Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Seba was pissed because he was subbed off. You don't sub off a player who scored 2 goals with just 7 minutes left. Idiotic move from vanney, but then again, this is vanney and nothing suprise's me anymore from him.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ronzilla View Post
    Seba was pissed because he was subbed off. You don't sub off a player who scored 2 goals with just 7 minutes left. Idiotic move from vanney, but then again, this is vanney and nothing suprise's me anymore from him.
    The game was won and the pitch was slippery... if Giovinco hurts himself in those last minutes you're on here calling Vanney a moron for not taking him out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Apparently Perquis was upset with the media in the post-game scrum and had a go at Larson.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/soccer/giovi...fc-to-victory/

" 'Don’t look at me like that. You’re not my family,' Perquis said repeatedly to Larson, who was standing across the room."

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by notthesun View Post
    Apparently Perquis was upset with the media in the post-game scrum and had a go at Larson.

Good. Larson put in a lot of work to make sure everybody notices Kantari's punch. Don't expect respect from players when you do that to their teammates, especially when TFC is already down.
    Last edited by Fort York Redcoat; 09-21-2015 at 08:58 AM.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Hamilton_Red View Post
    Get Gio subbed now. Time to kill the game off.
    The game was won and the pitch was slippery... if Giovinco hurts himself in those last minutes you're on here calling Vanney a moron for not taking him out.
    Hamilton Red called it correctly before Vanney did it. The refs weren't protecting Seba, Colorado were being very physical with him, the pitch was slippery, and the game was already won. Vanney made the right call. Sure Seba wants to play, but he's playing a lot more than he did in Italy and no one needs to lose a key asset. I'm sure he'll be fine with it afterwards.

RPB Member

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My thoughts about the game:

1. The crowd was very subdued, but those RPB in 111/112 brought it all game, rain or shine.

2. 4-4-2 flat, or our earlier diamond are the best formations in most situations.

3. Seba is fantastic. One of the best players in the league, maybe the best. Give him service and he shines.

4. Our defense does incredibly stupid things like pass in front of our net, or get caught on the wrong side of a player. Is that Vanney's fault or just really poor players? I was coaching this stuff out of youth players when I coached, are these players so bad yhat they don't know defending 101? It's hard to think its Vanney's fault, by thr time you are a pro you should not do these things.

5. We are now out of the race for the wooden spoon.t
    Last edited by Oldtimer; 09-19-2015 at 05:43 PM.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I believe Seba boiled over after the play at the height of the rainstorm, where he got cut down right on the run by the last man, a straight red, and the guy only got yellow.

I think he was also mad about being subbed off. Why, I am not sure.

I agree with those he think he should not have been playing in that rain, that was a hamstring injury waiting to happen.
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

He should've been subbed off much earlier, IMO. As others have said, no need to risk an injury when we're up 3-1.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by andyboy View Post
    Thunderbolt and lightning,
    Very, very frightening me.
    (Giovinco) Giovinco.
    (Giovinco) Giovinco,
    Giovinco in on goal
    Magnifico.

Bravo!
    "There are some people who might have better technique than me, and some may be fitter than me, but the main thing is tactics. With most players, tactics are missing. You can divide tactics into insight, trust, and daring." - Johan Cruyff

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Delgado as FB against a good team isn't going to cut it.

Great game by Giovinco.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by jloome View Post
    And Al-tidore missed a header at the post
    for free, for freee, for freeeeeee.......!
    Very good also!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

" 'Don’t look at me like that. You’re not my family,' Perquis said repeatedly to Larson, who was standing across the room."
    Oh now I'm interested in what this was about.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Any reason we had that banner in our section?

I'm all for the message of refugees welcome but plugging a website with a political message like that one should be a group decision no?

Not a big deal but in the future it's something to consider.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I can breathe a sigh of relief after that game. TFC was the better team the first half, but then the heavens opened so I don't take much from the second half. Playing in sheeting rain is pretty miserable. One step closer to the playoffs...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Red4ever View Post
    Any reason we had that banner in our section?

I'm all for the message of refugees welcome but plugging a website with a political message like that one should be a group decision no?

Not a big deal but in the future it's something to consider.
    Throughout the week, we were contacted by various season seat holders whom had complained to their ticket reps about the ban. We were told that the ticket reps claimed the ban was a mistake and the club had reversed its decision. We contacted someone higher up at TFC whom confirmed the decision. http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...ronto-fc-games

We unfurled in our section once again and was kindly invited by a couple RPB members to bring the banner over to 112. Everyone was very supportive and if people opposed, we were more than willing to mediate or even return to our section but no one appeared to do so. Thanks for the support everyone!

https://twitter.com/edwardhswong/sta...72294316060672 Photos of the banner.
    Last edited by flamehawk; 09-19-2015 at 06:14 PM.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Perquis looked like he wanted to kill someone with his goal celebration.
    perquis is annoying, always trying to fight or act like a tough guy

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

3 points and we deserved to win.

Meh...haters on Altidore are going to hate. Guy is a load and makes any header towards him winnable (which is something we have not had since Dichio). He's scored goals and made goals and runs channels and works his ass off. That some think he's lazy is...lazy. Guy works hard and gets beat up all the time to create spaces that others can exploit. Its like watching Gilberto, only Jozy is in shape, actually scores, gets the ball offf of headers, goes where he needs to go towards, and can lay off sweet sweet passes (I counted 5 in the first half).

Colarado is poor and were out of that game until the weather made going forward in the second half almost impossible. That was dreadful and if you were not there you just don't understand the conditions.

Their one defender should have had a DOGSO foul and instead the foul went on Giovinco. Then after that, another probable DOGSO foul only gets a yellow. No wonder Seba was pissed.

Roll on next week.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Yup up just think without Gio would Vanney still be here . Why do we seem to be 2 different teams 1rst half / 2nd half . Our last ten minutes of far too many games are spent bunkering . In our end . Heart attack stuff , with our liabilities .
    ALL HELL'S BROKEN LOOSEhttp://gfycat.com/SharpKindArrowana

RPB Member XI17 Moderator
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by DinamoTFC View Post
    perquis is annoying, always trying to fight or act like a tough guy
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. If he backed it up with more consistent performances, I wouldn't mind. The league seems full of guys with similar attitudes at times.
    Did the USA , of all countries, just fix soccer? - C. Ronaldo, May 27th commenting on the FBI-led investigations into fraud and corruption throughout FIFA.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Good result and much needed break in the recent trend. The 10 minutes before half time after their goal were hairy - looked like we were about to collapse at the back. Half time break was good and steadied the ship. It could have easily been 3-2 going in to half time and then the 2nd half would have been different. Doesn't sem to be good chemistry ... Perquis goal celebration he grabbed Gio by neck/face and pushed him away - was weird to me. Bradley is better playing deeper and with some defensive duties - he needs to keep playing there. But how a player of that calibre can go on long solo dribble so often and lose the ball with out passing is beyond me.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Oldtimer View Post
    Hamilton Red called it correctly before Vanney did it. The refs weren't protecting Seba, Colorado were being very physical with him, the pitch was slippery, and the game was already won. Vanney made the right call. Sure Seba wants to play, but he's playing a lot more than he did in Italy and no one needs to lose a key asset. I'm sure he'll be fine with it afterwards.
    I was saying to sub him at around 60 and give hima proper rest and protect him. Take him off in the last 5 minutes seemed pointless. It's good see a player upset abput being taken off - nothing wrong with that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Cashcleaner View Post
    Glad I wasn't the only one thinking it. If he backed it up with more consistent performances, I wouldn't mind. The league seems full of guys with similar attitudes at times.
    His performance today was the best from any defender this season. If he puts a string of good performances together, his Gattuso-like approach to the game will be worthy of of admiration. I like that he called out the reporter after the game.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    His performance today was the best from any defender this season. If he puts a string of good performances together, his Gattuso-like approach to the game will be worthy of of admiration. I like that he called out the reporter after the game.
    Perquis is more of a Martin Saric type, I'd say.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ensco View Post
    Perquis is more of a Martin Saric type, I'd say.
    Forgot about that mope. At least TFC didnt have a late game brain fart like the Jays did.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by 69Chevy396 View Post
    Except for five minutes of Giovincos brilliance, the game was even, and Colorado had more scoring chances, which they screwed up with regularity. Giovinco scored both goals out of nothing, and his corner may be the finest ever taken by a TFC player....curled, right on the money...considering we score only a few goals off corners each season, this was pretty much his game.

Gotta call BS on that. Total and utter BS. I was there, and we were totally dominant. Took our foot of the gas, but in the same way us doing well after we are down 2-0 doesn't suggest we are good, anything after 3-0 up is virtually irrelevant. Colorado barely had a touch until Konopka got too aggressive on that corner.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

There's actually more people on here tonight than where that the game. ....

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by flamehawk View Post
    Throughout the week, we were contacted by various season seat holders whom had complained to their ticket reps about the ban. We were told that the ticket reps claimed the ban was a mistake and the club had reversed its decision. We contacted someone higher up at TFC whom confirmed the decision. http://news.nationalpost.com/sports/...ronto-fc-games

We unfurled in our section once again and was kindly invited by a couple RPB members to bring the banner over to 112. Everyone was very supportive and if people opposed, we were more than willing to mediate or even return to our section but no one appeared to do so. Thanks for the support everyone!

https://twitter.com/edwardhswong/sta...72294316060672 Photos of the banner.

I wasn't gonna put up a fuss, doesn't mean I like the precedent.

Are you connected with the group? Why the need for .ca? And not just "refugees welcome"?
    Last edited by Red4ever; 09-19-2015 at 07:48 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by burlington Red View Post
    There's actually more people on here tonight than where that the game. ....

the rpb section was half empty as it was cold and the jays were on also lol......

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MightyDM View Post
    Gotta call BS on that. Total and utter BS. I was there, and we were totally dominant. Took our foot of the gas, but in the same way us doing well after we are down 2-0 doesn't suggest we are good, anything after 3-0 up is virtually irrelevant. Colorado barely had a touch until Konopka got too aggressive on that corner.
    The game is 90 minutes long, and the second half was dominated by Colorado, but they were lousy finishers. Without Giovinco, this could have easily been a 0-1 defeat. And, you forget the several good chances in the last ten minutes of the first half by Colorado. It was certainly an even contest, except for Giovinco. And, that is a good thing. I think most supporters will agree that without him, we would as bad as last season.

RPB Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

You are right on.....without Seba no chance they make the playoffs.....win, lose or draw they need to make multiple changes
    Loyal - Win, lose or draw!

Weston, Ontario