Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unfortunately, Poz and Piatti put us in this position with their selfish penalty. The defense was he had another penalty against the same goalie the previous game. Varys scores two today, to virtually the same spot within 30 minutes. I hope Vanney did some internal discipline because the arrogance shown In that play has cost us already
    Last edited by MightyDM; 09-14-2020 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If not for Poz we would be a notch above the Whitecaps. We lost this tournament in Vancouver.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Unfortunately, Poz and Piatti put us in this position with their selfish penalty. The defense was he had another penalty against the same goalie the previous game. Barry scores two today, to virtually the same spot within 30 minutes. I hope Vanney did some internal discipline because the arrogance shown I. That play has cost us already
    How about put something on the 2nd highest payed player in the league that decided he doesnt need to play this year. Pozuelo is there every game. He messed up on that play but he is 100% dedicated.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Wow OK, took a 10 min cool off now seeing 4-2 score and now 10 on 10. Please tighten up the score line caps

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Highest paid player on the team has one goal this season. I think Vanney is gone after this season

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Unless Vanc can get another goal - any Mtl win on Wednesday gets them the finals berth (we lose all tiebreakers if Mtl wins 4-2 today and wins on Weds)....

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by NK Toronto View Post
    Highest paid player on the team has one goal this season. I think Vanney is gone after this season
    I dont think its Vanney, he hasnt forced him into the lineup. Seems more a Manning panick move thinking the fans would revolt if lost both Giovinco and Altidore. Reality is no one would have cared that much if had to replace Altidore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

If MLS were to fold/revoke a franchise, you gotta think Vancouver is at the absolute top of the list.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Will be crazy to beat them 2-1 in wins and lose on tie breaker due to goal differential . Head to head record should be tie breaker in all sports and then go to goal differential.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Teibert is the worst

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Whats the next tie breaker after goal dif.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

2020 has gone badly. Orlando was a disaster and we blew the Cdn Championship. When the results aren't there at some point you have to hold the coach accountable.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our record against U.S. teams this year is one win in 5 games.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red CB Toronto View Post
    Whats the next tie breaker after goal dif.
    Goals for, Away goal differential —- Mtl even wins 1-0 and they still get it.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

A 1-0 Mtl win makes everything exactly the same at 9GF and 5GA - but they have better away goal differential. Basically any Mtl win and they get it. So, ummm, it’s done....
    Last edited by tfcfans; 09-13-2020 at 10:54 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

It’s weird that head to head isn’t the first tiebreaker. Perhaps the unbalanced home/away is the reason for that.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Well, we are still tied for second in the league, even if we haven’t played the best teams, so the sky isn’t falling. I go back to my earlier post that management doesn’t seem to care about the ‘extras’ like MLS is Back and the Canadian Championship. I don’t necessarily agree with that, but it is a strategy. The real test, I guess, will be when we start playing down south.
    Last edited by GerMc; 09-13-2020 at 10:57 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GerMc View Post
    Well, we are still tied for second in the league, even if we haven’t played the best teams, so the sky isn’t falling. I go back to my earlier post that management doesn’t seem to care about the ‘extras’ like MLS is Back and the Canadian Championship. I don’t necessarily agree with that, but it is a strategy. The real test, I guess, will be when we start playing down south.
    Mgmt should care about the Cdn Championship. But what do you expect when mgmt are all Americans.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Dam that goofiness with that PK attempt ...

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Why is away goals even a thing with no fans

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes the pk was stupid,we still could of lost that game,without poz and piatti we would have no more then 10 points this season.the team seems off this season,maybe its time to freshen up the coaching staff.
    Last edited by reggie; 09-13-2020 at 11:35 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This entire season is out sorts for lots of teams and players, stops and restarts etc, I am not sure how much judgement will be placed on it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This entire season is out sorts for lots of teams and players, stops and restarts etc, I am not sure how much judgement will be placed on it.
    yes...only in 2020 can the tie breaker not be h to h and we beat them twice in mtl lol what a joke.the csa are ass clowns.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Have you looked where we are in the MLS standings?

People were wondering in here why I was losing my feces when that PK happened. This is why.

As to caring about the Canaidan championship, Manning cares, as does Vanney. Just not sure Piatti & Poz understood the magnitude of their decision making at the time.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Have you looked where we are in the MLS standings?

People were wondering in here why I was losing my feces when that PK happened. This is why.

As to caring about the Canaidan championship, Manning cares, as does Vanney. Just not sure Piatti & Poz understood the magnitude of their decision making at the time.
    That"s because we have played most of our games against Vancouver and Montreal both weak opponents. Against U.S. teams we have won 1 game out of 5.

We blew a 2 goal lead against San Jose and DC, were dominated by NYC, lost against arguably the worst team in the league in Vancouver, and are pretty much done with the Cdn Championship. I don't know how anyone can be satisfied with this season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I gotta agree with this. I watch many of the MLS highlights, especially of the Eastern Conference. Results are all over the map. Yesterday Chicago, with the worst record in the league at the time, and a worse PPG than Vancouver, tied Columbus, with the best record in the league. And Chicago really looked like they could have won that game, Zardes only tied it for Columbus with a few minutes left.

I'm not happy with our record, I think we'll struggle against many of the US teams. But I feel like this season is mostly a crapshoot.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SirBobSaget View Post
    I dont think its Vanney, he hasnt forced him into the lineup. Seems more a Manning panick move thinking the fans would revolt if lost both Giovinco and Altidore. Reality is no one would have cared that much if had to replace Altidore.
    Not a big chance that anyone will be gone, Jozy has clearly checked out due to the opportunity to buy RSL. No one could see that coming.
    MLS is a tough, physical league, that emphasizes speed, and features plastic fields, grueling travel, extreme weather, and incompetent refs. - NK Toronto

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Our record against U.S. teams this year is one win in 5 games.
    Yet also undefeated in league matches.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

That result was a disaster for us. I think part of the problem is that both Montreal and Vancouver bring their best games when they play TFC and after such a game where they leave it all on the field there is a mental let down for the next game. The fact that Cavalini is now out means I don't hold out any hope that Vancouver can win the last game. The best we can hope for is that MdS tears a strip off his guys and they show enough pride to at least draw 0-0.

But honestly, I'm not sure the 2021 CCL happens. They may just finish the 2020 contest next March.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When would the Cup Final even be, December/January? With the three MLS teams soon to be the based in the US and the requirement to quarantine for 14 days when entering Canada it does presents an issue of when they schedule it. The CPL Final is this Saturday.