Hybrid View

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

https://www.tsn.ca/european-clubs-tr...utty-1.1763085

Jahkeele Marshall-Rutty’s agent tells TSN a European club was ready to table a transfer offer for the Toronto FC forward, but the MLS team is keen to hold on to the 17 year old and values the Canadian talent at $20 million.

Marshall-Rutty trained with Arsenal, Liverpool, and Belgium’s Club Brugge over the MLS off-season. Marshall-Rutty’s agent, Mike Senkowski, says those clubs are now “tracking” his development this MLS season.

One of the clubs Marshal-Rutty trained with was ready to make TFC an offer for the Brampton, Ont. native, but new TFC head coach and sporting director Bob Bradley is apparently keen on working with Marshall-Rutty this season.

“Bob [Bradley] has been terrific with Jahkeele, so that helps for a young talent to focus on his current environment,” Senkowski said. “[Former Toronto FC head coach Greg] Vanney gave him the encouragement and feeling, but [Bradley] has given this as well, along with opportunity and readiness to play.”
    I still don't really get the attention with Marshal-Rutty... $20 million?!? Are we seriously expecting to get $20 million for him?

I hope he's ready to blow me away with his play this weekend because that is bonkers.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TORONTO FC CLOSE TO FULLY FINALIZING DEAL FOR CRISCITO

https://football-italia.net/toronto-fc-close-to-fully-finalizing-deal-for-criscito/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    https://www.tsn.ca/european-clubs-tr...utty-1.1763085

I still don't really get the attention with Marshal-Rutty... $20 million?!? Are we seriously expecting to get $20 million for him?

I hope he's ready to blow me away with his play this weekend because that is bonkers.
    lol you are going judge a 17 yr old kid playing a new postion with a new roster and new coach on his worth in a game this weekend

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    lol you are going judge a 17 yr old kid playing a new postion with a new roster and new coach on his worth in a game this weekend
    Not really how I meant it. I just don't get the hype, to me the kid is an unknown. He has 4 professional starts and hasn't cracked 500 minutes in his career. I just don't get how a value like that is even being tossed around.

Wolfsburg submitted an offer to us for Okello when he was 17. I see Marshall-Rutty at basically the same stage of his career as Okello was then. Highly-rated prospects with value that is almost entirely speculative because they've barely played and therefore have not shown anything at the top level. And that's fine. But like, what do we think that offer was for Okello? $1 million? My guess would be somewhere around there.

I know it's been a few years and values rise but Davies was 15 years old when he was routinely the best player on the pitch in MLS and he was sold for $22 million. How Marshall-Rutty is already in that neighbourhood is beyond me... needless to say I will not complain if that is in fact the case.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Not really how I meant it. I just don't get the hype, to me the kid is an unknown. He has 4 professional starts and hasn't cracked 500 minutes in his career. I just don't get how a value like that is even being tossed around.

Wolfsburg submitted an offer to us for Okello when he was 17. I see Marshall-Rutty at basically the same stage of his career as Okello was then. Highly-rated prospects with value that is almost entirely speculative because they've barely played and therefore have not shown anything at the top level. And that's fine. But like, what do we think that offer was for Okello? $1 million? My guess would be somewhere around there.

I know it's been a few years and values rise but Davies was 15 years old when he was routinely the best player on the pitch in MLS and he was sold for $22 million. How Marshall-Rutty is already in that neighbourhood is beyond me... needless to say I will not complain if that is in fact the case.
    bc of the success of Davies and other, MLS prices have gone up significantly since then.

JMR is thought of by many in europe (as well as domestically, clearly) as the youngster with the highest upside in north america, and bob is apparently incredibly high on him.

i'm happy they are playing hardball here, no need to sell our crown jewels for peanuts.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

yes i really doubt he is in that range,probs agent talk,but who knows they do spend like drunken sailors in the epl,maybe he really did impress on his trials,and the CNMT is like a flavor of the month these days,i think if he plays well he may be in the 8 to 10 range.one way or another i think he is gone in july

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by reggie View Post
    yes i really doubt he is in that range,probs agent talk,but who knows they do spend like drunken sailors in the epl,maybe he really did impress on his trials,and the CNMT is like a flavor of the month these days,i think if he plays well he may be in the 8 to 10 range.one way or another i think he is gone in july
    I don't think he'll be gone in July. He will probably sign a deal like Clarke did and be loaned back for the remainder of 2022.