Page 31 of 86 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334354181 ... LastLast
    RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by KurtLarSUN View Post
    The point of the roof, based on my conversations and touring the building, is to both keep sound in and protect many fans. Far more than 25% of fans will be protected. Put it this way: Unless the venue is completely sold out (it won't be) fans impacted by rain will likely be able to relocate to seats that are protected. It will make a difference.
    Well I have my fingers crossed for when the south end canopy goes up that it covers row 21 which is the accessible row at the top on the concourse. My wife, due to her disability can't get wet the way we do when it rains so she has had to miss many games or leave part way through some games because of it when we didn't expect rain. I was really hoping this would be the solution. Since she is sometimes in a wheelchair we don't have alot of options to relocate and still see the game. If the canopy goes to the back of the concourse I think we will be ok for the most part with the exception of those games where weather is coming in sideways.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain would have to be coming down at a very, very sharp angle for you not to be protected. Won't know for sure until it actually rains at a game.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Rain would have to be coming down at a very, very sharp angle for you not to be protected. Won't know for sure until it actually rains at a game.
    Having attended a match in the north of England, Burnley for the matter of fact in non-stop rain storm, I can tell you how nice it was being completely covered. Looking forward to it.

Remember The Man, The Legend, The Goal 5-12-07 and All That #9 Left On The Pitch, Thanks For The Memories !!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'm glad to see there will be temporary seating in the North End for TFC matches.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I remember having convos addressing the fact the Argos wouldn't fit in BMO field.

To whomsoever that convo was with- We were both right.

The Argos didn't fit as is so they changed the field dimension rules for them. Grats, I guess. I know what I think when TFC plays NYCFC.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ManUtd4ever View Post
    I'm glad to see there will be temporary seating in the North End for TFC matches.
    ? - do the SSH that were in the NE last year have an option to take one of these seats before relocation?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I suppose questions still remain over football lines showing up on our pitch, unless I missed that somewhere.

That will really ruin the experience for me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post
    I suppose questions still remain over football lines showing up on our pitch, unless I missed that somewhere.

Will have more on that in tomorrow's Sun.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Looking forward to it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    ? - do the SSH that were in the NE last year have an option to take one of these seats before relocation?
    i would expect you could, they will probably be priced as premium seats though.

Best to call your rep and ask about them.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by CanadaLFC View Post

RPB Member

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by JayMolly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Pint View Post
    i would expect you could, they will probably be priced as premium seats though.

Best to call your rep and ask about them.
    I'll second the phone call option. Knowing that last year they let people know their seats were gone because of construction changes they may continue that line except it will be in the thousands vs the odd dozen lost last year.

Let us know what they say to you if you give them a shout, please.
    FORMER FULL TIME KOOL-AID DRINKER

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

So if last year BMO had approx. 30,266 seats and they removed at least 1,600+ seats and the are adding in less than 1000 seats.. how is attendance still 30,000? They couldn't just add 12 rows of seats for TFC games across the Toronto Parasites turf?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    So if last year BMO had approx. 30,266 seats and they removed at least 1,600+ seats and the are adding in less than 1000 seats.. how is attendance still 30,000? They couldn't just add 12 rows of seats for TFC games across the Toronto Parasites turf?
    does it really matter ... only got close to 25,000 real butts in seats for impact during ex, orlando, nycfc. Let try to get the east side at least half full constistantly, then talk about 30k.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    does it really matter ... only got close to 25,000 real butts in seats for impact during ex, orlando, nycfc. Let try to get the east side at least half full constistantly, then talk about 30k.
    Just to put this all into some sort of actual figures - wikipedia sold ticket announced amounts

30 226 for the opening game

23 569 Portland (Sunday)

17 771 SJE rainstorm

30 029 NYCFC

24 895 Impact

16 382 DCU rainstorm

25 032 Union (July)

26 648 (Orlando)

24 326 (SKC)

26 397 (Orlando - CNE game)

30 226 (Montreal - CNE game)

20 257 (NER - Sunday)

19 692 (Colorado - another rain storm)

22 513 (Chicago)

18 332 (Philly)

18143 (NYRB - mid week Jays game - if people were not there, sucks to be them)

24 253 (CBUS)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I would assume that attendance will be better this year with Seba winning the MVP, making the playoffs and the new look stadium.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by OgtheDim View Post
    Just to put this all into some sort of actual figures - wikipedia sold ticket announced amounts

16 382 DCU rainstorm

This is the one I find most interesting. If those are in fact SOLD tickets, we know that SSH accounted for no more than about 55%. Thus the fire-sale on buying extra seats (which still chaps my ass that I got one last year, at "early bird" pricing. Renos are taking away how many seats? But curious, with the new "patio", will they create a new General Admission ticket that is meant as standing room only at the patio?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Phil View Post
    what time does the first game kick off? An hour before that.
    Cheeky. I like it.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sully View Post
    http://www.torontosun.com/2016/02/03...ion-in-toronto

Kurt Larson's article from his visit today. Interesting there will actually be north end seats, some Argos recognition? and a potential phase 3..
    Argos recognition you say? But I thought I was crazy when I mentioned this a while ago in the thread?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by billyfly View Post
    Argos recognition you say? But I thought I was crazy when I mentioned this a while ago in the thread?
    another Lie from TL... part of me hopes they are smart enough to keep it away from anywhere people can get at it, part of me hopes they are stupid and have them within reach.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I'd be flabbergasted if there were any permanent structural elements reflecting the Argos. The Argo fans will just be happy with a place for their team to play. They can tarp the shit out of the place on Argos game day and then it'll all be gone the remainder of the time. I think MLSE knows how to play this.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Where ever they do something, its going to be a flashpoint.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    I'd be flabbergasted if there were any permanent structural elements reflecting the Argos. The Argo fans will just be happy with a place for their team to play. They can tarp the shit out of the place on Argos game day and then it'll all be gone the remainder of the time. I think MLSE knows how to play this.
    As I've said before, BM0 will likely be the Argos' organization's home more than it will TFC's for the simple fact that TFC have Downsview.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by BelfastBoy View Post
    I don't think there will ever be any "permanent" Argos elements in the stadium, if you get my drift.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by GreatWhiteNorth View Post
    This is the one I find most interesting. If those are in fact SOLD tickets, we know that SSH accounted for no more than about 55%. Thus the fire-sale on buying extra seats (which still chaps my ass that I got one last year, at "early bird" pricing. Renos are taking away how many seats? But curious, with the new "patio", will they create a new General Admission ticket that is meant as standing room only at the patio?

I think the attendance numbers are usually fairly accurate to scanned tickets. I seem to recall there being nearly 20,000 SSH as such those should all count as sold tickets. The only other option is they count scanned SSH and purchased single game tickets. You can't get a number under 20,000 really if you count all sold tickets. They may actually be counting scanned tickets and RPBs may just vastly underestimate the number of people in the stadium at any given times.. The same people that complain about fair weather fans and who are now also complaining about the new roof not protecting them against rain enough.

I'm think the attendance numbers though can be inflated however I think there must be some kind of (if not more than one) formula to produce that number that takes into account the SSH who actually come out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

30 226 for the opening game

23 569 Portland (Sunday)

17 771 SJE rainstorm

30 029 NYCFC

24 895 Impact

16 382 DCU rainstorm

25 032 Union (July)

26 648 (Orlando)

24 326 (SKC)

26 397 (Orlando - CNE game)

30 226 (Montreal - CNE game)

20 257 (NER - Sunday)

19 692 (Colorado - another rain storm)

22 513 (Chicago)

18 332 (Philly)

18143 (NYRB - mid week Jays game - if people were not there, sucks to be them)

24 253 (CBUS)
    i was talking "real butts in seats". i think the only semi-accurate number in there was orlando --- i guess TL was on vacation that week and couldn't give'em a number.
    just a pet-peeve i have, I hate when MLS makes up attendence numbers ... makes them look like the USFL

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the rainstorm numbers.

Some of the best and loudest and passionate crowds are when only the "committed lunatics" come out.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Onyx View Post
    i was talking "real butts in seats". i think the only semi-accurate number in there was orlando --- i guess TL was on vacation that week and couldn't give'em a number.
    just a pet-peeve i have, I hate when MLS makes up attendence numbers ... makes them look like the USFL
    So your objective opinion is based on...? The same as the rest of us. Our experience.

BTW, i was there for the truly lowest amount of supporters ever (a certain CCL game with a bull at the other end).

TFC doesn't have issues getting 20K there now. And the 25K amount is done periodically. What I'd like to see is a better price point on the upper east side, but it seems the powers that be think those seats are worth a lot - I note the pricing for the Argos up there is equally ludicrous.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

About the rainstorm numbers.

Some of the best and loudest and passionate crowds are when only the "committed lunatics" come out.
    Yep, personally i love rain games. The people in the stands have let go of whatever inhibitions they may usually bring and go all out for the team.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Kaz View Post
    I think the attendance numbers are usually fairly accurate to scanned tickets. I seem to recall there being nearly 20,000 SSH as such those should all count as sold tickets. The only other option is they count scanned SSH and purchased single game tickets. You can't get a number under 20,000 really if you count all sold tickets. They may actually be counting scanned tickets and RPBs may just vastly underestimate the number of people in the stadium at any given times.. The same people that complain about fair weather fans and who are now also complaining about the new roof not protecting them against rain enough.

I'm think the attendance numbers though can be inflated however I think there must be some kind of (if not more than one) formula to produce that number that takes into account the SSH who actually come out.
    if you get mls live, putting out imaginary attendence numbers is an epidemic ... colorado, columbus, dc, NYRB, dallas, houston, philly and even galaxy are worst offenders. It this day and age with everyone having a camera phone, it just makes the league really bad and butt of jokes. just put out the real number and everyone forgets it!
    Last edited by Onyx; 02-04-2016 at 03:53 PM.