Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Roogsy View Post
    I think he was talking about the team and their not showing any fire or standing up for the fans.
    Indeed. Classless act by a team playing in a shit stadium with fans who need reminding when to cheer. Let them have it. 23000 fans when you have 60000 seats in your first year is embarrassing, quite frankly. The Impact fans in the supporters section were good, but the douchebags sat in the sections next to us made asses of themselves.

As for us. Dunfield is absolutely appalling. Like, really bad. He's useless and someone needs to tell me what he brings to them team. He can f**k off back to Vancouver as far as I'm concerned. And don't even get me started on Harden.

Think I lack loyalty Well I just took three days off work and made a 800 mile round trip to watch my team not even give a shit. At least have the decency to stick up for your own fans when they're goaded by your fellow 'professionals'.

Pissed of. But dammit I miss away days so deep down I guess I loved it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post
    Indeed. Classless act by a team playing in a shit stadium with fans who need reminding when to cheer. Let them have it. 23000 fans when you have 60000 seats in your first year is embarrassing, quite frankly. The Impact fans in the supporters section were good, but the douchebags sat in the sections next to us made asses of themselves.

As for us. Dunfield is absolutely appalling. Like, really bad. He's useless and someone needs to tell me what he brings to them team. He can f**k off back to Vancouver as far as I'm concerned. And don't even get me started on Harden.

Think I lack loyalty Well I just took three days off work and made a 800 mile round trip to watch my team not even give a shit. At least have the decency to stick up for your own fans when they're goaded by your fellow 'professionals'.

The only two TFC players I can remember standing up for the fans when we're being taunted were Jimmy B against Villa and De Ro as previously mentioned. At BMO virtually every opposition player runs over to goad home fans when they score and none of our team bat an eyelid

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Rene Kingsriver View Post
    At BMO virtually every opposition player runs over to goad home fans when they score and none of our team bat an eyelid
    I don't think this is fair.

1. When you have the turnover we've had, what do you expect? How many guys have been here long enough to feel like it's anything more than a stop on the road?

2. I think that players are wary about this, they can get into trouble with their manager/FO for getting too involved with what is going on with the supporters. Teams don't like it. It was certainly a factor in the Dichio endgame.
    Last edited by ensco; 04-08-2012 at 02:19 PM.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    I don't think this is fair.

1. When you have the turnover we've had, what do you expect? How many guys have been here long enough to feel like it's anything more than a stop on the road?

2. I think that players are wary about this, they can get into trouble with their manager/FO for getting too involved with what is going on with the supporters. Teams don't like it. It was certainly a factor in the Dichio endgame.
    1. That's a pretty fair statement, hadn't really thought of that. But consider, had they run over and celebrated in front of our bench like that would it have been a different reaction? Would that just be a stop on the road?

2. Again, pretty fair statement. Although if a front office is public record to have said "don't involve or encourage your fans", that's gotta be the beginning of the end to the support they're gonna get.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Despite the loss, had a pretty good and fun overall day in Montreal, starting with a 7 am breakfast at Dunns consisting of smoked meat and poutine. The Big 0 with 23k in it made it feel sparse, but the TFC supporters sections were good. Had a great time at McLeans, the Towers of Beer were a popular hit for most there. Then on to the Leafs to see them go down big time to the Habs, before getting out of town on a 12:15 bus.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TorontoGooner View Post

23,000 fans is quite good, considering the actual stadium where they'll be playing will have a capacity of only have about 20,000 or so. And considering this was at 12:00 on a Saturday afternoon, not bad at all.

Edit: Of course I forgot to factor in the 1000+ TFC fans that made the trip up the 401/20, but even then that's about 22,000 Impact fans!
    Last edited by spe18; 04-08-2012 at 04:59 PM.

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    I think everyone's overreacting. We're a sixth year expansion side.
    Overreacting ?
    Don't think so.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    It's easy to say things like this, but you have to then give examples, or it sounds like you are just spouting negative things off of the top of your head.

Santos was clinical on their attacking end, but somewhat disorganized in their defense (which is also their weak area). They followed their usual strategy against American/Canadian teams and applied a lot of pressure in the second half at home, leading to defensive breakdowns. They did this against Seattle and beat them. Did they "play like garbage" then, but it was only Seattle's failings that made Seattle lose?

Now back to topic, neither Montreal nor Toronto looked good, in fact Toronto looked totally wiped, which is what you'd expect. It was more the flip of a coin which team would win.
    note to self... think before you type.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

When your team plays football for under five minutes of a game, you have a problem.

Dunfield and deguz have no forward vision, RJ is not an am.

I'd like to have vitti back. Vitti was prob. The best 2nd striker we've had; beat one- two defenders thread a pass. (With nothing to pass to he often tried to do too much) At the time we had next to nothing infront of him and a coach who couldn't realize half the attacking poetential of that team.
    I remember vitti getting hung at the gallows on here and laughed. Now he's tearing it up down south .......

We used to have one of the best midfields, but no attacking and defence.

Now we have no midfield no defence and good strikers.

MLS is a tragic comedy.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

For the team we have right now we should be using more crosses into the box, wear down their team and utilize plata as a super sub in the second half to run at and around tired legs. RJ and koevs need to be rooted infront of net. They are both trees and are most valuble to us heading (rj) and poaching rebounds (koevs) I think if we
    ----------RJ------Koevs---------
    -----------------avila------------
    ----stinson----------silva-------
    -------------deguz---------------
    Morgan--aceval--not harden-- ecks

Grow a pair winter. Have the big men pound the box and then on the 60 th min super sub speedy plata, lambe and soolsma in.

-----plata-----koevs-------soolsma

----------lambe-----------avila-----
    ------------------deguz------------

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT !I think everyone's overreacting. We're a sixth year expansion side. Sorry tabor have to disagree with you on this one! This weekend game against Chivas is calling for rain mixed in with empty seats that look like big gaping holes just like the TFC defense!

Registered
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    It's a real shame that Cronin and Tchani were given away for nothing. Our current group is sorely in need of two young box to box midfielders of that ilk.
    I may be wrong, but wasn't Cronin given away to make room for De Guzman? Double kick in the nards.
    ¡Vamos Celta!

Registered
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

oh, you guys !

Anyway, 23K in the Big O, with 1K of travelling support, against what will be your number 1 rival in the first year of your MLS adventure is downright poor (in my opinion, of course).

To me this indicates there won't be many sellouts at Saputo at all.

There should have been no fewer that 30K to make the effort worthwhile. I can see Montreal management rethinking any plans to take games back there in future.
    a ha ha heh he hoo.. ha

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Juanito View Post
    I may be wrong, but wasn't Cronin given away to make room for De Guzman? Double kick in the nards.
    Nope. JDG came end of 2009, Cronin went in 2010. Didn't we can Dichio to make room for JDG?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Toopy and binou should be our cbs

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT ! View Post
    oh, you guys !

Anyway, 23K in the Big O, with 1K of travelling support, against what will be your number 1 rival in the first year of your MLS adventure is downright poor (in my opinion, of course).

To me this indicates there won't be many sellouts at Saputo at all.

There should have been no fewer that 30K to make the effort worthwhile. I can see Montreal management rethinking any plans to take games back there in future.
    Wasn't this game only there because Saputo is still being renovated and wasn't available? A soccer rivalry is certainly going to grow between these two teams, but it has a long way to go.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^Correct. Can't believe they couldn't do more though. Give tix away like their CCL 1/4 final a couple years ago.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I will only say this. Compare Montreal's CBs with our own. We are in year six, and we have not even come close to having a CB of Ferrari's quality. Even on the chance in the first for Danny, Ferrari made an inteligent play to try to cut the ball off, just missing it. Frings is the best defender we have ever had and he is not a natrual CB.

We are improving. But everyone seems to be able to improve much facter then us. There is something wrong at our chore.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^ We are pinning our hopes on a return of Cann. I like the kid, but seriously he does not compare, to what Montreal have in Ferrari.

[ I am saying this as someone who stopped watching after the red, as I am tiered of this shit)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by trane View Post
    I will only say this. Compare Montreal's CBs with our own. We are in year six, and we have not even come close to having a CB of Ferrari's quality. Even on the chance in the first for Danny, Ferrari made an inteligent play to try to cut the ball off, just missing it. Frings is the best defender we have ever had and he is not a natrual CB.

We are improving. But everyone seems to be able to improve much facter then us. There is something wrong at our chore.
    While this may be true, we also used to have midfield. We've never had a rock solid defence though. Frings is not our cb. Deguzman is expendable and we should look to solidify that position with a solid defender.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

This trip was like a Clint Eastwood movie. The Good, The Bad and The Ugly.

The Good: seeing a lot friends. working on the displays. drinking. being in Montreal.

The Bad: Douchebag Limp Act players.

The Ugly: our performance. JDG? really!!! FFS! you're shit I feel so sorry for Kocic. our defending is utter shite! I know a lot can be said about Dunfield and Harden but they are bench players. JDG isn't good enough to justify his cost.

This is a terrible start to the season.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

^^^ i thought ferrari was shit at first but he is playing better for sure, he would be the starting CB for TFC no matter who is currently in the lineup

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by tfc007 View Post
    Originally Posted by TOBOR THE GREAT !I think everyone's overreacting. We're a sixth year expansion side. Sorry tabor have to disagree with you on this one! This weekend game against Chivas is calling for rain mixed in with empty seats that look like big gaping holes just like the TFC defense!
    I may be wrong but I think Tobor's sarcasm is not being read here......duh every year we are an expansion side
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JavierMartini View Post
    While this may be true, we also used to have midfield. We've never had a rock solid defence though. Frings is not our cb. Deguzman is expendable and we should look to solidify that position with a solid defender.
    He is not, but he has done the best on the back line when he has been deployed as a sweeper.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Fort York Redcoat View Post
    ^Correct. Can't believe they couldn't do more though. Give tix away like their CCL 1/4 final a couple years ago.
    Actually, my understanding is that they gave away two extra tickets to every STH. People in Montreal simply do not give a flying fuck about any team not named Les Canadiens. They do, however, care about being part of the latest happening, which is what their 58,000-spectator home opener was. Don't go thinking people were there because they care about the team. The only people who care about the Impact were the 100-odd people behind the net.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by London View Post
    ^^^ i thought ferrari was shit at first but he is playing better for sure, he would be the starting CB for TFC no matter who is currently in the lineup
    In the game or in the season? I thought he was solid in the game from the start. Again he tried to cut the ball, alla Canavarro circa 06, and just missed it, but I would not call that a poor decision but a failure to get to the ball.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

In the game or in the season? I thought he was solid in the game from the start. Again he tried to cut the ball, alla Canavarro circa 06, and just missed it, but I would not call that a poor decision but a failure to get to the ball.
    the judge is still out there, but Ferrari looks like a good pick up. he's still getting used to the nature of MLS, but once he figures out the league, he has potential to be a very good player. you really can't argue with his pedigree
    “Years have gone by and I’ve finally learned to accept myself for who I am: a beggar for good football.

I go about the world, hand outstretched, and in the stadiums I plead: ‘A pretty move, for the love of God.’

And when good football happens, I give thanks for the miracle and I don’t give a damn which team or country performs it.”

-Eduardo Galeano

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

he is organized and controls the back
    always was and always will be a solid reliable defender
    he would never pull the moves that aceval pulls he keeps it clean and clears the ball when it needs to be cleared just like our boy ecks does

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Aceval would be fine if he cut the cute dipsy doodles outa his game. As for the goal, kocic has to be louder and or learn keeper in spanish. Endof/

Banned
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carefree View Post
    Actually, my understanding is that they gave away two extra tickets to every STH. People in Montreal simply do not give a flying fuck about any team not named Les Canadiens. They do, however, care about being part of the latest happening, which is what their 58,000-spectator home opener was. Don't go thinking people were there because they care about the team. The only people who care about the Impact were the 100-odd people behind the net.
    Everyone who buys a season ticket cares about the team they're buying it for. I know people who watch every TFC game on TV and haven't been to a single home game due to work, cost or they coach the game. To say that if you're not part of a supporters group you don't care about your team is BULLSHIT.

Let's face it. If you're a casual fan in Montreal and the game is at noon and the opponent is a team who hasn't made the play-offs in six years and in the next few weeks , Henry Red Bull and Beckham Galaxy are coming to town, are you really going to make an extra effort to see JDG play?? I don't think a single casual fan in Montreal thinks we're their biggest rival. Montreal doesn't have the same small town hate-on for Toronto as Toronto has for Montreal. Over the last 15 years--The Leafs have bee terrible. The Argos have been terrible. No Expos. No NBA team. Their natural rivals would be Boston due to the Bruins.

AND I doubt if we played the Impact at Roger Centres we'd get more than 23K either. Who gives a shit about their line-up? I'd rather see KC three times this year. Simply due to the increase in quality of opponent.
    Last edited by Toronto; 04-09-2012 at 06:51 PM.