Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

The biggest issues for attendance are what you say - the opt-in ticket approach & how bad the team is.

Just to go over the covid thing a bit.

One of the metrics used for how mobile people is cell phone mobility usage.

Its still down 9% over 2 years ago. OK, maybe there are less people working (Toronto's unemployment rate is 9.6%) & more people working from home.

But, people are still husbanding their "going out time" way more then they did 2 years ago.

Anecdotally, I made a choice to go to one game in Oct/ Nov because I still don't feel all that safe on the TTC yet in the evening, especially when their union took a pro - "Vax is my choice" stand. That concern was doubled when Ford basically told all the anti-vaxxers they can ride out being responsible because by March it will all be over.

Its mentally still a thing.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    The biggest issues for attendance are what you say - the opt-in ticket approach & how bad the team is.
    I agree with this as being the main reason. But as it is stated also, safety is still a concern for many as well. Life has changed. For some it won't fully go back. I have not gone to any games yet this season and I know other supporters that have done the same. It is what it is this year.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I didn't bother due to the opt-in as well but our lost season didn't help. I have zero Covid concerns but knew I would be missing a few of these matches due to work + studio conflicts and it wasn't worth the hassle to switch things around when it seemed possible it could get shut down again. Plus I haven't had any days off work except for Sundays & stats since this pandemic started and I use every minute I'm spared to relax on the couch and enjoy time with my dogs.