announce this in advance and not say anything tells me the PR department has no clue what's going on or understand ands how to embrace the fanbase. Oh wait, they do know how to post on twitter and instagram and probably have great metrics.

I do not doubt, I will again be a SSH. TBH, I don't think it will be difficult, considering how they are disengaging the fans. I think the management have messed this up so bad; they broke my contract and don't deserve my money right now (it took a lot). It is my only recourse.

I don't know if that helps but right or wrong that is how I came to the decision.

"All for One"

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Networks have figured out that events that don’t get any incremental ratings (like an early round TFC CCL game, which will for sure get less than 100K) are not worth anything. Advertisers don’t value a soccer audience, they will pay the same as they would for everything else that draws flies, eg darts or a Leafs rebroadcast or whatever.

So whatever TSN can get from onesoccer or whomever is better than keeping it. They will just take it back if/when a Canadian team advances deep enough.
    “What the world needs is more geniuses with humility; there are so few of us left.”